What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree's recruiting

I think that the staff realistically understands this is a process. The fact that they have gotten these early commitments from guys they obviously want is encouraging. Some positions don't necessarily require 5 star guys. Attitude and coaching is key. Grading Embo is in February. Wins = recruits. I will be very surprised if we whiff on all the elite players we are on with some success this season. There is momentum building here. Gotta walk before you run.

a lot of kids committing without visiting.

I'm in sales and I never understood Hawkins wanting to have a kid visit and meet in person for letting a kid commit. I can see if you want to check out the kid and make sure he's ok, but it always seemed more about making sure the kid wanted to be here.

It's sales 101. You take the commit asap. Once a kid commits, it's a lot harder for most people to change their minds. Some of these kids are committing prematurely, but that's great.

a lot of kids committing without visiting.

I'm in sales and I never understood Hawkins wanting to have a kid visit and meet in person for letting a kid commit. I can see if you want to check out the kid and make sure he's ok, but it always seemed more about making sure the kid wanted to be here.

It's sales 101. You take the commit asap. Once a kid commits, it's a lot harder for most people to change their minds. Some of these kids are committing prematurely, but that's great.

Yeah i am in sales too, i dont hire people i havent met.

I am really liking what I'm seeing so far, consistently solid recruits. No homeruns in the 5-star sense, but all very solid looking kids. One thing I can't tell that I think some of you gurus are tracking is speed. Any word on if we are getting quicker for the PAC-10?

We're definitely getting faster. The CBs we brought in for 2011 can all fly. The WRs are faster than what much of what we have (Espy, Cefalo, Darden), but while there is some true speed -especially with the slot types- the premium is more on big, physical WRs. Likewise, with the RBs the focus has been more on guys with short area quickness and the ability to run between the tackles instead of the B-Lock and D-Scott types who you saw busting a lot of their HS runs by bouncing outside. Different philosophy and we're recruiting to it. We have gotten faster, but more importantly, we've gotten more physical. CU is on the road to beating teams up again.

I want to go back to the days when I consistently saw references to the Buffs in the Dallas/Ft Worth newspapers, and how we are kicking ass in stealing recruits and winning games. Jon seems well on his way.....

We are back in Texas big time, which is a must for Colorado. We still have a good presence in California, and that will just improve with us being on the West Coast 6 times a year. We seem to be having the most problem at home, but those players are also the ones that know just how bad the Hawkins era was for CU. I expect us to get all the primetime Colorado kids for years and years to come.

I remember the first year I was on here and just lurking, it was these types of threads that really did it for me. People kept posting threads with titles "Only 2 commits so far". What was funny was that BB would get annoyed as hell and that year there ended up being a commit soon after each one. There was some great reverse mojo working, I was laughing my ass off reading them, and that series of threads was probably what made me join AllBuffs.

uh...

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/59413-12-TX-WR-Peyton-Williams-(Verbal-to-Colorado)

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/59549-12-CA-DT-Justin-Solis-(Verbal-to-Colorado)

:lol:

Brock Berglund (after UCLA refused his attempt to commit).

Hmm, none of those Berglund family press releases contained that news, he just said that he prefered CU and that later after Embree dumped him it was that he just prefered KU. But I guess that when you claim to be part Peyton Manning, part Tim Tebow, and part Michael Vick you don't want people knowing that schools didn't want you.

BTW, Brock is reportedly now back in Lawerence.

Ok, so I just started laughing when I just came on. The staff is killing it in Texas, not to mention the fact that we have a solid number of good commits in July. It is easy to forget that a HUGE reason, if not the primary reason, we brought on the Embree/Bieniemy package was because of their known ability to own the recruiting trail.

Ok, so I just started laughing when I just came on. The staff is killing it in Texas, not to mention the fact that we have a solid number of good commits in July. It is easy to forget that a HUGE reason, if not the primary reason, we brought on the Embree/Bieniemy package was because of their known ability to own the recruiting trail.

Nothing is ever known.....so, the recent recruiting victories feel really swell....

KILLING IT in tejas.

i did not expect that, out of the gate.

kanavis and bobby kennedy FTMFW.

if we can just get to a bowl game this next year, with that murderous schedule, we're going to knock down a class like the old days.

i am stoked.

:woot:

KILLING IT in tejas.

if we can just get to a bowl game this next year, with that murderous schedule, we're going to knock down a class like the old days.

i am stoked.

If you're stoked, I'm jazzed and I am also jones'en for another commit

KILLING IT in tejas.

i am stoked.

This. If we can somehow, someway get to seven wins this year, it will be the tipping point. We gotta get to seven.

This. If we can somehow, someway get to seven wins this year, it will be the tipping point. We gotta get to seven.
7 is very doable if we can stay healthy. Starting the season 3-1 is going to be a must though.

7 is the must get to point, but I still see 8 as a realistic goal. But like the hot blonde said, 3-1 is a must, if we dont get there its going to be tough.

Back