What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree

Probably? more like definitely ....
even then don't be surprised if he gets three more years-

CU should have fired Hawk the end of 2009 and hired McElwain...sigh

But a big difference today. Hawkins still had 3 years left on his contract at the end of the 2009 season, and was owed MILLIONS of $$ on his contract. Firing him at the end of 2009 would have cost $1+ million MORE than it did when he was fired in 2010 and it STILL cost millions.

Fire Embree tonight and CU only pays him $500,000.

But a big difference today. Hawkins still had 3 years left on his contract at the end of the 2009 season, and was owed MILLIONS of $$ on his contract. Firing him at the end of 2009 would have cost $1+ million MORE than it did when he was fired in 2010 and it STILL cost millions.

Fire Embree tonight and CU only pays him $500,000.

not happening until Dec 2013 at the earliest-

Wait, are you suggesting we were "a couple plays away" from winning this game?

Good coaches beat teams they're supposed to beat. They win more than half of their toss-up games, and find a way to spring an upset over a more talented team from time to time. The thing is - THEY ALWAYS BEAT THE TEAMS THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BEAT. Always. There is no excuse for what happened today. I don't want to hear we were a caught punt away from going into halftime up 14-3. I don't give a damn. We lost the effing football game. That's what matters.

Well the final score was 22-17 and we had the ball at the end of the game. To me that says we were a couple plays away from winning the game.

Well the final score was 22-17 and we had the ball at the end of the game. To me that says we were a couple plays away from winning the game.
tumblr_m276o2tKBH1r3myx9.gif

I think you're right. I certainly think the season should play out before any coaching changes (asst's included) are seriously considered.

didn't CU start 1986 0-4 before they beat Nebraska 20-10 ?
certainly don't see a team that has that kind of talent that Mac was finally getting but yes... need to see how the year plays out
but do hope that if CU starts the season 1-4 we see what Wood can do-

A smart coach recognizes with 30 seconds left til haltime when the opponent is punting from midfield and his team is up 14-3 and totally controlling the game that there is nothing good that will come out of fielding the punt at your own 15. Let them punt it, don't put a guy back there and go to halftime. Game over. We win 24-6

A smart coach recognizes with 30 seconds left til haltime when the opponent is punting from midfield and his team is up 14-3 and totally controlling the game that there is nothing good that will come out of fielding the punt at your own 15. Let them punt it, don't put a guy back there and go to halftime. Game over. We win 24-6

And I have been a HUGE Embree fan. Today showed me something I didn't like. 4-5 very questionable coaching decisions that when all is said and done cost us the game

Man. He had three weeks to recruit his first class. His 2nd class looks pretty good. The cupboard was completely bare.This was a bad, ugly loss, but come on. These guys are reallu young.

Embree got a 4 year contract right? How it should go is Embree gets 2 years, no questions asked whatever happens happens... Year 3 you are at the point where you have to either extend him or cut ties and if there is not a winning record then you gotta fire him and bite the bullet on that 4th year.

Now that is how it should go and usually does at most schools... Last time we had this situation though CU extended Hawkins because he got to that bowl game against Bama and that ended up hurting BIG TIME.

I am still on board, but if they want to restore any faith, next week must be a blowout and we must look good doing it. Then you have to win one of the next two road games. If you show up against UCLA with a 1-3 record and lose that one... Well lets just say most will have lost hope at that time and some bad momentum has begun to take you to a bad place in the football world.

Enough with the bare cupboard. We had several NFL players on our roster last year and won 3 games. Today we had more talent than csu but no heart.

Man. He had three weeks to recruit his first class. His 2nd class looks pretty good. The cupboard was completely bare.This was a bad, ugly loss, but come on. These guys are reallu young.
Agreed but two different topics. The team is young but the coaching is horrendous. These coaches must go at the end of the season because I don't see too many more wins this season.

The game today had very little to do with talent and everything to do with coaching, preparation, and execution.

Or DD Goodson can catch a punt.

Enough with the bare cupboard. We had several NFL players on our roster last year and won 3 games. Today we had more talent than csu but no heart.

several? We had Miller and Clemons. It takes more than 2 guys to win in football

You hit it. No heart at all. Not sure how Embree let's this happen, but this team better find a heart by next week.

That is some Monday morning quarterbacking if I have ever seen it. I am sure it has happened before but in this situation there will be a guy back there fielding the punt 95 times out of a 100 across college football. I was at the game but if I recall correctly, #21 was at about the 5 yd line and once the ball was kicked he ran to at least the 25 or so to try and field it. Have you ever tried to catch a ball like that on a flat out sprint? Special Teams coach needs to tell these guys you don't try and catch it like that. If you have to do more than walk or jog 5 or 10 yards that ball is not for you unless it bounces right to you somehow.

That one is not all coaching there, players have to know their role too.

That is some Monday morning quarterbacking if I have ever seen it. I am sure it has happened before but in this situation there will be a guy back there fielding the punt 95 times out of a 100 across college football. I was at the game but if I recall correctly, #21 was at about the 5 yd line and once the ball was kicked he ran to at least the 25 or so to try and field it. Have you ever tried to catch a ball like that on a flat out sprint? Special Teams coach needs to tell these guys you don't try and catch it like that. If you have to do more than walk or jog 5 or 10 yards that ball is not for you unless it bounces right to you somehow.

That one is not all coaching there, players have to know their role too.

Why the hell was he running around trying to catch the ball in that situation? Let it bounce. If you get pinned down at the 5, take a knee and the half ends. You shouldn't be sitting back trusting that a guy who hasn't returned a collegiate punt knows that. You COACH him to not take any chances with the ball at that point. Literally the only bad thing that could happen the rest of the half was a fumbled punt. How can you not coach the players to take that risk out of the equation?

Why the hell was he running around trying to catch the ball in that situation? Let it bounce. If you get pinned down at the 5, take a knee and the half ends. You shouldn't be sitting back trusting that a guy who hasn't returned a collegiate punt knows that. You COACH him to not take any chances with the ball at that point. Literally the only bad thing that could happen the rest of the half was a fumbled punt. How can you not coach the players to take that risk out of the equation?

That is the thing... The way he ran up in full sprint to try and catch it you could see the drop happening before it happened. I am sure the coaches have told them this. I have never returned a punt in college football but I know after discussing all the rules that apply to playing the special teams position, they have to tell them that fielding a punt like that is a disaster. You can only tell a guy in so many ways before you expect that he heard you.

What do we, as fans, do? We are getting circle jerked by CU. We love the Buffs. We want to support them. We love the kids and don't want to bash them. But how can you support this piece of garbage program? What the hell do we do? We have no, zero, zip, nada, say in what is going on here. Embree looked totally at a loss today. He was, like, "Umm, duh, WTF?" MOTHER ****ER! I'M STARTING TO GET PISSED!!!!

I'm not going to buy season tickets next year

I refuse to be treated like an atm by an admin that has no desire to win at the highest level. I will leave that to Rockies fans.

Embree doesnt field punts, that single play ****ed up the whole game. Should he have sent someone back? Probably not. Id have no problem with firing his ass tho. Ive actually been donating to this U, not alot what I can afford. What I saw today wasnt CU, im wondering why I give money I work for to a U that doesnt care? I guess the answer is, I do. You arent much of a fan if u cant stick with your squad when they are the weakest. Gotta stick with them fellas, they need it.

Embree doesnt field punts, that single play ****ed up the whole game. Should he have sent someone back? Probably not. Id have no problem with firing his ass tho. Ive actually been donating to this U, not alot what I can afford. What I saw today wasnt CU, im wondering why I give money I work for to a U that doesnt care? I guess the answer is, I do. You arent much of a fan if u cant stick with your squad when they are the weakest. Gotta stick with them fellas, they need it.

Embree's focused on national championships, not state championships. Give him 6 or 10 more years and he'll be able to recruit his own players, after all. You can't expect him to coach any ol' player, do you?!! NO. Give him time.

Besides, we've lost to CSU before. Think of all those Hawkins losses, and our seasons were pretty spectacular even with losing to one of the worst programs in the history of college football. Embree needs time to take us to that next level.

Back