1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

end of 89 game

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2005
  2. 89BuffsBest

89BuffsBest New Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I have great memories from this game. Back then you could buy student guest tickets for $5. We slept out to get them and then sold them for $300 to Nebraska fans and had a hell of a party that weekend. I remember it was really close to Halloween and they were #2 and we were #3, both undefeated. Awesome setting. Only time I recall storming the field during that period of great CU teams.

As you can see from my screen name, I'm biased toward this class. One of the great college football teams of all time - dominated all but 1 half of football that whole year. Unfortunately, that happened to be when it counted most against Notre Dame in the NC game. Definitely the best Buff team. My order of best Buff teams: 1) '89, 2) '94, 3)'90.
  3. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Nice, I was there...good memories. Rep sent.
  4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Jan 11, 2008
    When you look at the faces of the coaches on the sidelines you see a look of absolute confidence. They didn't think they were going to win, they knew they were going to win, no question. A couple of time it almost looked like Mac was ready to laugh at kNU.

Oh, what we would all give to see a team with that kind of confidence again. They knew who they were and what they were about.