1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of Season BDC analysis

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by GoonieBuff, Mar 28, 2014.

1. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Mar 25, 2011
    SIAP, but I didn't see these articles mentioned, and they weren't on the newsfeed. One is a Howell article giving out awards, and grading the various aspects of the team. The other is a Ringo article about raising CU men's basketball expectations.

It's interesting that the only A grade was given by Howell was to the coaching staff (I have trouble giving an A, when that's the highest grade, and I know they could've shown up for another couple of games that they didn't). Interestingly, this was the subject of some criticism in the Ringo article.

I love having Coach Boyle and I love our MBB team. It's so much fun to be able to nitpick and have raised expectations, rather than hoping for a nice win at some point during the season.
  2. BuffG

BuffG Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Howell is a nice guy, but I haven't gained any morsels of wisdom from him in terms of basketball analysis. Seems like a lot of people are stuck between being gracious for what we have and not trying to appear greedy in demanding more. Ringo's article is a bit more spot on. Thing is, I'm sure Tad is demanding more from himself and the entire program. He and the coaching staff have to improve, especially in-game adjustments, along with the players. There's legitimate reasons for why the team hasn't made a tourney run in the last two years and some of them were within Tad's control. It is possible to critique w/o coming off as a d**k (not saying anyone has) and I can't wait to be past the collective "oh i'm just happy we're not a laughing stock" phase.
  3. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Would've rather they kept Thorburn and NOT him. I agree with you he seems like a nice guy, but I don't think he's that great. Also, I think you are right with Tad not being satisfied. In terms of your last point, I think you can realize how far this program has come, be happy about it, but also have higher expectations as a result of what we've accomplished.