What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN announces Lane Kiffin as the USC coach. OMG, proves that you don't want a tool

Lot of talk out there that Muschamp is the main target. Not sure that is a wise career move for Muschamp.

Lot of talk out there that Muschamp is the main target. Not sure that is a wise career move for Muschamp.

He could keep all his burnt orange "UT" clothing, and take all the new **** back to Austin with him when Mack retires. It's a wardrobe building opportunity if nothing else.... :lol:

I heard Cutcliffe from Duke as a possiblility. I think Tubberville would have been perfect in Tennessee. Pirate Mike will probably get a call as well im sure.

He could keep all his burnt orange "UT" clothing, and take all the new **** back to Austin with him when Mack retires. It's a wardrobe building opportunity if nothing else.... :lol:

:lol:

Muschamp needs to realize how good he has it at Texas. If he is still waiting 2-3 years from now, I could see jumping, but he is sitting on a gold mine right now.

Hmmm, Muschamp may want to watch the video of that inbred dply posted in the OMG thread before he goes to Tennessee and then turn around 3 years from now and come back to Texas.

Hell hath no fury than that of an inbred redneck scorned! :ahhhhh::afraid:

best line ever from the rivals mb

i take it back this is the best line ever
Haha the rock looks like Ray Finkle's bedroom

Unnamed.jpg

USC has NCAA issues of its own. The NCAA has completed its investigation into allegations of improper benefits received by former Trojan Reggie Bush from a marketing company hoping to sign him as a client and allegations that former basketball coach Tim Floyd paid an agent runner to secure the services of guard O.J. Mayo.

Monday, Yahoo! Sports reported that the NCAA's Committee on Infractions will meet Feb. 19-21 to determine what, if any, punishment USC would receive.

This little tidbit got lost at the bottom of an article on sports illustrated. This could get even more interesting...

LMAO, Lane kiffin? Gas on the fire at USC. What a douchebag for leaving the vols high and dry after 1 year. Then, to make matters worse, he is assembling an awesome staff with his dad,orgeron and possibly chow.... Does lane have to sit out a year like the players too?

ESPN reports USC could be looking at some stiff sanctions.....
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncb/news/story?id=4816942

I think Lane Kiffin is a bizaar choice given those circumstances. Yes, he brings his dad and Ogeron, but they could easily have done as well with another hire.
Kiffen still remains unproven as a head coach and doesn't seem to know the NCAA recruiting rules.
He's a good match for Skippy though as they are two peas in a pod!

I think USC panicked. Kiffen ran the offense as a co-coordinator with Sarkisian... Sure seems to me that Sark was the better of the two but time will tell. Certainly not a slam dunk hire like they could have had by going after the TCU or Utah coaches for example. Those guys have proven they can win in college and run the program. Kiffen has 1 year at Oakland and 1 year at Tenn - and not a winning record as a head coach....

holy **** orgeron was recruiting for Sc during the team meeting

[video=youtube;DPAJTGOSK00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPAJTGOSK00[/video]

thatsa gotta be some kind of violation or crime agaisnt nature

Not safe for work but well worth it:

[video=youtube;aYAsxnRaTAg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAsxnRaTAg[/video]

Abso****inglutely awesome. I am still laughing my ass off at that display. I think he lost that loving feeling. ****ing hilarious!

i am trying not to laugh but i can't help. the youtube vids are epic and deadspin is out of control.

:rofl:

edit: oh man, that odgeron story is now going viral. epic. how i wish we had the innerwebs and such when skippy effed us over with recruits.

this thing is unbelievable. burning mattresses. tear gas. deceit. lies. someone secure the movie rights.

Last edited:
holy **** orgeron was recruiting for Sc during the team meeting

[video=youtube;DPAJTGOSK00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPAJTGOSK00[/video]

thatsa gotta be some kind of violation or crime agaisnt nature

if we are still in a dead period, and i think we are, there's the first strike against this staff at U$C.

Here's the recruiting calendar through NSD:

January 4-9: Quiet Period
January 10: Quiet Period
January 11-14: Dead Period, though staff are allowed to have contact with recruits who have been admitted for mid-year enrollment.
January 15-16: Quiet Period
January 31: Quiet Period

February 1-4: Dead Period. [Note: Feb. 3 is "national signing day," the first day that recruits can sign a National Letter of Intent for their school of choice.]

Dates not specified: Contact Periods

Quiet Period = Recruits can visit with coaches but only on those coaches' campuses
Dead Period = No in-person contact is allowed
Contact Period = Coaches are allowed to visit recruits off campus. Coaches can make only one visit per week to individual recruits.

if we are still in a dead period, and i think we are, there's the first strike against this staff at U$C.

Based on Nik's post from another thread, it looks like you're right..... If Orgeron stuck to the kids who had enrolled early at UT it looks ok, but if he called other recruits he's screwed...

Ruh-roh.... :lol:

Based on Nik's post from another thread, it looks like you're right..... If Orgeron stuck to the kids who had enrolled early at UT it looks ok, but if he called other recruits he's screwed...

Ruh-roh.... :lol:

i know of one EE kid he contacted, who was having none of it. the poor kid had his parents drive to pick him up and open his recruiting back up. absolute bush league.

another **** story. tyler bray's family moved from california to tennessee over xmas break to watch their kid play. apparently he was contacted as well. i hope USC gets the death penalty.

more footage

[video=youtube;8vHMKn0QCxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vHMKn0QCxI[/video]

[video=youtube;4EcDuXgX-8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EcDuXgX-8E[/video]

The scary thing is this whole situation means Al Davis could have been right all along, bizarre news conference after he fired Kiffin and all. Yikes.

If Muschamp really wants to be the eventual head coach at Texas then he needs to stay put. If he bolts for Tennesee then Major Applewhite can position himself as the coach in waiting and Major has all the time in the world to wait.

Back