What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree Staff

As one of the pro-Embree guys on this board, I'm pretty happy, especially about Steve Marshall. Our OL coaches have been pretty pedestrian since he left, and it has killed us. Walt Harris had a rough ride at Stanford, but he knows the west coast offense, and one place where a really experienced coach can be a plus is coaching QB's.

I said Embree could build a great staff, and I'd love to be right for a change. I'll support EB or Miles or whomever gets the gig, but I'll be very happy to have Jon Embree representing the University of Colorado as our new football coach.

And now that I've typed that, we will probably hire Rick Neuheisel back. And he'll install the wing-T.

yeah I don't get the Greg Brown love either. The defense sucked when he was here before as a position coach.

I remember the defense stepping up significantly last season (09) just about the same time that rumors were flying the Brown had essentially relieved collins of game-planning duties.

I'm not aware of what the real truth is there.

Dan Hawkin's sister's neighbor's teacher told me Bear Bryant is Embree's TE coach, but he couldn't confirm.

Wow...I know I'm kinda new here, but does EVERY coaching thread need a Bear Bryant joke? That **** is getting played. Hopefuly we name an HC soon, because much like Bear, these jokes are dead.

2 separate sources have told me that this is a done deal -- Embo as HC, with the staff listed by AZ. Apparently Embo was informed tonight. I know there's been a lot of BS going around, but I trust my sources. Look for announcement Friday, which will keep CU in the news cycle during "championship Saturday."

if that rumored staff is accurate, i'd actually be happy with hiring embree. bobby kennedy and eric bienemy on the same staff would lead to ridiculous recruiting classes. but the daily camera said bienemy's not coming if embree is headcoach

if that rumored staff is accurate, i'd actually be happy with hiring embree. bobby kennedy and eric bienemy on the same staff would lead to ridiculous recruiting classes. but the daily camera said bienemy's not coming if embree is headcoach
If Embree is the HC and brings EB, I have my doubts as to how long EB would stay here. I say 2 years.

If Embree is the HC and brings EB, I have my doubts as to how long EB would stay here. I say 2 years.

but at the same time, if the rest of that staff is accurate, i'd be confident that embree could replace EB with another amazing recruiter for an offensive coordinator. anyway i doubt that list is accurate anyway, how would embree be able to draw all those people to colorado many of which would be lateral moves or worse?

I think AZ and co were used to float Embree's name and gauge reaction of CU fans. Not working out, especially without EB.

but at the same time, if the rest of that staff is accurate, i'd be confident that embree could replace EB with another amazing recruiter for an offensive coordinator. anyway i doubt that list is accurate anyway, how would embree be able to draw all those people to colorado many of which would be lateral moves or worse?
I have my doubts on that rumored staff as well. But I am assuming including EB would placate the fans a bit only to see him leave which leaves us with a blah hire.

Or he doesn't show in the first place which gives us a huge blah hire. I am very unhappy with this hire. Maybe not Calhoun unhappy, but pretty damn close. You have Mac and EB to choose from and take Embree. I dont know. I think Bohn sealed his fate with CU. THere will be NO national attention with this hire. Cellar of the Pac12, here we come.

Back