What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree

the season isn't over last I looked at the schedule-
Buffs still will get their chances at Wazzu, Zona as well as ASU and UCLA in Folsom-
they won't beat them if they play like they did today but have to hope we see changes for the good-
ASU put up 63 and UCLA put up 49. I'm not sure we could put up numbers like that if there was no opposing defense on the field...that's what I'm scared of. As for Zona, they seem a little fast compared to our team speed.

All that being said, I'm an eternal optimist. For some reason, I totally black out what happened the week before and all of sudden I think we can beat what ever team we are playing "this" week.

ASU put up 63 and UCLA put up 49. I'm not sure we could put up numbers like that if there was no opposing defense on the field...that's what I'm scared of. As for Zona, they seem a little fast compared to our team speed.

All that being said, I'm an eternal optimist. For some reason, I totally black out what happened the week before and all of sudden I think we can beat what ever team we are playing "this" week.
I really need to score some of the **** y'all are into.

Season over.

Allbuffs in full meltdown after a loss to CSU? Imagine that. Admittedly, that was a awful performance, but let's see what happens at least for the rest of this season. Tony Jones needs to step up. The O-line looks weak yet again, but he hesitated at times instead of bursting through the hole. Also, we need to involve Gerald Thomas more. Seems like the only offensive player with speed. That was a very discouraging loss so I hope to see a vast improvement, and soon!

Allbuffs in full meltdown after a loss to CSU? Imagine that. Admittedly, that was a awful performance, but let's see what happens at least for the rest of this season. Tony Jones needs to step up. The O-line looks weak yet again, but he hesitated at times instead of bursting through the hole. Also, we need to involve Gerald Thomas more. Seems like the only offensive player with speed. That was a very discouraging loss so I hope to see a vast improvement, and soon!
Nice sentiment. That and nostalgia will get you the 2012 Buffs.

The Buffs don't have a quality Pac12 running back. EB I thought was a good recruiter for running backs

This was the kind of game that exposed Embree as a fraud. Just as the 2009 CSU game exposed Hawkins as a fraud. There is no excuse for losing to CSU. None. The only reason that can be offered is that Embree just doesn't know what he's doing. The team was not properly prepared. It was not properly motivated. They made a lot of mistakes that they had no business making (honestly, 4th and goal from the 1 and Powell is sitting on the sideline? WTF?) Just like it was obvious that Hawkins was a disaster in 2009, we now know that Embree is unable to to the job. I've given up all hope for the season at this point. I'm looking forward to basketball season. The clock is now ticking on Embree. Knowing how this administration works, he'll get through this year and probably next before a change is made. That's what we have to look forward to - another 23 games of this. Start thinking about who we want as our next coach. Embree isn't the guy.

For those talking about the lack of talent, I do not disagree.

But then I also wonder if we are actually getting any better at most positions. Running back looks worse right now than it did the last couple years. Wide receiver has had some tough breaks, but not sure we are getting much better there. The offensive line was atrocious today, but I am supposed to feel good that the same OL coach is helping to recruit several suspect prospects in this recruiting class? So how much better are really getting on offense as we move forward?

This was the kind of game that exposed Embree as a fraud. Just as the 2009 CSU game exposed Hawkins as a fraud. There is no excuse for losing to CSU. None. The only reason that can be offered is that Embree just doesn't know what he's doing. The team was not properly prepared. It was not properly motivated. They made a lot of mistakes that they had no business making (honestly, 4th and goal from the 1 and Powell is sitting on the sideline? WTF?) Just like it was obvious that Hawkins was a disaster in 2009, we now know that Embree is unable to to the job. I've given up all hope for the season at this point. I'm looking forward to basketball season. The clock is now ticking on Embree. Knowing how this administration works, he'll get through this year and probably next before a change is made. That's what we have to look forward to - another 23 games of this. Start thinking about who we want as our next coach. Embree isn't the guy.
Egads! Agree with sackman! :)

But then I also wonder if we are actually getting any better at most positions. Running back looks worse right now than it did the last couple years. Wide receiver has had some tough breaks, but not sure we are getting much better there. The offensive line was atrocious today, but I am supposed to feel good that the same OL coach is helping to recruit several suspect prospects in this recruiting class? So how much better are really getting on offense as we move forward?

:yeahthat:

Last years recruiting class was fine, for the most part. But this years class is Hawkinsesque.

This game was way too eerily reminisent of 2009.

Right now, this hire just reminds me of Wazzou and Paul Wulff. I posted elsewhere that I hope I'm wrong, but this was just ugly

This game was way too eerily reminisent of 2009.

Right now, this hire just reminds me of Wazzou and Paul Wulff. I posted elsewhere that I hope I'm wrong, but this was just ugly

Wulff is the name that has been going through my head all day today

You would know better than me since you follow recruiting but I look at this team and I don't see a team that's better than CSU. Nobody jumps out on the screen, just a bunch of guys playing. The offensive line and the running back position is just terrible

You would know better than me since you follow recruiting but I look at this team and I don't see a team that's better than CSU. Nobody jumps out on the screen, just a bunch of guys playing. The offensive line and the running back position is just terrible

I ask myself this question almost every year when we play CSU. We consistently recruit a tier above them, yet we always looks equal or worse.

This is a CSU team that may only win 3 more games the rest of the season.

This was the kind of game that exposed Embree as a fraud. Just as the 2009 CSU game exposed Hawkins as a fraud. .

Buffs were a caught punt away from going in up 14-3 at half. CSU was up like 17-0 at halftime in 2009 if my memory serves right. No similarity whatsoever to this game.

I ask myself this question almost every year when we play CSU. We consistently recruit a tier above them, yet we always looks equal or worse.

This is a CSU team that may only win 3 more games the rest of the season.

last year we recruited a tier above him. The two years before I'm not so sure

Sadly, I totally agree with you. If our Prez has any vision for a top caliber football program, he lets Bohn know who lets "Embo" know that both of their asses are on the line.

Really not sure.

I do know the system they want to run on offense and the recruits they are bringing in do not necessarily match up. How you can believe Tony Jones is going to work as the workhorse starter in a physical ground game is a little head-scratching.

Buffs were a caught punt away from going in up 14-3 at half. CSU was up like 17-0 at halftime in 2009 if my memory serves right. No similarity whatsoever to this game.

Except the final score: 23-17 and 22-17, and CU failing miserably while trying to score a winning TD at the end. But yeah, different games for the most part other than similarities with completely inept offenses.

What do we, as fans, do? We are getting circle jerked by CU. We love the Buffs. We want to support them. We love the kids and don't want to bash them. But how can you support this piece of garbage program? What the hell do we do? We have no, zero, zip, nada, say in what is going on here. Embree looked totally at a loss today. He was, like, "Umm, duh, WTF?" MOTHER ****ER! I'M STARTING TO GET PISSED!!!!

I feel like the Bohn's, Plati's, Benson's of the world look at us fans as, like, a bunch of nimrods. Morons. Douches. Idots. Like cattle who just walk to the salt block and lick it.

What do we, as fans, do? We are getting circle jerked by CU. We love the Buffs. We want to support them. We love the kids and don't want to bash them. But how can you support this piece of garbage program? What the hell do we do? We have no, zero, zip, nada, say in what is going on here. Embree looked totally at a loss today. He was, like, "Umm, duh, WTF?" MOTHER ****ER! I'M STARTING TO GET PISSED!!!!
The trick is to care as much as the administration.

Probably? more like definitely ....
even then don't be surprised if he gets three more years-

CU should have fired Hawk the end of 2009 and hired McElwain...sigh

Wait, are you suggesting we were "a couple plays away" from winning this game?

Good coaches beat teams they're supposed to beat. They win more than half of their toss-up games, and find a way to spring an upset over a more talented team from time to time. The thing is - THEY ALWAYS BEAT THE TEAMS THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BEAT. Always. There is no excuse for what happened today. I don't want to hear we were a caught punt away from going into halftime up 14-3. I don't give a damn. We lost the effing football game. That's what matters.

Wait, are you suggesting we were "a couple plays away" from winning this game?

Good coaches beat teams they're supposed to beat. They win more than half of their toss-up games, and find a way to spring an upset over a more talented team from time to time. The thing is - THEY ALWAYS BEAT THE TEAMS THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BEAT. Always. There is no excuse for what happened today. I don't want to hear we were a caught punt away from going into halftime up 14-3. I don't give a damn. We lost the effing football game. That's what matters.

Upsetness returned. And agreed.

I feel like the Bohn's, Plati's, Benson's of the world look at us fans as, like, a bunch of nimrods. Morons. Douches. Idots. Like cattle who just walk to the salt block and lick it.
Meanwhile these assholes are destroying this program. **** them and **** what they think.

Back