What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN announces Lane Kiffin as the USC coach. OMG, proves that you don't want a tool

SoCal Bob

of an AD to make important decsions. Mike Garrett did not hire PC, his asistant who since left pleaded with Garret to hire Carroll. I expect some Godawful mispeaks from this guy. I only hope he brings Ogeron with him.

of an AD to make important decsions. Mike Garrett did not hire PC, his asistant who since left pleaded with Garret to hire Carroll. I expect some Godawful mispeaks from this guy. I only hope he brings Ogeron with him.

He's said to be bringing Orgeron with him. His dad is also coming to USC with him.

Guess Scroggins will be staying at USC...next question - what do the Rocky Top Hound Dogs do next? Can't imagine they'll stay with the interim guy too long. Lane must've figured out he wasn't going ot be able to back up his Florida smack talk anytime in the near future, so it was time to bolt. Sort of feel bad for Tennessee...

Bold move by Garrett. I'm not sure what Kiffin has ever done to deserve that job...

There's got to be some pissed off people in Tennessee right now. But not as many as there's going to be once all the off-the-field stuff (arrests, his smack talk about other SEC teams, NCAA issues) from his time there comes to fruition...

Bold move by Garrett. I'm not sure what Kiffin has ever done to deserve that job...

There's got to be some pissed off people in Tennessee right now. But not as many as there's going to be once all the off-the-field stuff (arrests, his smack talk about other SEC teams, NCAA issues) from his time there comes to fruition...

Apparently they figure his time there as an assistant was the big factor, at least that's my guess.

I would fire Mike Garrett on the spot. Dealing with an unguided missle like Kiffin, is just the Uni needs, with all the pending turmoil ahead of them. Like a fireman (garrett) trying to extinguish a fire with gasoline.

I'm kind of going to miss Kiffin at UT.. Him going at it with Meyer was funny to me.. You can't go into USC and act like that because you are already the big dog..

But if we are talking better jobs, USC is a much better job than UT.. Kiffin made the right move..

Just speculating, but this move may have as much (or more) to do with getting Monte and Ogeron as it does with Lane. Hard to find a better set of coordinators in the country.

Chow too?! That's what is being reported right now. Kiffin/Chow back at USC.

This could actually be a brilliant move or....it could turn to $ it. Either way, it's exciting.

urban at the bball game...
148ksw1.gif

ESPiNs first run at Tennessee's alternatives...

So as the Vols search for a new coach, one hot name out there is Troy Calhoun of Air Force. Both Sports Illustrated's Stewart Mandel and Rivals.com's Tom Dienhart threw out his name, because before Tennessee hired Lane Kiffin last year, they were thinking about hiring Calhoun, who was the Houston Texans' offensive coordinator before he took over at Air Force.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen tweets that the Vols should go get David Cutcliffe, who was a Peyton Manning tutor, and has now revitalized the Duke program.

ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach suggested on ESPNEWS that Texas D-Coordinator Will Muschamp might get a call, as well. Muschamp, however, is set to be the heir to Mack Brown. Schlabach also suggests Randy Edsall of UConn, who was heavily linked to Notre Dame until Brian Kelly got the job.

Also, some have speculated Steve Spurrier would listen, if offered, though he's recently stated his commitment to South Carolina. And we're not yet buying the Jim Leavitt and Mike Leach chatter out there. Also, before Kiffin got the job last year, Butch Davis of North Carolina was another name linked to the job. Lastly, two more names you're sure to hear are TCU's Gary Patterson and Boise State's Chris Petersen.

One big concern for the Vols is that Monte Kiffin, Lane's defensive guru father, and Ed Orgeron, his ace recruiter, are going with Lane. So they need, essentially, a total package hire.

In the meantime, Kippy Brown, the recently hired WR coach, will be named interim at Tennessee. More as we hear it...and we'll be calling around for a while tonight

Short version... they don't have a ****ing clue what Tennessee might do. I really hope they're wrong about Calhoun. That would suck. I can't see him being terribly interested, though.

Leach actually seems like he would make sense to me....

If they get Calhoun I will be as mad as the guy in the video I just posted.

Back