What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

End of Regular Season/Other Conference Tournaments Thread

I didn't necessarily mean Miami as an exact literal point. To clarify, I'm more generally saying give me a major conference team that proved it can beat big boys even if there are a couple bad losses over a team that spent its season reaching 27 wins by beating up on Jacksonville State and SIU-Edwardsville on a weekly basis. Do we really think a Murray State or whichever small conference flavor(s) of the year would have gone and posted an 11-7 record in the ACC (thus outperforming Miami by 1 game?) I certainly don't. This year doesn't have the best examples compared to most years, but that's the mindset I have.

Couldn't you apply that argument to little brother? Haven't really beaten anyone away from home.....Their whole resume is wins over Boise and SDSU at home.

Couldn't you apply that argument to little brother? Haven't really beaten anyone away from home.....Their whole resume is wins over Boise and SDSU at home.

Heard a lot of chatter on the networks about CSU being the team they'd leave out from among the bubble teams. I think they're in, though. RPI is at 30 and the record (26-6) is great. Issues when they dissect there resume are going to come from being 5-5 against the Top 100 and then having 16 of those wins (and 1 loss) against teams with an RPI of 150+. That last point pretty much wipes out anything impressive about the record. But it's not like other bubble teams have sparkling resumes.

Wouldn't shock me if UVA got the shaft, but I have a hard time justifying why an Arizona team with 3 sub-100 losses deserves it over a team whose 3 losses came to no one lower than 21.

Kaminsky nails about a 25 footer to put Wisconsin up 3 with about 1:30 left. Dude is having a great run right now.

Valentine answers. Holy ****. Tie game.

Notre Dame beats Duke and Carolina on back to back nights and didn't improve their seed. Would've been a 3 had they lost to Duke in the semifinal.

Virginia got ****ed. Saw that coming when I woke up today. 3 losses to Duke, @ Louisville and UNC on a neutral court.

Wyoming gets a draw that they might be able to do something with. 12 seed but they get N. Iowa and then almost certainly Louiseville. Not predicting any upsets but if you need to pick a team that could this is it.

Utah could have a decent shot at the sweet 16. Don't think Georgetown is a great #4 seed.

Wyoming gets a draw that they might be able to do something with. 12 seed but they get N. Iowa and then almost certainly Louiseville. Not predicting any upsets but if you need to pick a team that could this is it.

Utah could have a decent shot at the sweet 16. Don't think Georgetown is a great #4 seed.

Georgetown a 4 seed but Michigan State a 7. Joke.

Alabama fired Anthony Grant.

I'm surprised he hasn't had more success. He improved things to the caliber of a goof NIT team quickly and never improved from there. I still like him, but Alabama was more than patient.

This is one of those days that I wish CSU had a decipherable message board.

I feel bad for them. With their RPI, overall record and record against the Top 100, the Rams were a tourney team. I think the committee made a b.s. call based on a decision that the MWC was a 3-bid league. When Wyoming won the tourney, someone was out and the committee made the wrong call on bumping CSU instead of Boise State.

Just go back into our archives. Of any fans, we should know how they feel.

I think at least when the Buffs got screwed in Tad's first year, there was a hope of greater things on the horizon and the realization that part of the decision was not having the backing of the Big12.

Back