What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree to make cuts after Spring

Mac cut scholarship players. It happens. My guess is Embo has 1-3 players in mind on scholly, perhaps quite a few WO's. It will be a cut for performance reasons and an additional reminder there is a new sheriff in town. I have no problem with it. This team has gotten softer every year under DII, drastic changes are in order IMO. If the guys on the roster aren't going to be on board with the Embo approach, better to part ways now for both parties.

Obviously these kids are in Embree's doghouse and aren't coming out. If I were any of these kids and I didn't respond well to the new staff I would be ready to move on. Who would want to spend the rest of their college career hating something you do everyday? I suspect, in the end, many of these decisions will end up being more mutual than currently portrayed.

As he said "It is a privilege to be a buffalo, not a right" Kids on the team have to understand simply showing up to practice won't cut it anymore. The top programs in the country don't have this issue. They cut people for not performing academically or on the field, not for not wanting to be there. That is something that needs to be cut out of this program immediately. I honestly expect this move to straighten some kids up, get some kids off the fence, and unite this team. Only true Buffs will get to play plain and simple. Being a Buff means you believe in the creed. Even if hawk painted it over, the meaning behind the words and actions to support it are finally back.

"The Pride and Tradition of the Colorado Buffaloes will not be Entrusted to the Timid or the Weak."

As he said "It is a privilege to be a buffalo, not a right" Kids on the team have to understand simply showing up to practice won't cut it anymore. The top programs in the country don't have this issue. They cut people for not performing academically or on the field, not for not wanting to be there. That is something that needs to be cut out of this program immediately. I honestly expect this move to straighten some kids up, get some kids off the fence, and unite this team. Only true Buffs will get to play plain and simple. Being a Buff means you believe in the creed. Even if hawk painted it over, the meaning behind the words and actions to support it are finally back.

"The Pride and Tradition of the Colorado Buffaloes will not be Entrusted to the Timid or the Weak."

A-****ing-men. I don't get the people on this board who act like it's a right instead of a privilege to get 4 years of education for free. A scholorship is a fee exchanged for services. If Embree dictates that the services are to be on time for team events and give appropriate effort and JE also gives offenders multiple chances for correcting shortcomings, I don't see how this can be blamed on anybody but the student-athlete himself. Whatever happened to personal accountability?

I doubt any of you would last very long at your job if you were showing up late and not putting in any effort. Rules is rules, as they say.

Welcome to ignore instigator!

Damn you TBDjr! I'm glad you can't read my very informative post.

On a more topical note, I was talking to a guy today who went through 3 coaching changes at KU, he said every time a new coach showed up, a handful of people were shown the door. (~15 players over 4 years) Said the team wasn't really mentally affected by losing the players.

OK, since he puts it that way........ J/K. I can buy into that. I think it is tougher and tougher, in this day and age, for coaches/educators to get their values across to 18 to 22 year old kids.

I love you DBT and also want to wish you well with your heart. You are in my thoughts on that. I think you are wrong on the "kids these days" thing though. You set expectations with specific compliance requirements. Then you enforce. That is how you have credibility and ensure that you maintain the order and discipline needed to succeed consitently. That has not changed over time.

You set expectations with specific compliance requirements. Then you enforce. That is how you have credibility and ensure that you maintain the order and discipline needed to succeed consitently. That has not changed over time.

This is true regardless of age group.

Back