What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

End of Regular Season/Other Conference Tournaments Thread

#59 St. Mary's needed to make the WCC finals to legitimately be in the conversation. Just got crushed by Portland in the Quarters. They're done.

19-11 (9-8) Illinois @ 19-11 (11-6) Purdue is a bubbly game. Illini have come out and punched Purdue in the face early on.

#68 UMass needed to get a road win at #85 George Washington today. Got crushed. Done.

That's a pretty young ISU team that took out Wichita today. Dan Muller is putting something together in Normal.

If ISU were to beat Northern Iowa tomorrow, it would put them in the top 50 RPI, and give both Wichita and UNI two additional quality wins (both having beaten ISU twice). Odd.

Last edited:
#43 Texas got a vital home win against KSU. If they'd lost that, they were in a dangerous spot.

#28 Dayton has to be safe despite losing at La Salle today, right? If they lose early in the A-10 tourney, it's going to be a nervous Sunday for them, though.

#65 Stanford pretty much either needed to win at Arizona today or win the Pac-12 tourney. Looks like it's going to be all about Vegas for the Cardinal now.

Does Murray State make the Dance?

Ranked #25 in the poll this week, but RPI in the high 60s entering today's Ohio Valley tourney final. Went 16-0 in conference play (plus tourney games), only to lose by 1 point.

RPI doesn't justify an at-large bid, but considering all the peripherals on a 27-5 record I have trouble seeing them left out. Gonna be a tough call for the committee.

Yale lost by 1 at a Dartmouth team that had a losing record in the Ivy entering today. Dropped the Elis into a tie with Harvard. Could have locked up a Dance bid today.

Ranked #25 in the poll this week, but RPI in the high 60s entering today's Ohio Valley tourney final. Went 16-0 in conference play (plus tourney games), only to lose by 1 point.

RPI doesn't justify an at-large bid, but considering all the peripherals on a 27-5 record I have trouble seeing them left out. Gonna be a tough call for the committee.

From everything that I've seen, they have no chance. SOS in the mid 200's, 4-3 vs top 150 with only top 100 win being Illinois State, and they lost by 35 to Valparaiso.

They're gonna need a lot of help-They need at least 6 bubble teams to lose (BYU tonight is a good place to start-they don't have an at large case if they aren't in tomorrows WCC final), and very little if any bid thievery.

For as much as I know I had at his expense last year, Steve Masiello taking Manhattan back to the dance again is a good story.

Is CSU a lock to make it or are they on the bubble?

Lock, but a lot closer to the bubble than their fans think. Snow & I were actually discussing this today, but you can argue that their 5th best win is over us - and we suck. Their only two "impressive" wins are SDSU and Boise St at home. They're gonna be a double digit seed unless they do some serious work in the MWC tourney.

Lock, but a lot closer to the bubble than their fans think. Snow & I were actually discussing this today, but you can argue that their 5th best win is over us - and we suck. Their only two "impressive" wins are SDSU and Boise St at home. They're gonna be a double digit seed unless they do some serious work in the MWC tourney.

Agreed. They're seen as about a 10 seed and the MWC tournament provides limited room to really improve one's seed. They're surely in though.

CSU would have been on the bubble if they hadn't gotten that win at Utah State. They're good now, though. RPI is solid and so is the record.

Hokies win! beating Mimi tomorrow will make be special.

Listened to the game while driving up to Stafford. Congrats on the win. Miami put one hell of a hurting on you guys in Blacksburg this past weekend, but it's not always easy to do that back to back. Miami is also known for the occasional horrendous performance. Chances are slim, but it's certainly more favorable than facing UNC. With VT being so down this year and Miami not having any fans no matter how good they are, it promises to be the loneliest game of the ACCT. Hoos are still resting up…hopefully Justin Anderson is ready to go.

I think they're squarely on the bubble, and they don't deserve to get in-As you say Goose, their resume isn't impressive. Sure, the San Diego State and Boise wins are nice, but both came at home. I'm also critical of them for not really stepping out in the non-conference-Their best win OOC (using RPI as a measuring stick) came at home against Georgia State, and the only thing of note they did OOC was beat the prohibitive WAC tourney favorite (New Mexico State) at Las Cruces......whoopee. On top of that, they lost at New Mexico-thats a bad loss. They were also swept by Wyoming-and thats not great, either....If Wyoming loses to Utah State tomorrow, those two losses look a lot worse than they do right now.

Compare that with another mid-major who is squarely on the bubble in Davidson-7 top 100 wins (VCU, GW twice, Richmond, Rhode Island, Dayton and UMass). Granted, a fair amount of that came at home. I think you've also gotta give somebody like Davidson credit for going to UVA (even though they lost), and playing North Carolina.

Heres another mid-major comparison-Temple (who many think are clearly out). Wins over Kansas, Cincy, LA Tech, and a sweep of UConn. They have nine losses, and a couple being sub 100 RPI, but they've also played Duke and Villanova, while Larry was busy fattening his team up on Georgia State.

How do you argue for CSU when compared to either of those?

I think they're squarely on the bubble, and they don't deserve to get in-As you say Goose, their resume isn't impressive. Sure, the San Diego State and Boise wins are nice, but both came at home. I'm also critical of them for not really stepping out in the non-conference-Their best win OOC (using RPI as a measuring stick) came at home against Georgia State, and the only thing of note they did OOC was beat the prohibitive WAC tourney favorite (New Mexico State) at Las Cruces......whoopee. On top of that, they lost at New Mexico-thats a bad loss. They were also swept by Wyoming-and thats not great, either....If Wyoming loses to Utah State tomorrow, those two losses look a lot worse than they do right now.

Compare that with another mid-major who is squarely on the bubble in Davidson-7 top 100 wins (VCU, GW twice, Richmond, Rhode Island, Dayton and UMass). Granted, a fair amount of that came at home. I think you've also gotta give somebody like Davidson credit for going to UVA (even though they lost), and playing North Carolina.

Heres another mid-major comparison-Temple (who many think are clearly out). Wins over Kansas, Cincy, LA Tech, and a sweep of UConn. They have nine losses, and a couple being sub 100 RPI, but they've also played Duke and Villanova, while Larry was busy fattening his team up on Georgia State.

How do you argue for CSU when compared to either of those?

You make incredibly good points. However, you're also talking about the selection committee. They're going to see "26-5" and just rubber stamp them in. And honestly, and I may be in the minority, but I'd rather see a team like CSU get in than a ****ty major conference school like Illinois, Purdue or aTm.

Listened to the game while driving up to Stafford. Congrats on the win. Miami put one hell of a hurting on you guys in Blacksburg this past weekend, but it's not always easy to do that back to back. Miami is also known for the occasional horrendous performance. Chances are slim, but it's certainly more favorable than facing UNC. With VT being so down this year and Miami not having any fans no matter how good they are, it promises to be the loneliest game of the ACCT. Hoos are still resting up…hopefully Justin Anderson is ready to go.

so true about lack of fan support for Canes (applies to football also), but VT hoops fans aren't showing up either, and it's the last game of the session, so the game will be played in another empty arena. but either way, MUCK FIAMI!

hope your Cavs get it done. I'd like to see UVA win the tourney and lock down a 1 seed (or even better, lose to VT in the ACCCG). would you rather see Louisville or UNC on Friday? I have a Cav buddy from Lynchburg going to that session.

Don't beat on a girl, especially one named Mimi. And lay off the sauce!

wow, that was really really bad, and I hadn't even been drinking. no excuse.

so true about lack of fan support for Canes (applies to football also), but VT hoops fans aren't showing up either, and it's the last game of the session, so the game will be played in another empty arena. but either way, MUCK FIAMI!

hope your Cavs get it done. I'd like to see UVA win the tourney and lock down a 1 seed (or even better, lose to VT in the ACCCG). would you rather see Louisville or UNC on Friday? I have a Cav buddy from Lynchburg going to that session.

wow, that was really really bad, and I hadn't even been drinking. no excuse.

After Louisville's lucky win this past weekend, I'd like to settle the score. UNC would be more tired as they have to play today, but facing UNC in Greensboro is always a risky situation due to the fans + Carolina Mafia.

You make incredibly good points. However, you're also talking about the selection committee. They're going to see "26-5" and just rubber stamp them in. And honestly, and I may be in the minority, but I'd rather see a team like CSU get in than a ****ty major conference school like Illinois, Purdue or aTm.

Thats unfortunate-When you look at their resume, its not that impressive. I'll give you them over the major conference teams you threw out, but my problem with them is they don't deserve one of the 4-5 mid-major at large spots IMO.

FSU held on to beat Clemson 76-73 in the ACC 8/9 game despite trying their hardest to blow a big late lead. So FSU meets Virginia tomorrow. UNC vs BC up next

Back