1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embree

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Ozbuff, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

I know it's like beating a dead horse at this point, but I finally got around to watching clips of the Embree press conference and it wasn't all negative or sour grapes as many on here are suggesting. He could have handled it more gracefully, but some of the vitriol on here is entirely unwarranted. I'm also convinced that he'll stress to the players the importance of CU football and encourage them to stay.

2. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Thank you for starting a new thread!

3. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is proclaiming that Embree was full of vitriol or sour grapes during his press conference.

It is the 10 hours of radio that he did afterward where he repeatedly bagged on the athletic department that everyone saw the vitriol and sour grapes.

4. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Fact: Embree was given a ****** hand and virutally no resources to work with in a rebuilding project that required a few years and recruiting classes to get CU back to prominence. He was motivated like no other, worked his butt off, and had a wonderful vision.

Perhaps there is a world where he comes back next year and actually gets the team to a bowl game. The reality of the situation is that there was absolutely NO sign of improvement. The staff made a late realization that the model they were going for simply didn't work, and they were about to jump into uncharted territory (for themselves anyway.)

Combine that uncertainty and risk with the fact that we may have another throwaway recruiting class means a change simply had to be made. It isn't even about the potential for Embree to be a great coach, it is about keeping the program afloat without taking another dip as large as the one during the last couple years of Hawkins' tenure.

It sucks so bad because we all wanted him to succeed more than anyone else out there, but for anyone to think another year would be good for CU football is delusional.

5. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

:wtf:

6. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

WATER!!!!!!! WATER!!!!!

My kingdom for a ****ing bottle of WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

:dead-horse-fast2:

8. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

fact:

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

In hindsight, Embree's exact quotes weren't all that bad. It seems he was being goaded a bit by his supporters. Whether he was part of setting it up to be that way, I don't know.

But I'm ready to move on. I think pretty much everyone is.

Time to unite behind a vision for the future of the program that includes a new level of commitment from CU and whomever our new coach may be.

10. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

:pissed2: