What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree noticed the lack of effort by some on the team today

I'm gonna go ahead and just call out the offensive line... If you can't move the ball 1 foot forward when you have 1st and goal then you have no heart....2-3 yards okay but one foot give me a break. That was pathetic!

Lol at Handler getting curled up over himself on the QB sneak

I'm gonna go ahead and just call out the offensive line... If you can't move the ball 1 foot forward when you have 1st and goal then you have no heart....2-3 yards okay but one foot give me a break. That was pathetic!

And it hasn't been just once this year, it's been multiple times.

This. I would have liked to see maybe a quick slant or something but if you can't move the pile 6 inches, I don't know what you can call.

I know there were other threads, cuz I predicted 4 wins in one, but not this one. From this record:

NashBuff: 8-4 (wtf? <13), does allow for "unknowns" and 4-8 (like, we really suck was an unknown); later says 7 or bust
Daah: 5-8
Unleash Hell: 6-7 or 7-6 (should have been 8-4 last year); USC will be easier than Arizona
Mick Ronson: 6-7
SnowBuff: more lesbians (fail!)
UrbanaBuff: realistic 4-1 start
sweaty teets: 4-5 wins at most
buffedup: 7-6
Buffalo Brad: 6-7
Rugged: road trips will be fun (winnar!)
azbuff: "Five wins is realistic, six is optimistic and seven is borderline delusional"
Skidmark: 4 wins (taking away Portland State since it didn't materialze)
Goose: ASU not an automatic loss
Creatini: 7-5 (unusual childhood did not include math)
buffsyko: 7-6 with 3-1 OOC; "This new staff and team MUST have a winning season. "
OUBuff: 6-7
DesertDawg526: 3-7 wins
JimmyBuff: lucky to win 5

Funny because I wasn't the only one who had 12 games instead of 13 and that thread was back in December before the schedule was finalized.

I cannot ever remember seeing a team hit so hard by the injury bug. It sux.

It happens when your starters have to play every snap because of a lack of depth. Tired and strained muscles tear much easier. No matter who was coach this year, would have had a very difficult time with the talent we have.

The lack of effort by bench players is also disheartening. Not gonna be an easy job for JE

It happens when your starters have to play every snap because of a lack of depth. Tired and strained muscles tear much easier. No matter who was coach this year, would have had a very difficult time with the talent we have.

The lack of effort by bench players is also disheartening. Not gonna be an easy job for JE

It also happens when many of those same players shouldn't be playing full time because they have not developed yet to the level they are playing against. A lot of our players are smaller, slower, and weaker than the guys they are facing in addition to playing to much.

Funny because I wasn't the only one who had 12 games instead of 13 and that thread was back in December before the schedule was finalized.

Yeah there's definitely a more thorough one that took place over the summer. I'll dig around for it, but basically the "skeptics" had 4 or 5 wins, while the optimists had 7. A few had less than 4, but not sure anyone had 1-12, maybe one.

We aren't going to lose to an FCS team next year.

We would lose to some FCS teams right now, and we're not going to come out early next year with a bunch of freshmen and kick ass. We'll be lucky to have an identity established by late next season.

It also happens when many of those same players shouldn't be playing full time because they have not developed yet to the level they are playing against. A lot of our players are smaller, slower, and weaker than the guys they are facing in addition to playing to much.
It also happens when the other team hits us really, really hard.

I thought we could win a few games this year, but I think everyone realized we had a severe lack of depth so if we got hit by injuries we could be in a spot of trouble. We then proceeded to get the worst run of injuries in awhile and we're between a rock and a hard place.

As for next year, a lot depends on our OL on offense imo. If they can get their **** together and be worthwhile in the run game, we should be able to score some points. Defensively I think we're again going to suck because our DL is looking ****** next year and that's being optimistic. CB should be better, S will depend on Polk taking another step forward plus Washington figuring it out at SS. Not sure what to make of the LBers this year, DL play has been quite ****** so that makes the LBers job a lot harder.

ST seems to have progressed this year, so hopefully they continue getting better next year.

Schedule is better so that's a plus, but we're going to have pretty crappy depth all over again. Relying on true freshman is never a good thing. I don't want to put a # of wins out there on the off chance someone references this thread and makes me look retarded when we have 0 wins next year, but I'm expecting solid improvement next year. Not like it'll be all that hard after this year..

Yeah there's definitely a more thorough one that took place over the summer. I'll dig around for it, but basically the "skeptics" had 4 or 5 wins, while the optimists had 7. A few had less than 4, but not sure anyone had 1-12, maybe one.
I was optimistic if we could stay healthy, which we obviously haven't been able to.

We would lose to some FCS teams right now, and we're not going to come out early next year with a bunch of freshmen and kick ass. We'll be lucky to have an identity established by late next season.
We wouldn't get beat by an FCS team right now. We haven't looked good but we have played two top 10 teams, and five teams who have been ranked within the last two weeks in a row. We in no way should have lost to Cal or WSU but we haven't been playing patsies the past four, now five weeks.

That would be a good idea. Have a bunch of message board wannabe coaches start calling out players on the Internet.

Oh yeah, like how careful all have been to not talk about the overall lack of talent in Hawkins recruits in general or the fact that Miller's name has been repeatedly linked with lackadaisical efforts. Never seen that here on this board, we're above all that. :thumbsup: :lol:

Oh yeah, like how careful all have been to not talk about the overall lack of talent in Hawkins recruits in general or the fact that Miller's name has been repeatedly linked with lackadaisical efforts. Never seen that here on this board, we're above all that. :thumbsup: :lol:
I get it. I'm just not into calling kids out by name.

There's nothing wrong with being critical of a kid's performance on the field.
Not our job. It's the staff's job. Behind closed doors. We don't know enough and may wrongly call out players who don't deserve it. Only a few of us are experts, :lol:

Not our job. It's the staff's job. Behind closed doors. We don't know enough and may wrongly call out players who don't deserve it. Only a few of us are experts, :lol:

Please. It's a internet message board. What else are we supposed to talk about?

This thread makes me want to VOMIT!!! Buffs fans picking us to win no more than 3 games next year. One thing about college football, is every year is unique. Next year we will have a new QB for sure but that new QB could easily be a former highly ranked recruit that transferred here and has had this entire season to sit and watch and practice with the team. A QB can change everything for us. Look at Baylor, Look at Texas, where would Stanford be without Luck. If Wood isn't the guy, then the bluechip HS kid may be our guy. Point is, there will be a TON of change on this team next year. No way anyone can accurately predict next year's outcome.

My guess is most PAC schools next year will also be breaking in new QBs with 3 of them currently slated as first round picks in the draft, UCLA will probably be working on a regime change, and we get a much easier schedule. 6 or more wins is not out of the question. Just imagine if this team beat Cal this year. My guess is the season takes on a fairly different shape.

This thread makes me want to VOMIT!!! Buffs fans picking us to win no more than 3 games next year. One thing about college football, is every year is unique. Next year we will have a new QB for sure but that new QB could easily be a former highly ranked recruit that transferred here and has had this entire season to sit and watch and practice with the team. A QB can change everything for us. Look at Baylor, Look at Texas, where would Stanford be without Luck. If Wood isn't the guy, then the bluechip HS kid may be our guy. Point is, there will be a TON of change on this team next year. No way anyone can accurately predict next year's outcome.

My guess is most PAC schools next year will also be breaking in new QBs with 3 of them currently slated as first round picks in the draft, UCLA will probably be working on a regime change, and we get a much easier schedule. 6 or more wins is not out of the question. Just imagine if this team beat Cal this year. My guess is the season takes on a fairly different shape.

Have you watched a single game this year?

Back