What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN.com Big 12 Preview

So do we now have the talent to run this offense Bz wants to install? Or is it because of our poor play last season?

I know our guys are young, but I'm interested in everyone's take on this.

I think if the players are allowed to create on their own instead of sticking with the system till the death for 40 minutes like last season, then ya we'll see better results. Higgins seemed to be the only guy with a green light last season. I think they broke an NCAA record for WIDE open shots passed up last year(I kid, but not really). Stick with Princeton and all, but if a play is there flippen go for it.

I think if the players are allowed to create on their own instead of sticking with the system till the death for 40 minutes like last season, then ya we'll see better results. Higgins seemed to be the only guy with a green light last season. I think they broke an NCAA record for WIDE open shots passed up last year(I kid, but not really). Stick with Princeton and all, but if a play is there flippen go for it.
Is Jeff the kind of coach to let his teams play like you say? I always thought of Jeff as a system type of coach. You know?

Is Jeff the kind of coach to let his teams play like you say? I always thought of Jeff as a system type of coach. You know?

You can't be that rigid and be a successful NBA coach.

Besides, my observation is that he's much more of a systems type of coach when it comes to his defense. That he's going to come down on a guy a lot harder for being out of position to play help defense than he is for freelancing or taking a bad shot on offense. (Not that he'd like either.)

But I think the biggest misconception of Coach Bz is that he wants to take the air out of the ball and play a slow, boring style of basketball. From what I've seen and heard, he's one of those coaches that only cares about offensive and defensive efficiency (points for and against per possession) and couldn't give a sh!t less about the tempo or total points scored in the game. Really, I believe he slowed things down because we didn't have the talent or depth to hang if he played it any other way the past couple years. I expect he'll speed up the tempo this year and since he has a more veteran team, trust them to play a more fun style of basketball.

I expect he'll speed up the tempo this year and since he has a more veteran team, trust them to play a more fun style of basketball.

i remember posting in the game thread of the W against Baylor in the conference tournament year before last "where has this team been?".

Hall and Roby were clearly given the "green" to take their guy off the dribble and create their own shot (which we didn't see that year, Rich avg'd about 12 shots a game). same was true for an "almost" against OU in the next round. not sure if that proves or disproves any point about Jeff....seems like it could be argued both ways.

Back