What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree moves up to #9

Lt.Col.FrankSlade

On coacheshotseat.com Embree has made his way up to #9.

It should be noted that #5 on the list, Derek Dooley, has already been fired.

They must not follow cu football. Hos seat is barely warm

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Embree will be around next season guaranteed! Colorado wont just give him two years. They will let him fulfill his contract saying he needs time. Really, they just don't want to spend the money. The football program is not that important to them. Get used to crummy C.U. football.

I was a big fan of the Embree hire at the time, but contrary to popular belief, he's toast after this season. I can't see him getting another year, regardless of what's in the press. It wouldn't be fair for Bohn and others to publicly suggest that Embree will be fired unless they're prepared to do so right away. Consequently, they can only offer support publicly for now.

I'd say there's a 90% chance Embree and the entire staff get fired and a 10% chance Embree survives with Greg Brown and EB (and likely others) being let go.

Oz, those percentages should be flipped.

You might be right. Guess we'll find out in two weeks. My main issue is that it's hard to know where the problems are. Is the defense terrible because of Brown or are the position coaches more at fault? In other words, assuming Embree is retained, how does he decide who to keep? Or will he need to clean house because new coordinators will want their own position coaches?

You might be right. Guess we'll find out in two weeks. My main issue is that it's hard to know where the problems are. Is the defense terrible because of Brown or are the position coaches more at fault? In other words, assuming Embree is retained, how does he decide who to keep? Or will he need to clean house because new coordinators will want their own position coaches?

I think you can look at the resumes of this staff and have full confidence in us having excellent position coaches. What we lack is leadership, game plan coordination, and the ability to make in-game scheme adjustments.

I don't think anyone questions whether Brown is a good DB Coach or whether Bieniemy is a good RB Coach or whether Embree is a good TE Coach. Their resumes speak for themselves.

I find it hard to believe there are 8 other coaches (well I guess 7 with Dooley out) that are higher than Embree on that list.

#1 Frank Spaziani: Year 4. 8-5, 7-6, 4-8, 2-8 (so far)
#2 Jeff Tedford: Year 11. 2nd losing season in past 4. Kind of a victim of his own success, but it seems to have run its course.
#3 Gen Chizik: Year 4. 2-8 (0-7) at a proud SEC program.
#4 Randy Edsall: Year 2. 2-10, 4-6. Attendance has tanked and the AD's in financial difficulty. They need a winner.
#5 Derek Dooley: Year 3. 6-7, 5-7, 4-6 (1-13 in SEC games last 2 seasons) at a proud SEC program. FIRED.
#6 Kirk Ferentz: Year 14. 4-6 after 2 sub-par seasons. His contract probably saves him.
#7 Ellis Johnson: Year 1. 0-10. Southern Miss had gone to 10 straight bowls and had 18 straight winning seasons. 12-2 last year.
#8 Charlie Weis: Year 1. 1-9. Making $2 million a year for this?
#9 Jon Embree: Year 2. 3-10, 1-9. Both offense and defense at bottom D1. Setting records for futility all season.
#10 Danny Hope: Year 4. 5-7, 4-8, 7-6, 4-6 (1-5). Purdue was a darkhorse pick to win B1G Leaders with OSU & PSU ineligible.

I can see why Embree isn't higher, especially if the CU management style is factored into the equation. I'm surprised to see Ferentz so high, though. I think Enos at C Michigan should be in the Top 10 over him. Enos took over a 12-2 team and has gone 3-9, 3-9, 4-6.

If we get blown out 3 more times, I will make a bold prediction that nothing will happen. You heard it here first. :rolling_eyes:

Back