What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN Colorado Season Preview

Chances to win the conference (ESPN.com Stats & Information): 0.0 percent

:woot:

Thanks for the post. I'm not sure I see it as pessimistic though. Their O/U is 4, best case is 5. I'm expecting 4-8 or 5-7 with games being more competitive, especially with the mid-tier teams like OSU and AZ. If the stars align, I could see a bowl game this year, but that's a long shot.

MacIntyre made a solid point about pre-season predictions. I doubt anyone had a Missouri-Auburn matchup in the SEC Championship last year in the pre-season. Teams bust out every year. Odds are against it, for sure. 4 wins is a reasonable pre-season prediction. But college football is crazy enough that it could end up being 8 and it wouldn't rank among the 50 biggest surprise seasons this century.

MacIntyre made a solid point about pre-season predictions. I doubt anyone had a Missouri-Auburn matchup in the SEC Championship last year in the pre-season. Teams bust out every year. Odds are against it, for sure. 4 wins is a reasonable pre-season prediction. But college football is crazy enough that it could end up being 8 and it wouldn't rank among the 50 biggest surprise seasons this century.

If we won 8 games....

The thing I most disagree with is 5-7 being best case scenario. I honestly think 6 or maybe a major leap to 7 is best case scenario with 4-5 being most probable.

The thing I most disagree with is 5-7 being best case scenario. I honestly think 6 or maybe a major leap to 7 is best case scenario with 4-5 being most probable.

Agreed. In some ways I like flying under the radar, but I also think of somber predictions like that from unbiased parties as the honest reminder that before the season begins we fans get our hopes up a bit higher than we really should. We'll see

General consensus in all the pre-season evaluations is that we're going to be a much improved team but it isn't going to be reflected in the W/L column. UW's SBNation blog just did a pre-season eval article that was also fair that came to similar conclusions.

Way too much talk about McCartney

I agree. I see the angle Miller was going for with the parallels in the state of the CU program when each took over, the RG quote he was given that they're similar guys, and then having the tie-in with the young McCartney maybe starting at DE this year (which Miller elegantly tied together with the weight gain/ weight loss bit).

But I'm really uncomfortable talking about MacIntyre in parallel with McCartney after one losing season. At least get us to a bowl first and then we can start having some fun with that.

Back