1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embree moves up to #9

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Lt.Col.FrankSlade, Nov 13, 2012.

  1. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

    Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2005
    Messages:
    12,553
    Likes Received:
    207
    On coacheshotseat.com Embree has made his way up to #9.

    It should be noted that #5 on the list, Derek Dooley, has already been fired.
     
  2. buffedup

    buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2006
    Messages:
    7,592
    Likes Received:
    848
    Not officially he hasn't.

    Embree will move up fast with two home blowout losses.
     
  3. dio

    dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2007
    Messages:
    30,139
    Likes Received:
    2,564
    They must not follow cu football. Hos seat is barely warm

    Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
     
  4. buffsfan101

    buffsfan101 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2012
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Embree will be around next season guaranteed! Colorado wont just give him two years. They will let him fulfill his contract saying he needs time. Really, they just don't want to spend the money. The football program is not that important to them. Get used to crummy C.U. football.
     
  5. CUFan

    CUFan Welcome back Club Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2010
    Messages:
    6,964
    Likes Received:
    470
    Hope springs eternal? I like your positive outlook, even if potentially delusional.
     
  6. Ozbuff

    Ozbuff Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2011
    Messages:
    684
    Likes Received:
    9
    I was a big fan of the Embree hire at the time, but contrary to popular belief, he's toast after this season. I can't see him getting another year, regardless of what's in the press. It wouldn't be fair for Bohn and others to publicly suggest that Embree will be fired unless they're prepared to do so right away. Consequently, they can only offer support publicly for now.

    I'd say there's a 90% chance Embree and the entire staff get fired and a 10% chance Embree survives with Greg Brown and EB (and likely others) being let go.
     
  7. Duff Man

    Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Messages:
    39,761
    Likes Received:
    4,753
    Oz, those percentages should be flipped.
     
  8. Ozbuff

    Ozbuff Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2011
    Messages:
    684
    Likes Received:
    9
    You might be right. Guess we'll find out in two weeks. My main issue is that it's hard to know where the problems are. Is the defense terrible because of Brown or are the position coaches more at fault? In other words, assuming Embree is retained, how does he decide who to keep? Or will he need to clean house because new coordinators will want their own position coaches?
     
  9. JimmyBuff

    JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2005
    Messages:
    16,901
    Likes Received:
    227
    Yeah I don't see it. This has become a debacle. I think he's gone.
     
  10. Buffnik

    Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2009
    Messages:
    80,782
    Likes Received:
    16,502
    I think you can look at the resumes of this staff and have full confidence in us having excellent position coaches. What we lack is leadership, game plan coordination, and the ability to make in-game scheme adjustments.

    I don't think anyone questions whether Brown is a good DB Coach or whether Bieniemy is a good RB Coach or whether Embree is a good TE Coach. Their resumes speak for themselves.
     
  11. JimmyBuff

    JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2005
    Messages:
    16,901
    Likes Received:
    227
    I find it hard to believe there are 8 other coaches (well I guess 7 with Dooley out) that are higher than Embree on that list.
     
  12. Buffnik

    Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2009
    Messages:
    80,782
    Likes Received:
    16,502
    #1 Frank Spaziani: Year 4. 8-5, 7-6, 4-8, 2-8 (so far)
    #2 Jeff Tedford: Year 11. 2nd losing season in past 4. Kind of a victim of his own success, but it seems to have run its course.
    #3 Gen Chizik: Year 4. 2-8 (0-7) at a proud SEC program.
    #4 Randy Edsall: Year 2. 2-10, 4-6. Attendance has tanked and the AD's in financial difficulty. They need a winner.
    #5 Derek Dooley: Year 3. 6-7, 5-7, 4-6 (1-13 in SEC games last 2 seasons) at a proud SEC program. FIRED.
    #6 Kirk Ferentz: Year 14. 4-6 after 2 sub-par seasons. His contract probably saves him.
    #7 Ellis Johnson: Year 1. 0-10. Southern Miss had gone to 10 straight bowls and had 18 straight winning seasons. 12-2 last year.
    #8 Charlie Weis: Year 1. 1-9. Making $2 million a year for this?
    #9 Jon Embree: Year 2. 3-10, 1-9. Both offense and defense at bottom D1. Setting records for futility all season.
    #10 Danny Hope: Year 4. 5-7, 4-8, 7-6, 4-6 (1-5). Purdue was a darkhorse pick to win B1G Leaders with OSU & PSU ineligible.

    I can see why Embree isn't higher, especially if the CU management style is factored into the equation. I'm surprised to see Ferentz so high, though. I think Enos at C Michigan should be in the Top 10 over him. Enos took over a 12-2 team and has gone 3-9, 3-9, 4-6.
     
  13. BuffClass90

    BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2012
    Messages:
    3,905
    Likes Received:
    96
    If we get blown out 3 more times, I will make a bold prediction that nothing will happen. You heard it here first. :rolling_eyes:
     
  14. Quattro

    Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2010
    Messages:
    26,503
    Likes Received:
    761
    We're making a bowl game?
     

Share This Page