What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree - "The Process"

Wes Brown, Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick, Taylor McNamara, Paul Thurston, Shane Callahan, Nick Davidson, Max Tuerk, Zach Hemmila, Morgan Breslin, Kyle Kelley, Luke Kaumatule, Seth Jacobs

Who wants those players?

and exactly why snow edited my post.

I am not saying that I wouldnt love to have those players on the roster at CU. I am just pointing out that you dont have to be loaded with that kind of talent to win football games if you have a good coach. Win football games and those recruits will come. I was just trying to point out to the new resident stanford fan that you cannot judge a coach solely on his ability to attract 4-5 star talent

Embree said he's running a pro-style offense. He is not Rich Rodriguez, Gene Chizick, or Chip Kelly. Uptempo is not his chosen strategy. He wants to run power, use the tight ends, and have a battering ram like Chris Brown. If that strategy does not work, we should hire a master of uptempo football and try the altitude strategy.

Embree said he's running a pro-style offense. He is not Rich Rodriguez, Gene Chizick, or Chip Kelly. Uptempo is not his chosen strategy. He wants to run power, use the tight ends, and have a battering ram like Chris Brown. If that strategy does not work, we should hire a master of uptempo football and try the altitude strategy.

what do you mean "we" kemosabe?

what do you mean "we" kemosabe?

I think he is referring to the buf at the end of his name. Indicating he is a buff fan.

I think he is full of **** and in a terrible disguise. He is a Tree hugger and his handle should be reworded to indicate his true allegiance.

Then we should lock him and flukes in a room with nothing but that giant axe of theirs and sit back and enjoy.

You misspelled Buff, cardinalbuf7. But that's not your biggest problem.

Is this a BYU fan pretending to be a Utah fan pretending to be a Cardinal fan pretending to be a buff fan but in reality it was all inside a dream by that guy that was in What's eating Gilbert Grape while the bus is slowly dropping off of a bridge and into the water?

this guy I know, let call him cardinalbuf7, was camping with three of his buddies a few years ago in the Sierras. Being no different than any four buddies who go camping they brought two cases of beer and what can only be described as ****-ton of weed. They spent the entire day drinking beer, playing frisbee golf, and fishing in the nearby stream. About an hour before dusk, one of cb7's friends decides they NEED to watch the sunset while baked, so they hiked about 45 minutes from their campsite and sat on a hillside and watched the sun go down while they got high. Maybe it was the beers or possibly the machoness, but none of the guys grabbed a light before they left camp so they had to walk back in the precipitately approaching absolute darkness of wilderness.

The guys start walking single file on what they can only assume is the right trail to get to camp, when cb7, who is in the rear of the convey starts a flat out run without warning. The three other guys in the group receive no warning, only cb7 who quickly passes each person, who in turn starts running out of fear. After a short all out sprint, all the guys slow down and ask what is happening, but all cb7 can say he just got spooked, but offers no specifics. The group returns to a single file convoy down the singletrack in what can only be considered pitch black, when the last person in the line takes off again because he didn't want to be dead last. Since neither person wants to be dead last an all out sprint ensues until the group suddenly finds themselves in the comfort of their camp, where they laugh at their stupidity and drink some more beers before settling into their sleeping bags for the night. The beer and weed prove to be too powerful an adversary against staying awake and the entire group was safe and asleep within minutes of returning to their tent.

In the middle of the night, the group wakes up to a rustling outside and see cardinalbuf7 with his penis caught in a small hole in a tree. He claims he was just peeing when it got stuck, but to this day the group has their suspicions.

so the nubs were so endearingly called sheep ****ers by us for years... can the cardinal now be referred to as tree ****ers?

I like both the Buffs and the Cardinal. Clearly, CU has some adjustments to make. I'm a big believer in being outside in the elements vs. being inside. Stanford does almost everything outside. I think that helps them.stay healthy. If CU did all the strength and conditioning outside in the mountains, they'd be tough as ****. How do you preach toughness but have indoor workouts when its cold? You have to question what Malcom Blacken is doing given all the injuries.

Every CU player should have to get a job at a factory in the summer. That teaches you what work is. Also, take away their playstations. Finally, hire bobby petrino. Jessica Dorell is running backs coach at 900k/year.

A reasonable assumption of "The Process" for CU football:

3. Winning on the field. This is not saying winning only matters after a couple years. It is saying that consistent winning may or may not happen overnight. If it does not happen right away, you do not veer from the plan.

Overall great post, but i think the bolded part above is the most important. It obviously matters what the plan is, but it as important that you believe in your plan and are willing to stay the course even when criticism rains down.

I like both the Buffs and the Cardinal. Clearly, CU has some adjustments to make. I'm a big believer in being outside in the elements vs. being inside. Stanford does almost everything outside. I think that helps them.stay healthy. If CU did all the strength and conditioning outside in the mountains, they'd be tough as ****. How do you preach toughness but have indoor workouts when its cold? You have to question what Malcom Blacken is doing given all the injuries.

Every CU player should have to get a job at a factory in the summer. That teaches you what work is. Also, take away their playstations. Finally, hire bobby petrino. Jessica Dorell is running backs coach at 900k/year.
I hear that altitude doesn't affect people when we're inside.

you didn't actually attend stanford, did you?

i'm good with this whole deductive reasoning thingy.

Overall great post, but i think the bolded part above is the most important. It obviously matters what the plan is, but it as important that you believe in your plan and are willing to stay the course even when criticism rains down.

Yep. Maintain the core principles and make minor tweaks along the way (i.e, replacing an assistant coach).

from my understanding, the way to get better is to not get a bowl game. players get injured during the bowl practices and that way they can spend more time in the weight room/studying the playbook to become better players for the next season. they key is to not win more than 5 games in any one year. when you do that, you will become a MNC contender in just a few short years.

if my understanding is correct.

what say you?

Hello, fans. Funny style of banter on this board. I cant help sticking my nose in.

They hired Embree for his swag, imo. He's got swag to spare. Many of us thought 4-star ballers would be flocking to Boulder. But it didnt happen. Two 4-star players in two years of recruiting, right? I believe Stanford has 15+ 4- or 5- star players in the last two cycles. 2 is not going to get the job done. Does he have the ralent to get over the hump before he gets fired?
What up, rook? Anyone, who has tried to sustain any success anywhere outside of religion employs a system. Everything else is a flash in the pan. Any questions? Take a look at Saban. I don't like him, but he's relentless at implementation.

What up, rook? Anyone, who has tried to sustain any success anywhere outside of religion employs a system. Everything else is a flash in the pan. Any questions? Take a look at Saban. I don't like him, but he's relentless at implementation.

You forgot to tell him to "have a blessed day." Flash in the pan Idot.

this is creepy-- are you stalking me??? i do, in fact, have 2 beers or so in me at this very moment! :rofl:
nah, it was an article I saw yesterday about how men with 2 beers in them were better at brain teaser type quizzes than when they were sober.

It goes without saying that every school would like to have the maximum number of the recruits who are considered the top level guys. Problem is that there aren't a lot of these guys to go around and they have plenty of options to pick from.

Recent history for CU has not given these kind of guys a lot to get excited about, recent history of Stanford has gotten their attention. Embree has the job of giving these guys something to pay attention to. Last year we won three games with a roster that had no business talentwise being in the PAC. Stanford only lost two games all year with a roster built by Harbaugh including a QB who will be the first pick in the NFL draft. Not surprising that Stanford finds it easier to get top recruits to pay attention to them.

Next step in the process is to see what happens when an improved (still weak but better) Buffs team wins 5-6 games. Watch if the Buffs get a bowl bid, even a minor bowl. You start seeing more top recruits willing to listen to what the Buffs have to say, willing to Camp in Boulder, to take OVs.

At the same time let a still solid Stanford team but one that has lost some significant difference making talent lose 4 games and all of the sudden the momentem isn't quite as strong. They still get the attention of top recruits but it isn't quite as automatic as is was.

Building real solid programs doesn't happen overnight if you do it right. Some schools can seem to turn things around overnight but those same schools tend to end up with sanctions soon enough after.

I don't know if Embree will be able to turn the Buffs into a Rose Bowl contender but he seems to be on the right track. At the same time history tells us that Stanford is a program that has brief burst of success but has never been able to sustain a long run of top level success. Cardinal fans are at a peak and should enjoy it but if I were a Stanford fan I wouldn't get to smug looking at the history of the program and the fact that the guy behind the success is now coaching in the NFL.

The guy behind the success at Stanford started with a couple losing seasons and very mediocre recruiting classes.

The guy behind the success at Stanford started with a couple losing seasons and very mediocre recruiting classes.
I was trying to get our newest BYU fan to figure that out on his own, but i guess every now and then its ok to dunk the horse into the well.

Pro-style team scan go up-tempo / no huddle. I highly advocate it. I believe it's part of what has made Tad Boyle's teams so good at home.

OK, so the general consensus is that:

Embree should be competing with USC already for recruits.

Embree should take CU to a bowl game this year.

Those are the board's expectations. Got it.

Back