What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Escaped NetBuffs

Gateway should be left in peace, for a while, as far as I'm concerned.

And for this Aussie fellow...do we really want a poster that waited that long to abandon NetBuffs (I'm assuming it's as bad as every one says--I've never visited)? I'm skeptical on this one.

Agree on your first point.

As for Aussie, don't blame him. He's one of the good ones. Had we been able to work out our vegemite and Fosters concessions earlier, I'm sure we would have seen him around here a long time ago....

I was an NB regular, still look over there now and again...even occasionally posting. I like it here much better....I bet you will too. Welcome aboard.

So you are the one. Last few times I looked it seemed like they had about 5 post per day.

When I first went looking for a Buffsite, I believe a search engineer took me to Netbuffs first. After about 2 days, I was done. Stumbled next onto Allbuffs and what a refreshing difference. Got to believe a lot of the sane ones there would come here but just don't know better? Or are there no sane ones over there?

There are a handful of posters over there who I will read. There are many I hope never find this site. There are a few who overlap both sites.

Agree on your first point.

As for Aussie, don't blame him. He's one of the good ones. Had we been able to work out our vegemite and Fosters concessions earlier, I'm sure we would have seen him around here a long time ago....

I'm sure he is. I just forgot that we were nice to newcomers. Don't we have some sort of hazing program in place? That's the way it was when I started posting here almost a year ago. Respect my seniority!

I'm sure he is. I just forgot that we were nice to newcomers. Don't we have some sort of hazing program in place? That's the way it was when I started posting here almost a year ago. Respect my seniority!

you're right. I'm slipping.

We've never had a hazing program. We just thought you were kind of an asshole.

Contrast in sites.

New QB signs and lots of activity here bashing fans that post there. (pretty good commentary in the recruiting forum however)

There, two comments on new QB.

Me, I wish CU football drove traffic at all of the sites.

Go Buffs

there have been plenty of threads/comments over the years that bash NB. this thread is not one of them.

someone needs some thicker skin.

Contrast in sites.

New QB signs and lots of activity here bashing fans that post there. (pretty good commentary in the recruiting forum however)

Go Buffs

Hmmmm. What sort of dialogue would you like to have regarding Mr. Gerhke that hasn't already taken place? CU Football is my primary focus too, but at some point it's been said, and then it becomes a vortex of idle speculation and recycled sentiments.

Until we see him practice in the Fall, I'd say that we've talked Gerhke, and our QB situation enough.

pabuff

pcbuff

Is there a pbbuff?

Also, did he/she say there was only two comments on Gerhke? I've seen pages of discussion on him, including a limerick. I get the feeling that pcbuff is missing some threads.

And yes, pabuff-esque for sure. Whatever became of Aeroxx?

Contrast in sites.

Go Buffs

Here you go good sir:

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/88855-13-JC-QB-Jordan-Gehrke-(Verbal-to-Colorado) 42 comments and counting.

And a longer class discussion that covers quality and fit of the class as a whole:

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/85758-Barzil-Recruit-Thread-(2014-edition)/page12 360 comments and counting (although admittedly on the latest ones have anything to do with our most recent commit).

Here you go good sir:

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/88855-13-JC-QB-Jordan-Gehrke-(Verbal-to-Colorado) 42 comments and counting.

And a longer class discussion that covers quality and fit of the class as a whole:

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/85758-Barzil-Recruit-Thread-(2014-edition)/page12 360 comments and counting (although admittedly on the latest ones have anything to do with our most recent commit).

Very reasonable response to a poorly researched and poorly worded assumption.

Semper Gumby

If the person running NetBuffs and its CSU cousin ever upgraded their posting system to be more similiar to what is used today, it'd make a difference but I guess some people never let go of that format. :pan:

I saw the other threads.
I like Aussie buff.
I like this site.
If I could change one thing here, it would be to invite discussion, and stop the creatini-juvenile stuff. I will participate when I have something of value to add. I came here because I saw momentum building for a head coach candidate that I personally knew and personally thought was a bad fit. Thankfully, he is now at Wisc. Four pages of people saying net buffs sucks is what I would put under the heading of juvenile. I'm not invested in one site over another.

Thanks for taking the time to point me towards those threads. That was cool.

PC is for Park City where I reside.

If the person running NetBuffs and its CSU cousin ever upgraded their posting system to be more similiar to what is used today, it'd make a difference but I guess some people never let go of that format. :pan:

The time to have done that was long ago. If they change now, they're just a crappier version of allbuffs. Their antiquated format is what differentiates them now.

I saw the other threads.
I like Aussie buff.
I like this site.
If I could change one thing here, it would be to invite discussion, and stop the creatini-juvenile stuff. I will participate when I have something of value to add. I came here because I saw momentum building for a head coach candidate that I personally knew and personally thought was a bad fit. Thankfully, he is now at Wisc. Four pages of people saying net buffs sucks is what I would put under the heading of juvenile. I'm not invested in one site over another.

lighten up francis.

I saw the other threads.
I like Aussie buff.
I like this site.

Bolded. I like that philosophy.

When you consider that this site was created because a few posters at NetBuffs became fed up with that site and decided to move on, the response in this thread seems reasonable. Hate for NetBuffs resides at Allbuffs' existential core.

Did you once live in Pennsylvania, by any chance?

I saw the other threads.
I like Aussie buff.
I like this site.

You sound like you'd be from one f the more conservative parts of Utah. Park City, from my experience, is a little too crazy for you.

Back