What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN announces Lane Kiffin as the USC coach. OMG, proves that you don't want a tool

Sounds like Muschamp is staying and he will be given more control over recruits they offer. This is a pretty big deal since UT only offers about 30 prospects a year.

lsu freak strikes again

The_New_Beverly_Hillbillies.gif

Unless the local police have to break out the water tank (ala The Last Castle), then your riot is pretty weak.

If Muschamp really wants to be the eventual head coach at Texas then he needs to stay put. If he bolts for Tennesee then Major Applewhite can position himself as the coach in waiting and Major has all the time in the world to wait.

Haha, coach in waiting... Has that ever worked anywhere? I really hope Texas does go that route.

I'm mainly curious if any comes from the supposed recruiting violations we heard about earlier in the thread

Just speculating, but this move may have as much (or more) to do with getting Monte and Ogeron as it does with Lane. Hard to find a better set of coordinators in the country.
Not to mention Ogeron is one of the best recruiters in the country. I wanted LSU to take him, but Miles chose Chavis instead. Ogeron is from south Louisiana. Tenn has a very high ranked recruiting class this year. It will be interesting to see how many jump ship. I'm sure every SEC team has a salesman at their door. I think you will see alot more of this in the future, coaches are more like businessmen now. You really can't blame them for taking a better job. He will have a much better chance of winning in the PAC 10.

Pat Forde is absolutely ripping Kiffin in his column and on First Take.

Paraphrasing:

"Kiffin was born on third base and acts like he hit a triple."

"Paris Hilton has paid more dues than Lane Kiffin."

"5-15 with the Raiders, 7-6 including a blowout blow loss and numerous recruiting violations at Tennessee... but he gets the USC job at a time when the NCAA is knocking on its door?"

Personally, I can't stand Kiffin and am absolutely loving this. :lol:

USC is spitting in the face of the NCAA investigation. Oregon and Kiffin are both GREAT recruiters but they admittedly push the envelope as far as they can go and don't really enforce "administrative controls" the way the NCAA expects schools to do so.

I guess they aren't really all that worried about this round of sanctions and any potential problems in the future, all for the sake of winning, I guess.

Haha, coach in waiting... Has that ever worked anywhere? I really hope Texas does go that route.

Worked at Florida St. Jimbo Fisher is now HC after being the coach in waiting.

It's a great deal for the assistant - they keep your seat warm, but if a better HC gig comes along while you're waiting - take it.

It's a great deal for the assistant - they keep your seat warm, but if a better HC gig comes along while you're waiting - take it.

I think what Tim was referring to is the fact that these coaches in waiting generally fall flat on their face once they take over.

I think what Tim was referring to is the fact that these coaches in waiting generally fall flat on their face once they take over.

Ok, but if it helps you hang on to an elite coordinator who might otherwise jump at another job, it might be worth the risk. Also there is almost certainly a huge recruiting benefit to not having questions about who might be coaching you 2 years from now.

Chip Kelly was a coach in waiting and went 11 and 2 in his first year, on what was supposed to be a rebuilding season. I'd kill for a coach that would fail like that.

148ksw1.gif

there is so much awesomeness around this whole situation i cant contain myself.

You know, I never heard the commentary on this...were the announcers saying he just received the text that Kiffin had left? If so, EFFING HILARIOUS!

Muschamp to Tennessee would be classic. It would easily be one of the best week's ever in any college football offseason.

Let's wait a few years before we proclaim that situation one that "worked". He just took over about a week ago.

Chip Kelly was a coach in waiting and went 11 and 2 in his first year, on what was supposed to be a rebuilding season. I'd kill for a coach that would fail like that.

I couldn't tell you who Chip Kelly is... Is that the guy that is under the Chip outfit?

How did it work for the Mora guy in Seattle that just bit the dust?

I couldn't tell you who Chip Kelly is... Is that the guy that is under the Chip outfit?

How did it work for the Mora guy in Seattle that just bit the dust?

With the effort you put into your response you probably could have just googled "Chip Kelly" to learn that he was Oregon's new coach.

holy **** orgeron was recruiting for Sc during the team meeting

[video=youtube;DPAJTGOSK00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPAJTGOSK00[/video]

thatsa gotta be some kind of violation or crime agaisnt nature
No, businessmen screw each other all the time. "It's just business."
Somebody will return the favor.

Last edited:
Wow, turned them down to stay at Duke? Duke!?!? :wow:

On the surface, it sounds insane. However, expectations are not nearly as high at Duke. It's a nice campus in a nice town and you can make a very nice living without the expectations of winning anything at all. Sure, he could make a buttload more at Tennessee, but for some folks, it really isn't about the money. I'm just speculating here.

On the surface, it sounds insane. However, expectations are not nearly as high at Duke. It's a nice campus in a nice town and you can make a very nice living without the expectations of winning anything at all. Sure, he could make a buttload more at Tennessee, but for some folks, it really isn't about the money. I'm just speculating here.

Yea, you could easily make the argument that Duke has the lowest football expectations among all BCS schools from their fans and administration.

Back