1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of the first Half

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by absinthe, Oct 6, 2013.

1. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Really didnt like that we just ran it out, especially once we got that first down and with timeouts in hand. We had been moving the ball fairly well on Oregon and the middle routes were open, I would have like to have seen us take a couple shots down field and tried for at least a long field-goal if not the endzone.

I realize it would have made precisely zero difference in the outcome of the game and as well as Oregon moves the ball had Connor turned it over we'd have been in deep ****, but I'd rather see us play like we had nothing to lose.

2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Agree. The only thingnI can think is the last thing Mac wanted was a turn over and some kind of fluky score by Oregon.

3. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

It was 43-16 at that point. What difference did it make? We weren't coming back to win, but there was an opportunity to work on the two minute drill and possibly build some confidence in the QB and the offense...

4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Agree as well.

Maybe M2 sensed something in his team that made him just want to get into the locker room.

Looking back as badly as we got beat I was not unhappy with the first half. We played hard and played like a team that intended to be respected.

I am bothered by the team losing focus in the second half and not getting a single score against the Ducks backups.

5. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Concur. Frustrated me, actually.

The statement that the team made at the beginning of the game, was that to win, we would have to take chances. The decision to take a knee seemed inconsistent with that philosophy.

6. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The lack of tempo at times is really frustrating.

7. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Coach was clearly frustrated and wanted to talk to the team.

8. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I thought they coached a pretty decent game yesterday. Players didn't make plays (INT, thrown INTs, drops, etc), but this staff definitely goes way too conservative at times imo. End of the first half, the field goals, play calling on 3rd and long. Would prefer they embrace more of a don't give a **** attitude. I mean, what do we have to lose?