1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embree has lost this team...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BlackNGold, Nov 3, 2012.

1. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

Back from the game. Extremely disappointed in HC Jon Embree. This team knows they have no chance to win with Jordan Webb at QB. When Webb came out and threw the Pick 6 you could feel about 40% of the energy leave this team. When he put Hirschman in for a series and then put Webb back in you could feel the rest of energy leave the team. After that it was over. A coach can never lose faith with his team but Embree did that today...his handling of the QB situation is horrible. The team was going through the motions after that.

I have supported this staff but when the head coach goes out of his way to prove he is a total idiot - that is just too much.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

That about sums it up...

3. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Yeah, absolutely no reason Webb should have seen the field today.

For some reason, he's Embrees' binkie. Didn't he say we were going to see a QB change this week? There's no reason to see anyone but Wood the rest of the season barring injury.

4. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

This is pretty much the same thing I witnessed today. It seems like the defense came out playing with some pride and then once they saw the offense had packed it in, they followed suit in the 2nd quarter.

I believe many of the players keep looking at the coaches for adjustments and, you know, silly stuff like that. But they seem to only get yelling and ranting, hands on hips, and slamming of clipboards.

5. tsarbomba

tsarbomba One Damn Dirty Ape Club Member

I would rather have Maryland's QB situation.

6. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Did Crawley play?

7. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

Right there with you. Really tried to stick with these guys as long as I could, but for the love of Benji, I have to have something to work with. At this point I got nothing.

8. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Oh, it's not that bad. Stanford has been struggling all year on Offense and Embree & Co had to work very hard to make their first two QBs look like Heisman winners. Their 3rd String QB was terrible, though! Whew! His early insertion into the game assured CU Football fans that Embree was right - "We're too great a team to give up 50 points!"

Total Idiocy, as a matter of fact, is fairly rare.

It was disappointing that, for the second game in a row, the opponent called off the dogs at Halftime and were inserting team managers and scrub-ladies for the rest of the scrimmage. But our first-stringers looked fairly good against them. We even crossed midfield once! (OK OK - we then lost 20 yards - but the punts routinely crossed midfield! Embree's right - his program isn't SO bad.)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  9. cu2x

cu2x Club Member Club Member

very surprising that Webb started the game. Beyond reason or explanation that he put him back in

10. MINN-Buffalo

MINN-Buffalo Member

And have major be the QB?

11. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

I'd like to be talking about a bowl game right now. At 4-5, Maryland is.

12. NuggNinja

NuggNinja New Member

A freshman linebacker played QB for Maryland better than anyone on the CU roster.

I agree with the OP though, I think Embree's undying faith in Webb killed any belief in his competence as head coach.

13. buffalo30

buffalo30 Active Member

You are a long time Buff and have typically chosen your words carefully. I got the same feeling watching the game on TV.

14. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

i hate that it has come to this. i so wanted for these guys to succeed. but, wanting it doesn't make it so, like so many other things in life.

they simply have no clue as to how to scheme a college game on either side of the ball and no idea how to adjust and no idea on player personnel and no idea on momentum and psyche. all together, they are over their heads by a mile and cannot even see the surface. it is like watching family members **** themselves at the dinner table.

15. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

What's the deal with shearer? He has failed to develop any qb on the roster

16. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

No. He was "under the weather." :wink2:

17. DBT

Watching the players on the sideline was kind of depressing. No fire whatsoever. No emotion.

18. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

sure.

19. DBT

Believe me now or believe me later.

20. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

He has also lost the fanbase and any national respect. He just needs to lose the administration, and as amazing as it is, he is doing a good job.

21. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Been wondering the same thing. These kids can't be that bad. I'm beginning to lose faith in the position coaches too.

22. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

OMG ...

just read some new stuff over at Rivals that indicates Embree & Company are beyond losing the team- locker room divided, upset players... this Crawley 'thing' may just be the beginning- house must be cleaned ... replacing a few assistant coaches isn't going to do **** IMHO-

23. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

How can this be? AZ says the team is 100% behind Embree!!

24. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

I'll believe Donmac over AZ every day of the week.

25. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Not surprised. Kinda good IMO. It shows these kids want to win and aren't lemmings.

I'm wondering if some kids went to Bohn. The minute Crawley or other highly ranked kids start jumping ship, it's over. Bohn knows it, we all know it.

26. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Sadly, short of a massive defection, I don't think this would be the case. Decisions being made are political ones, not football ones.

27. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

Bohn used the "it's what's best for the players" reason when he canned Hawk, he may elect to do it again here.

28. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

The sad fact is MB has, I believe, virtually no say so whatsoever. He can decide if the contract wiht Pizza Hut will be renewed for concessions, or if they should go with Domino's, but anything that is of any real import, he has to run to Dr. Phil. It really is pathetic. I go back and forth between wanting to mock him and feeling sorry for him. I guess we know MB's price to be somebody's tool.

29. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

I don't think you give him enough credit. I'm sure he was the driving force behind getting the In-N-Out pre-game meal.

30. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

What I heard was he wanted Carl's Jr., but Dr. Phil loves him some In-N-Out.....