1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN class rankings for 2012 are out

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Recruiting Central' started by Buffnik, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It's the first one before signing day, but Buff fans have reason to be happy.

[h=1]19[/h][h=2]Colorado Buffaloes[/h]
    [h=3]Commits: 2ESPNU 100 players: 1Top prospect: C Josh Scott[/h]
    [​IMG]
    Josh Scott (Reggie Rankin)

Trivia question: Who is Colorado's first top-100 recruit since David Harrison? Let's just say Alec Burks is the wrong answer. Though he turned into a draft pick out of Boulder, Burks was not highly rated. Josh Scott (Colorado Springs, Colo./Monument) is highly rated and he's the answer to the question. Scott exploded in the spring and punched his ticket in July when he showed well in numerous head-to-head matchups. A fundamental big man, Scott's a committed rebounder and reliable scorer. He'll anchor CU's lineup in the lane. Wesley Gordon (Colorado Springs, Colo./Sierra) is a nice choice to flank Scott and provides the Buffs with a different look at the 4.Recruit Tracker: View full class

And we still have room for 2 or 3 more in this class.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...ssyear=2012&classmonth=8&rank=19&viewmore=yes

btbuff likes this.
  2. Bass

Bass Club Member Club Member

i think most people would agree with me that espn currently is crappy when it comes to football recruiting but they are fairly good with basketball. That being said its pretty exciting to see us at 19. if we sign 1 or 2 more quality recruits, there's no question that we would move into the 8-12 range and we should be set for the next 3 years if everyone develops properly. Exciting times ahead for CU. Hopefully the students can get behind the team like they did last year.

3. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Barring Caruso (pleasecometoBoulderpleasepleasepleasepleaseplease), I don't see any way that we hit 8-12 range. Remember, this class has been strange in that a LOT of the big dogs are still uncommitted. We could still be leapfrogged by a few teams. I think top 25 is realistic though.

4. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

have we ever been in the top 25 before. I really hope we can seal the deal on Caruso.

5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

if we finish in the top 25 i'll wet myself. i'm a fan of Beilein, give him a couple top 15 classes in a row and i think UM can contend in the Big 10. Izzo and Purdue seem like the heavies right now (if Robby Hummel can stay healthy....oh wait, just habit)...IU is further back but Crean is a good coach. when was the last time Matta didn't have a top class? not sure why i'm going Big Ten here....but, i do like Beilein. Pittsnogle was the side-show, but his WVU teams were great to watch.

anybody notice who is at #17?

6. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Needless to say, the rankings will undergo several changes between now and LOI day. The Buffs # is likely to change -- just a reality check.

That said, it's really nice to see the b-ball recruiting class ranked, at any time. Can't remember if this has happened before, so it was a pleasant surprise. Thanx Nik.

7. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Yeah, up.

8. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I assume you meant #18?

9. Buffnik

Regarding how this class might finish up, I had a chance to speak with Coach Boyle very briefly at the practice facility dedication. Goose and GoldenBuff were with me, so I'd love to get their impressions. But I told him that he's killing it on the recruiting trail and he replied that it's going extremely well. The way he said it and the way he looked at me, it gave me the feeling that I don't know the half of it and they're going to be making some big announcements on signing day. TIFWIW, but I'm confident that this is going to be a class that finishes strong and will be ranked very high on all the sites.

10. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

are you saying he had a twinkle in his eye and a firm handshake

11. Buffnik

That's exactly what I'm saying. :lol:

12. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I thought his response was a little shocking, but part of me just assumed that he was freaked out that BCS might come swing by him again and was looking for a way out of the area.

13. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

We all have that concern.

14. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Baylor is sketchy

15. COhoops

COhoops New Member

I think the Buffs will stay somewhere in the 19-25 range by the end of the process.

Keep in mind, CU is not the only team on that list that is going to sign at least 1 more guy. In fact, almost all of them are. Indiana is really one of the few teams with more than 3 recruits.

Regardless, CU isn't falling out of the top 25. Dave Telep at ESPN loves him some Josh Scott, for good reason. He's seen him play a lot this summer against great comp. Most that got to see Gordon play in the Spring agree'd he was a nice pickup for the buffs as well. This is a very thin year for big men so having two strong PF/C recruits is worth more this year than in most years.

Still interested to see which guard joins the class...

16. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

They're only up that high because they have the 5-star commit Austin, but as others have noted many of the top players haven't committed yet so these rankings are very fluid at this point.