What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree: leaves open possibility of burning Malcolm Creer's redshirt

I am sure the coaches would prefer to have enough experienced depth to RS virtually everyone but with the lack of talent and the injuries they didn't have much choice.

With the combination of RS Freshmen and true Freshmen playing this year we are going to get stuck with a big class again in four years making us unbalanced again.

Thanks Hawk for leaving us in such great shape, good thing you didn't burn the program to the ground.

at this point who is still red-shirting and how many? Best I can gather is:
-harrington, clark, Cotner, Creer, Goodson, Mustoe, Spruce, Dorman

I think Cotner may have played. He was listed in the participation section of the stats sheet for the Udub game. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ......

In my mind, getting this thing rolling has everything to do with recruiting and young player development.

Those two points rely very little on CU winning 4-5 games vs. winning 1 game this year. The new staff always gets a bye in their first year as they are cleaning out the stink. Year two, we need to show progress or the recruits start to doubt. Year 3, you better be on the rise. In fact, sucking in year 1 makes year 2 and 3 look better and may be better off for Embree in the long run as far as rebuilding - given the pieces aren't in place to win no matter what the coaching is in year 2.

That's a tough order, but guys like Creer are part of next year if they can play now and show something. Saving their redshirt does little for the program. Our "powerful" offense will lose the starting RB, QB, FB, TE, WR, LG, RG - that's 7 starters. We got 6 games to start finding players now for the future.

Does anyone really think Embree is saving guys for 5 years from now? He doesn't get 5 years, he has 4. So does Creer.

In my mind, getting this thing rolling has everything to do with recruiting and young player development.

Those two points rely very little on CU winning 4-5 games vs. winning 1 game this year. The new staff always gets a bye in their first year as they are cleaning out the stink. Year two, we need to show progress or the recruits start to doubt. Year 3, you better be on the rise. In fact, sucking in year 1 makes year 2 and 3 look better and may be better off for Embree in the long run as far as rebuilding - given the pieces aren't in place to win no matter what the coaching is in year 2.

That's a tough order, but guys like Creer are part of next year if they can play now and show something. Saving their redshirt does little for the program. Our "powerful" offense will lose the starting RB, QB, FB, TE, WR, LG, RG - that's 7 starters. We got 6 games to start finding players now for the future.

Does anyone really think Embree is saving guys for 5 years from now? He doesn't get 5 years, he has 4. So does Creer.

Agree completely. Not sure if keeping them on the sidelines makes them better next year when we are going to need them and show some progress. Buffaholic is right on, we need to use the rest of the season to start to get guys ready to contribute from day 1 next year. This needs to be a 3 year plan of progress or this staff is going to have a hard time convincing anyone that they can get it done. If that means pulling redshirts, do it. To even out classes they may have to go the juco route but the staff is going to have show improvment next year and major improvement in year 3. Get guys experience now.

Agree completely. Not sure if keeping them on the sidelines makes them better next year when we are going to need them and show some progress. Buffaholic is right on, we need to use the rest of the season to start to get guys ready to contribute from day 1 next year. This needs to be a 3 year plan of progress or this staff is going to have a hard time convincing anyone that they can get it done. If that means pulling redshirts, do it. To even out classes they may have to go the juco route but the staff is going to have show improvment next year and major improvement in year 3. Get guys experience now.

+1 -- Also on a positive note it sounds like Nembot is doing well and they plan to keep him on O-line as per BDC Cabral article today.

Looks like he is gonna play per his twitter "My 1st game debut is on saturday vs Oregon. Tune in! Time to make a name for myself. "Respect is not given, It is EARNED" Go Buffs"

Back