What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree - "The Process"

Going back to the OP, I agree that we need to be patient with Embree, and he at least has a vision for what he wants to accomplish.

However one difference between our situation and the Rays, is that when Tampa encountered down times they were rewarded with higher draft picks. Being able to acquire talent like Crawford, Upton, Price, Longoria, etc. is what allowed their process to work in the long run.

For CU on the other hand, bumps in the road make it harder to acquire top talent. Right now most kids we recruit seem to believe (and I think the majority of fans agree) that the program is headed in the right direction. But what happens if we have another 3 win season? Hell, what if we don't even win 3? Recruiting gets even tougher. Does Embree start to lose that credibility with recruits that he's taking the program in the right direction?

Program needs to show progress this year. Even if it's not a bowl game, we need to win more than 3 and have one of the wins be a headline-making upset. What put Harbaugh's rebuild into high gear was the USC upset even though the results of that season weren't anything to write home about.

I want them to compete, yes show improvement. 62 TD given up on Defense last year is a lot.
themoreyouknow.jpg

Where

How can i use it?

Go to the upper right hand corner of the page. Click on the Log Out button then it will be much easier for all of us to ignore you as well.

And I suppose you are going to neg rep me again for this one.

Few teams can peak year in, year out. Most ride that sine wave. Stanford is still up now and should be for a few seasons. Harbaugh built that program. Embree spoke with harbaugh regarding his rebuilding process. The takeaway was don't recruit star ratings, recruit talented players that love football. Embree turning away a 4* last recruiting cycle is an indication that he is steadfast in his plan. Anyone expecting a one or two year turnaround is beyond ignorant. Cardinal enjoy these days, harbaugh is gone, his impact is fading, Cal is ready to have their bitch back.

Few teams can peak year in, year out. Most ride that sine wave. Stanford is still up now and should be for a few seasons. Harbaugh built that program. Embree spoke with harbaugh regarding his rebuilding process. The takeaway was don't recruit star ratings, recruit talented players that love football. Embree turning away a 4* last recruiting cycle is an indication that he is steadfast in his plan. Anyone expecting a one or two year turnaround is beyond ignorant. Cardinal enjoy these days, harbaugh is gone, his impact is fading, Cal is ready to have their bitch back.

Wouldn't go that far. Last time I checked they still had Tedford as coach.

[video=youtube;tybugI5CkIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tybugI5CkIs[/video]

Stanford has had burst of success over the years mixed in with long periods of mediocricy or worse. With Harbaugh gone along with Luck and a lot of the other guys who were part of the success it would be reasonable to expect a decline back to the bottom.

On the other hand it appears that Stanford is continuing to have success on the recruiting trail so they aren't going to be talentless anytime soon. Also the school appears to have decided they like winning. To this end they have put significant money into the program. More importantly they have made some other "adjustments" to accomidate athletics on an academic standpoint including being very "flexible" in admissions and adding individualized majors allowing athletes who are not as academically proficient to avoid almost anything that looks like a hard class and still maintain eligibility and even get a degree. Cal has done much the same but with less success.

I still expect Stanford to fall back but the drop will be slower than it has been in the past and they won't fall as far.

Back