What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree v Hawkins

Hawk at least was somewhat decent at home and still had us in contention for a bowl berth more than halfway through the season most of the time. Hawk>Embree

Hawkins was above .500 at home. Then again on has won as many road games a Dan did in 5 years, then again Jon has won 1 whole game at home.

I would submit that the 28 seniors were Hawkins' guys and had pretty much cashed it in. Remember, Embree was very pissed about the attitudes of the players he inherited.

Shouldnt the effort be better this year with those kids gone then? Doesnt it seem worse?

Yep - In 2008, We probably beat A&M or Nebraska with a healthy Rodney Stewart too.

Don´t forget the Ryan Miller injury

I actually thought we were on a good way and I blamed 2008 on injuries ... until the first half v CSU in 2009

Shouldnt the effort be better this year with those kids gone then? Doesnt it seem worse?
Exactly. You'll get no argument from me. I see no improvement from game to game. Now, I agree, we are in a stretch of games from hell and are probably pretty beaten up.

DBT, we´ve been through this before and you´re still not going anywhere with me with that argument.

Most people - me included - were willing to give him a pass for one season, but not two. Heck, several coaches in our conference and division are showing it´s very much possible to win in Year 1 with another coaches´ players right now.

When you say he lost 28 seniors you imply that last season´s team was better and they lost quite a bit, but the facts are we won 3 games last season and were blown out in 7 of our 10 losses. Last season´s team was experienced and senior heavy and sucked, this team is inexperienced and sucks. What is it?

This team is inexperienced but 50%+ of the players were recruited by Jon Embree and Hawk players are in the minority now.

When you use that argument you have to concede that we should have been doing VASTLY better in either 2011 or 2012. You can´t have it both ways. If we lost something, last season was unacceptable, if didn´t, the results are unacceptable.
What I'm implying is that we had 28 seniors last year, 8 this year and about 75 freshmen/sophomores. But I agree that we should be better than we are. Giveing up 40, 50, 60 points a game is beyond pathetic.

What I'm implying is that we had 28 seniors last year, 8 this year and about 75 freshmen/sophomores. But I agree that we should be better than we are. Giveing up 40, 50, 60 points a game is beyond pathetic.

Giving up 50 to USC or Oregon is no surprise, that is to be expected right now although it would have been 80 against USC if they wanted. Giving up 70 to Fresno is in no way acceptable.

It's funny that some of the posters bitching on this board about talent are the same ones who downplayed the PRich injury and Speedy graduating... but this staff is AMAZING at talent evaluation. Hmmm.

Here is Sports Illustrated's original take on the hire....

Jon Embree, Colorado

Grade: D

Cash-strapped CU, rejected by the likes of Mike Bellotti, decided to reconnect with its past by bringing in former star and assistant Embree, overlooking the fact he's never been even a college offensive coordinator. Nor has his new offensive coordinator, former Buffs star Eric Bienemy. Another CU great, new defensive line coach Kanavis McGhee, most recently coached at Gannon (Pa.) University. Good luck with that.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu....coaching.hires/content.11.html#ixzz29xk4upvj

you get what you pay for.

It's funny that some of the posters bitching on this board about talent are the same ones who downplayed the PRich injury and Speedy graduating... but this staff is AMAZING at talent evaluation. Hmmm.

People downplayed the Prich injury? Why would they do that?

People downplayed the Prich injury? Why would they do that?

We were going to suck with Prich anyway. If we do get a new coach hopefully we can get him a real WR coach too. Then again, people are expecting PRich to be a first rounder based off of one incredibly brilliant game against Cal. The guy's good, but even if he was in it's not like Webb could throw to him with his arm with this horrendous OL.

hehe. I remember someone saying our WR corps was better this year.

TJ was apparently better than Speedy too.

Hmm what else? Pretty sure some argued Webb would be an improvement over Hansen/Cody.

Oh yeah, the defense just had to be better than last year. I mean really, we're doing worse than last year, and last year we were using WRs and RBs as DBs.

Giving up 50 to USC or Oregon is no surprise, that is to be expected right now although it would have been 80 against USC if they wanted. Giving up 70 to Fresno is in no way acceptable.
Not to mention losing to csu and sac st.

Somehow we found another coaching staff worse than D2 and his crew. We are the best of the best at losing. :sad1:

Embree has me missing the Hawkins teams. At least we were close enough to mediocre to get passionately angry over the coaching errors that were costing us 1-3 wins a year and keeping us out of bowl games. We're a long way from reaching that bar under Embree.

Back