What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

End of Regular Season/Other Conference Tournaments Thread

For some reason (maybe geography?), it looks like the top 2-seed will end up in Kentucky's bracket. All the pundits have talked like that's a lock if the team is Wisconsin.

UConn doing what UConn does in March. Held Tulsa to 42 points to get to the American final.

For some reason (maybe geography?), it looks like the top 2-seed will end up in Kentucky's bracket. All the pundits have talked like that's a lock if the team is Wisconsin.

Let me see if I have this right-The pundits are saying Wisconsin will be paired with Kentucky because of geography? They were in the west bracket last year, and they had to play UA in front of a pretty hostile crowd to get to the final four. Its a silly bracket consideration after the first weekend IMO, and the fact that "pundits" like that moron Lunardi on ESPN are talking about it is ridiculous.

I think he'd make more sense as a Maryland assistant than he would here-Has he ever coached at a school west of the Mississippi?

If I'm an A10/C-USA school I'd take a long look into making him head coach if he has the hunger for one last rebuild.

Love watching Cowboys team. They Play hard! Look forward to watching them in dance.

Congats to them

I tend to sympathize with major conference programs when it comes to seeding and getting in, but does an 8 loss Kansas team really deserve a 2 seed still?

Some reasonably nice OOC wins, albeit nothing spectacular. Tough conference, some nice wins. But 8 losses is not insignificant.

I tend to sympathize with major conference programs when it comes to seeding and getting in, but does an 8 loss Kansas team really deserve a 2 seed still?

Some reasonably nice OOC wins, albeit nothing spectacular. Tough conference, some nice wins. But 8 losses is not insignificant.

I guess the question to ask is whether you believe there are 8 teams that have shown they would play that schedule and end up with fewer losses. Because the schedule is unparalleled.

Opposite.

Last edited:
What conference was Uconn in before and what conference are they in for football?

Big East.

American Athletic Conference is their current one. It's the teams that split from the Big East because they play football. They've added some programs and lost some. It's kind of a mess with a national geography. UConn is sacrificing a goat at every full moon in hopes of an ACC invite to join back up with BC, Cuse, Pitt, Miami, VA Tech and Louisville (and sort of Notre Dame).

Opposite.

I mean, there's obviously a cut off point. I have no sympathy for someone like Illinois. But a team like Miami that proved it can beat the best is going to get my sympathies over a team that stormed over a bunch of nobodies and then choked in its conference tournament.

Brace yourselves. The insecure Arizona fans seeking reinforcement over their first tournament title in 13 years are coming.

To be fair, Zona looks pretty good tonight.

These Big West teams are horrible.

Arizona looked great tonight. If they play like they did against NIT bound UCLA last night it will be a Sweet 16 exit. The weak Pac this year probably didn't do them any favors, even though this is probably their best team in quite some time.

Arizona looked great tonight. If they play like they did against NIT bound UCLA last night it will be a Sweet 16 exit. The weak Pac this year probably didn't do them any favors, even though this is probably their best team in quite some time.

Absolutely. The Ducks were just flat out gassed and outclassed tonight. That AZ team plays like tonight and they will make some noise in the Dance but I am still not convinced they make it passed Sweet 16 or at best Elite 8. Would be a good year but to hear their fans talk, they are going to be a final 4 team. Glad to be leaving them and Vegas behind.

Lol no PAC "12" titles ever. Find a new slogan bluff fans.

How cute. You came to us first dying to be referred to as a blue blood. Flattering.

You seem awfully excited over a tournament you've spent your entire time here saying it "didn't matter".

I mean, there's obviously a cut off point. I have no sympathy for someone like Illinois. But a team like Miami that proved it can beat the best is going to get my sympathies over a team that stormed over a bunch of nobodies and then choked in its conference tournament.

Agree to disagree, CVille, but I don't feel bad seeing a team who got punked at home by Eastern Kentucky and Georgia Tech miss the tournament. This is a really bad bubble-Every team who is even close to it has some pretty major warts...and I don't think you can feel bad for anybody who might be on the outside looking on after the bracket is unveiled tomorrow night.

Agree to disagree, CVille, but I don't feel bad seeing a team who got punked at home by Eastern Kentucky and Georgia Tech miss the tournament. This is a really bad bubble-Every team who is even close to it has some pretty major warts...and I don't think you can feel bad for anybody who might be on the outside looking on after the bracket is unveiled tomorrow night.

I didn't necessarily mean Miami as an exact literal point. To clarify, I'm more generally saying give me a major conference team that proved it can beat big boys even if there are a couple bad losses over a team that spent its season reaching 27 wins by beating up on Jacksonville State and SIU-Edwardsville on a weekly basis. Do we really think a Murray State or whichever small conference flavor(s) of the year would have gone and posted an 11-7 record in the ACC (thus outperforming Miami by 1 game?) I certainly don't. This year doesn't have the best examples compared to most years, but that's the mindset I have.

Back