What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN Game Day Thread

That was addressed while you were confused and missed the first hour. But yes, the Puke coverage sickens me.

Spin:
More Dook and Cuse fans are drawn in and paying closer attention. What they see is:
- CU's Cheerleaders >>>>>> Dukes
- CU's fan energy >>>>> Duke

A few east coasters are scratching their heads and thinking, "wow, who knew CU has basketball fans."

Last edited by a moderator:
Spin:
More Dook and Cuse fans are drawn in and paying closer attention. When they
- CU's Cheerleaders >>>>>> Dukes
- CU's fan energy >>>>> Duke

A few east coasters are scratching their heads and thinking, "wow, who knew CU has basketball fans."
Yeah this is supposedly the 2nd best crowd they've gotten this year for GameDay.

Truth be told it looks bigger than it is. I've noticed the camera is focused in and they also spread out horizontally. But great energy!

Yes Jay, our interior is incredibly inferior to the ***********. Eat a bag of dicks!

Also, remember this is a national show not a CU show, with Boulder serving as a backdrop. I'm very happy, this is great tool for marketing, recruiting, and as athletics is the front porch of the university, it shows how great CU is.
Very true. This is going to be one of the highlights on our basketball recruiting videos for years to come. That is a big boost over teams like Oregon, Cal, Stanford, ASU, etc. Looked great today.

4equ8y4y.jpg

Yeah this is supposedly the 2nd best crowd they've gotten this year for GameDay.

Truth be told it looks bigger than it is. I've noticed the camera is focused in and they also spread out horizontally. But great energy!

Great news. This means they will be back

Unfortunately I didnt see it on espn u because I had the tv on sports center and then had some stuff to do before 9. Crowd looks good, cant wait to head up to boulder for the game.

What an awesome experience. I got two and a half hours of sleep but it was well worth it. I am so pumped I can't even take a nap. A couple notes. The crowd was really really engaged. Obviously anyone that shows up at 6 am is pumped. I'm not sure if they showed it, but they gave us newspapers after the Duke coverage implying we were bored with it. I was shocked ESPN would make fun of themselves. The first hour was better and the Dinwiddie and Tad interview was really good. I started the one more year chant by the way. The two guys dressed up as the twins was hilarious. I was right behind them and were nice guys. You can really tell Digger Phelps has done this for a long time. During breaks he pumped up the crowd. My favorite line was "You know what the real joke is? That Arizona is going to be able to beat you guys tonight." ESPN does a very good job. You can tell why they are the top sports network and its not even close. And props to all the students. It was better than I expected and the alumni also showed up. Overall, a great event that I will not forget anytime soon.

What an awesome experience. I got two and a half hours of sleep but it was well worth it. I am so pumped I can't even take a nap. A couple notes. The crowd was really really engaged. Obviously anyone that shows up at 6 am is pumped. I'm not sure if they showed it, but they gave us newspapers after the Duke coverage implying we were bored with it. I was shocked ESPN would make fun of themselves. The first hour was better and the Dinwiddie and Tad interview was really good. I started the one more year chant by the way. The two guys dressed up as the twins was hilarious. I was right behind them and were nice guys. You can really tell Digger Phelps has done this for a long time. During breaks he pumped up the crowd. My favorite line was "You know what the real joke is? That Arizona is going to be able to beat you guys tonight." ESPN does a very good job. You can tell why they are the top sports network and its not even close. And props to all the students. It was better than I expected and the alumni also showed up. Overall, a great event that I will not forget anytime soon.
Yep it was shown, didn't know ESPN supplied you though.

Agree that the first hour was better. I haven't paid too close of attention to GameDay this year, but I'd imagine the ESPNU part is usually more focused on the school especially when it's not the top matchup of the day since they know the diehards are more likely to watch.

Definitely jealous of current students like you, I would've loved to have this kind of experience as a student.

Last edited:

Called it on twitter (newspaper thing)!

I'm pissed at myself. Got **** hammered last night and forgot to set me alarm. Looked like a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pissed at myself. Got **** hammered last night and forgot to set me alarm. Looked like a great time

haha I know you called it on twitter. I got so freaking lucky. I was out real late set my alarm before I left and apparently I didn't. My eternal gameday clock went off at 6:30 so I rushed over there.

Well I'm two time zones away and I didn't set my alarm even though I meant to. Luckily I got up without a problem and I usually use Saturday as my "catching up on sleep day." My first thought upon waking up was "Has GameDay started."

Well I'm two time zones away and I didn't set my alarm even though I meant to. Luckily I got up without a problem and I usually use Saturday as my "catching up on sleep day." My first thought upon waking up was "Has GameDay started."

You live in the middle of the Pacific Ocean? Weird.

haha I know you called it on twitter. I got so freaking lucky. I was out real late set my alarm before I left and apparently I didn't. My eternal gameday clock went off at 6:30 so I rushed over there.

You live in the middle of the Pacific Ocean? Weird.

As weird as Tini being a pirate or 1414 having some kind of eternal gameday clock? (That clock is gonna get really annoying in another 50 years or so)

Look how short this edition of GameDay is going to be. What I was trying to say, this one getting moved to Durham isn't a big deal, plus they'll probably only show highlights.

Whoever was holding the "Jay Bilas loves Nickelback" sign needs to step forward for rep

Although Bilas deserves some jabbing, the "loves Nickelback" idea is basically a college gameday meme now. Nick Saban and Will Muschamp have also been accused of loving Nickelback several times now.

They just did a 2 minute hit on ESPN from Boulder on "Gameday from Durham." Digger thinks Josh Scott is the key tonight. Digger is pretty high n CO (no pun intended).

They just did a 2 minute hit on ESPN from Boulder on "Gameday from Durham." Digger thinks Josh Scott is the key tonight. Digger is pretty high n CO (no pun intended).

And what a great panoramic view of the Front Range above Boulder. Do we live in the Best Place on Earth or what!

And what a great panoramic view of the Front Range above Boulder. Do we live in the Best Place on Earth or what!
Yeah that was great this AM, seeing all the shots of the mountains. ESPN did a great job capturing all of that IMO.

Back