1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embree noticed the lack of effort by some on the team today

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by JimmyBuff, Oct 29, 2011.

1. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Hope this also pertains to certain coaches who enjoy laughing it up after the game.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...rizona-state/2011/10/29/gIQANt77TM_story.html

2. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

All of hawk's recruits other than speedy and p-rich should sit. Greg brown is effing clueless. The so called super fans( the same super fans who thought hawk should get 5 years) are whining that you're too negative. Look sad man, show some positive vibes or else you'll be branded as a negative nancy. :lol: Greg brown sucks and i'm not too impressed with the te/ol coach. Don't worry, plenty of excuses to go around.

3. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Negative Nancy.

4. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

I don't see the problem. They've learned to be good losers. When they get different lessons, maybe they'll learn differently. The coach voluntarily accepted this job and he should be willing to coach any player that isn't "his" - the NCAA rules don't allow players to move like coaches can voluntarily move. If coaches can't teach, then that's a BIG issue. It's their choice, though. I think Embree is certainly taking us to the next level, and I have confidence we'll see more examples of his coaching prowess in these next few games. I had a feeling the Pac-12 would love us, even when we do get top SoCal RBs.

5. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Christ, because so many people around here were pushing for 5 years for Hawk...I can think of only one.

6. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

seriously... calm down mancy

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Who would you be referring to? :rolling_eyes:

8. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Seriously.....pot meet kettle.

9. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

This team is going to be mostly Sophmores and Freshmen next year. I think next year could be as ugly as this year, unfortunately.

10. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Getting rid of this group of seniors and the loser culture ingrained in them is a very good thing (along with the fact that most of them are simply horrible football players). Add in a more favorable OOC + another home game and a bye week, and we're probably looking at 3 wins as opposed to 1.

11. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

That would mean we're looking at going o fer in conference play, which won't happen.

12. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Don't you think it is a bit early to be penciling in victories for next season?

13. Quattro

Seriously? We play Fresno, FCS, and CSU. That's two likely three wins and we play at least six home games. We'll be much healthier and the majority of Hawkins players will be gone and we'll have a bye week. 5 wins is a reasonable expectation for next year, but we won't go o fer in conference play.

14. JimmyBuff

Didn't you have the buffs going bowling earlier this year?

15. Quattro

If everything went perfect I did but I said realistic it was going to be 3-4 wins.

16. JimmyBuff

We are going to win at Fresno? I seriously doubt that.

And depending on who the FCS team is, we can easily lose that game.

17. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Are you ****ing kidding me? Dude, if you learned nothing else from the last several seasons of cautious optimism: Don't count on this win drought being over until you see that it's over.

18. Quattro

You have got to be joking.

19. Duff Man

At this point, just about anything is possible. We may be graduating a lot of Hawkins players, but there are several positions that are up in the air. Plus we will be very young/inexperienced. I would like to think 4-5 wins is attainable, but do not see how it is a mere formality.

20. Quattro

You really think we're going to lose to ****ing CSU and an FCS team? Wow.

21. JimmyBuff

Dead serious. I live in reality and Fresno has won a lot more games than we have in the past 5 years.

And do you forget the montana state (loss) and eastern washington (barely won that one) games? FCS games aren't automatic wins if you are playing a decent team in that class

22. JimmyBuff

Yeah that's absurd to think that. Its not like we haven't lost to CSU or a FCS team in the last 5 years. Oh, oops.

23. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I think he's just talking about the number of chickens we might have when it's all over, compared to the number of eggs we started with.

24. Quattro

That was also a Dan Hawkins coached team, Jon Embree is a 180 degree turn from him and while we haven't won games, we've done a lot better in them than we would have if Hawkins was the coach.

25. Duff Man

Sure, that is exactly what I said.

Do I think we will lose to CSU or the FCS team? No. Beyond those games, I have trouble confidently picking a win. Sorry that sounds so dumb to you.

26. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Really, that's your argument.

27. Duff Man

This post makes my head hurt.

28. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

That would mean you're penciling in road wins already, which is ****ing hilarious.

29. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

As much as I would love to say it's going to be more next year, from what we know now 3 wins is a pretty fair prediction.

Our schedule will not be as tough as this years, we will have a bye week, we will have the FCS team along with CSU and Fresno OOC, there are some other PAC teams that aren't loaded with talent either.

At the same time we will still be very talent deficient. Almost all of our significant players will be sophmores and freshmen, and without the benfit of a RS year to develop. We will be ridiculously young, still smaller and slower overall than our opponents.

We should win the CSU game, they are worse than we are and will likely have a new coach and less talent than this year. Hawk taught us our lesson about FCS teams but that should be a win as well. Fresno is on the road and sad to say with their experience and 4-5 years of recruiting they are better than us right now.

That gives two wins OOC and somewhere along the line I think we pick up a win in conference making 3 wins.

Getting rid of the losing attitude of some of our seniors and some enthusiasm of youth we may win pick up another win someplace to give us 4, drink a lot of kool-aid and we can even hope for 5 but I wouldn't bet somebody elses money on it.

Three is reasonable, get another depletion at a key position like this year at DB and we may be looking at being a much better team and still only winning 2.

30. JimmyBuff

uh, we lost 2 winnable games at home and have been blown out in the last 5 games. Embree's philosophy is a 180 turn from Hawk but he hasn't shown anything that's good with his "coaching" yet.