What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Encouraged by the play of Freshman

Gary Indiana

Club Member
Club Member
In my opinion the Buffs are starting to turn things around. Sure we were smoked by the Bruins yesterday but I was very impressed with the growth from game 1 to yesterday by many of the young guys, particularly Crawley. The first 3 games of the year Crawley was getting exposed on nearly every play, yesterday he was stride for stride with his receiver and knocked down a couple of balls. I know this isn't the progress most people on these boards are looking for but there's no skipping steps. Our guys are not going to go from playing against High School kids last year to dominating college athletes in a BCS conference, there is a learning curve.
Kasa is getting more and more impressive while learning the TE position and could be a serious offensive threat down the line. Minus the one INT, which was a poor decision, I thought Webb did well at QB again. P-Rich is the teams only deep threat and with him on the sidelines we are left with a dink and dunk pass game but Webb is doing well to manage that. My only critique, for what it's worth, would be the inability to establish a running game. Perhaps slowing the tempo down and keeping our defense off the field by running the ball more could establish the deeper ball more effectively. Teams are not worried about the run against us and key in on our receivers. All in all though I liked the maturation of the young guys and hope it continues against ASU at home.

We have some good freshmen, but not nearly enough. We're not closing the gap on other teams in the conference. More experience next season is not going to make a difference against UCLA a year from now.

I just can't help but wonder.....what is Alex Gibbs doing? Any retired OL coaches out there...NFL or NCAA, that could come in and make this line nastier? I think with the line playing better we could still win two or three games. Marshall is NOT getting it done.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I think UCLA started three Freshman on their O-line...For those of you who may know, aside from size and quickness what is the x factor that makes one lineman better than another one?

I think UCLA started three Freshman on their O-line...For those of you who may know, aside from size and quickness what is the x factor that makes one lineman better than another one?

Form, smarts, communication, toughness (physical and mental) and long hair with a beard...

Back