What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree Q&A in the Post

Good, no more gold tipped tampon look...

used q-tip is more like it

UsedQ-tip.jpg

Last edited:
I'm with Sacky. CU tradition suggests black on gold at home except maybe - maybe - for something special. National championship was black on gold. Crowder era was black on gold. Salaam's Heisman - black on gold. Big 8 championships under Mac - black on gold. 100% of all CU all-Americans wore black on gold as their main home uni.

For me, growing up in Colorado, CU was and should be black on gold.

Black on black is a gimmick. We shouldn't need gimmicks. I hate it. Just go and play football. None of this garbage with the uniforms.

Home = Black jerseys, gold pants.
Away = White jerseys, black pants.

End of discussion.

THIS

rep sent

More than two positions in the bedroom, I argue there should be more than 2 uniform choices.

How very Oregon Duck-ish of you. Why not have a different uniform for every game while we're at it? So long as we're comparing this to what we can do in the bedroom, hell we could have a different jersey & scheme for both home and away games. Bowl games, practices, spring games, scrimmages, 7-7 drills in the summer...

When your basic uni is one of the best in the country, there's no reason to screw around with it.

When your mascot is a ****ing duck and your colors are reminiscent of an unhealthy discharge, then you need to screw around with it.

Eddie Crowder disaproves of black on black. I've never liked it. I never will like it. It looks like a high school outfit. It all started when Mac thought the team needed a boost for a game against Nebraska in 1987. We got our asses kicked in that game, but it didn't matter, the black on black kept coming back every year. Guh. It's a gimmick. We don't need gimmicks. I know I said that already, but it bears repeating.

Gold helmet, black jersey, gold pant, black shoes. Perfect balance.

so road unis should be gold helmet, white jersey, gold pant, white shoes?

How very Oregon Duck-ish of you. Why not have a different uniform for every game while we're at it? So long as we're comparing this to what we can do in the bedroom, hell we could have a different jersey & scheme for both home and away games. Bowl games, practices, spring games, scrimmages, 7-7 drills in the summer...

Hey now, just cause there are more than 2 options doesn't mean you choose a different position every time. Everyone has a favorite. Our favorite rocks. Doesn't mean you can't tie her up every now and again.

so road unis should be gold helmet, white jersey, gold pant, white shoes?

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but the black pants look better, so we can keep those.

Nobody wears white shoes anymore, either.

can we bring back the giant shoulder pads and make sure our jersey's are cut off just below the breastplate? And make sure that we have pads that loop onto the belt and hang out.

Embree just called me. I tried to talk to him but he kept interupting me and then hung up right when he was finished saying his thing. How rude!

I'm with Sacky. CU tradition suggests black on gold at home except maybe - maybe - for something special. National championship was black on gold. Crowder era was black on gold. Salaam's Heisman - black on gold. Big 8 championships under Mac - black on gold. 100% of all CU all-Americans wore black on gold as their main home uni.

For me, growing up in Colorado, CU was and should be black on gold.

I'm all for black and gold, but I can name at least 20 CU all-Americans that did'nt wear it.

I'm all for black and gold 90% of the home games. But every once in awhile I really like the black/black. I don't want to get all Oregon on it.

That's barfable. But it does serve to shoot Sacky's theory down.

It does nothing of the sort. My point is that we pick a scheme and stick with it. The black on black was a gimmick. We never had a gimmick for the road unis. As long as we're picking a scheme and sticking with it, let's pick the right scheme.

Back