1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eric Kiseau

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Oct 18, 2009.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Is the man. It may have taken him a few games to get things worked out, but the offense is looking very solid right now. We probably should have known it would take some time for him to get his bearings as a first-time coordinator, but the play calling yesterday was outstanding. It didn't hurt that when the play broke down, we had Hansen to improvise and make something happen.

Kudos to coach Kisaeu! :congrats:

2. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

That.

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

TH had a lot to do with it, but minus a few 3rd and forevers....we seemed viable in a lot of tough down and distances. that hasn't been the case in the past.

too many 3rd and 11's where we throw the swing pass or out route in the flat.....with the apparent plan that opposing defenders will miss 3-4 tackles and we'll move the chains.

4. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

TH has to make it a little easier on the guy....the playbook should be wide open now

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

He's definitely improving and I don't think anyone is surprised by that. Smart guy that has a definite vision. That 3rd down pass call deep in our own end when we needed a 1st down to run more clock... pure balls. :drink2:

6. Nor Cal Buff

Nor Cal Buff Well-Known Member

A large part if it is the personnel.

First few games: Hawkins, Sumler, McKnight, Espy, Ebner
    Kansas game: Hansen, Speedy, McKnight, Simas, Jefferson

Helps a lot along with the increased experience as an OC.

7. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I still feel as though we run in the most obvious of situations. I do think he's doing a great job, though. He has designed some plays that were just so much better than anything I ever saw from Helfrich.

8. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Helps when you have some of your athletes on the field, and a manageable QB.

9. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

Yes he called a better game than he has in the past but I'm not ready to heap praise on him just yet. Remember he was likely the guy who picked Cody over Tyler in August, a decision that appears to have been a big factor in creating the quagmire we are in.

10. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Come on...do you really believe that?

11. buffalo30

buffalo30 Active Member

I still think the offense could scheme a more productive running game in both design and personnel use. I'm too tired of explaining it so I'll leave it at that.
    One thing I don't like is running plays from the shotgun with a handoff to a back standing still.

12. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I usually don't like that either. But yesterday it worked. I don't know how or why, but they were getting 5-6 yards almost every time they ran that play.

13. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

If the line can start to step up, the shotgun handoff works. There are plenty of teams that run the same play.

14. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Coin flip yes or no. Given how the defense was at the beginning of the year, maybe both QBs weren't seeing a whole lot of pressure in August practices and were actually neck and neck, prompting Kies to go with experience. Usually what you do in the event of a tie.

15. Sexton Hardcastle

Cody was clearly outperforming Tyler in fall camp.

16. aik

Okay, there we go. So the QBs were getting no pressure in camp, meaning we had more workout warriors on one line than the other.

Given how different practices are from a real opponent, I'd have hoped the staff was quicker than, say, 4.5 games to make an adjustment in reaction to this rude awakening. Now that it's been made... 7-0 finish! Let's do it. :thumbsup:

17. Sexton Hardcastle

I'm not dismissing your argument or saying you're wrong, It just seemed like Tyler wasn't confident in his throws. He was real hesitant out there on the practice field.

18. aik

Didn't find anything contrary in your last post. I think starting from spring practice through this season I was hoping I'd be reading updates that Hansen was further along than he ended up being. Of course I was also getting the majority of my news from the propaganda machine which said they were neck and neck and both improving. Good to see things finally playing out on the field.

19. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Kieseau did generate first half leads in the WYO, UT and KU games.
    If the defense didn't start soft, CU might have had a lead in the WV at the half, too.

During the past three games, the offense is coming into the game looking prepaired.

I'd like to see four quarters of solid play, including half time adjustments. The oppositions' defensive coordinators apear to have the upper hand after the half.

20. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

FIFY.:smile2: