1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eric kiesau is hurting us

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by bbads, Oct 10, 2010.

1. bbads

bbads Member

Eric. Call a play. stop with the screens and sweep plays. your creativity is crap, and you dont put our players in the best situations to succeed.

FlatironsBuff likes this.
  2. SF_BUFF

SF_BUFF Member

Good first post.

3. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

The playcalling actually seemed decent the last game and a half before tonight. I have no idea why everything goes to **** the second this team leaves Colorado. And that includes the play calling...

4. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I'll back away from my normal suspicions and say that this guy isn't a plant from the Athletic Department.

5. dcbuffman

dcbuffman Member

Who know if EK could have gotten into a decent play-calling rhythm had the Buffs not started their first couple of drives inside the 5. Reminded me of last year's NU game.

6. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

I'm hoping receivers will consistently go past the First Down marker one of these years. That'd really shake up defenses as a new kind of gadget play.

7. cu2x

cu2x Club Member Club Member

K may be hurting us, but not as much as Johnson and Riddle are. How do they justify 2 total incompetents?

8. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

McKnight 14.4 avg/catch, Clemons 8 ????

WTF is up with a reverse from the 12? Who are we fooling enough with anything for trick plays to work? Just try to go down the field and execute and offense.

9. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

How come we still consistently don't test a defense downfield....we "supposedly" have the best WR grouping in a long time, yet continue to not take shots throwing down the sidelines to any of these guys...the gameplan last night was the exact recipe that made the Buffs so predictable & easy to defend last year. Whatever happened to the notion of stretching the field????

10. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

I do, he called a run, mostly an inside dive, on every single first down that besides for the very first offensive play, was stopped stone cold. We also have done very little to stop the predictable snap counts which give the defensive a leg up. This offense was putrid and honestly it had very little to do with the players on the field. My one knock would be the offensive line wasn't nearly as good as it has been the past two weeks. But then again predictable snapcounts don't help them much.

11. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

another thing, Riddle should be fired today.....last night more like it, we have the worst special teams in the nation. We should have open tryouts today to find new kickers.

12. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

That is really puzzling. Why on earth do they still send Goodman out to kick? Has he made a single kick (other than an extra point) this year? I would rather they just go for it. (Oh, and when I say go for it, I mean throw the ball PAST the first down sticks)

13. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Problem is when we try to go for it....guaranteed delay of game or false start :rolling_eyes:

14. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

And isn't inside the five where you should have used Matt Bahr right up the middle? Just slam a big body in there and gain some yards? Speedy cannot move a pile of bodies and everyone knew we would try to run out. What am I doing? Trying to find reason with the coaching decisions. There is no rhyme or reason. That is the problem.

15. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

For all the progress I felt Kiesau had made prior to last night, he gave it all right back. Unimaginative playcalling, zero shots downfield, etc. What a terrible ****ing game. :puke:

16. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

agree. we have UGA off-balance most of the night, LB's totally unable to commit to the run or pass so out of position a lot...exploit it time and again. and nothing like that last night, even when MU is bringing people left and right. Hanson breaks through once and MU pays the price. Instead, they live in our backfield all night. where was the option or counter looks we showed against UGA?

17. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

It's almost like they told Tyler to stay in the pokcet last night.

18. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Couldn't agree more. I expected Riddle to be clueless and get outmatched, but I thought Kiseau would have had the offense doing something decent. I swear 90% of our pass plays were designed to be thrown to WRs standing on or behind the line of scrimmage. Everyone wants to blame Hansen for being timid, but when the play call is a WR screen, what can he do? It was like Kiseau saw Mizzou run all those jailbreak screens and wanted to show them up.

19. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I said it last night: Kiesau's play calling was abysmal.

20. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Our special teams coach is stealing money and thats all there is too it. It's been awful, now it's bordering on ridiculous. K went from very good play calling last week to crap this week. Why are we using a sound cadence in the red zone on the road?

21. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Keisau is wasting good speed at wr. His 3yd pass plays,screens are a joke. These guys can make plays DOWNFIELD, you know, past the first down marker?

Use what little talent you have.

22. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

The problem was as much in execution as play calling.

The FSN camera angles didn't provide for what was going on down field because it was focused on Tyler not executing any play action.

The vertical game did open up with Cody back there.

23. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

I wonder where EK will be coaching next year, I'm guessing a demotion back to wr's coach.

24. Junction

I keep hearing that, but there was less than half a yard per attempt or completion between Hansen and Hawkins last night.

25. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Wrong metric.
    Look at yards per quarter.

26. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

I don't even want Hagan back as recruiting coordinator at this point, **** this entire staff.

27. Junction

How does yards per quarter tell you anything about the vertical game?

28. The Guest

The Guest Guest

You're the accountant. You tell us.

29. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

anything with those numbers could only yield one result from Junction...

BANKRUPT.

30. Junction

I'm telling you. It doesn't. And if anybody knows about numbers that don't mean anything, it's an accountant.