What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN Gameplan

neil29fp

Club Member
Club Member
Does anybody out of the Colorado region subscribe to ESPN Gameplan? I was thinking of purchasing it in addition to the FSN networks, but at $109 it makes me think about it. I'll probably end up buying it for 2-3 games that I wouldn't get otherwise, i.e. Nebraska.

Does anybody out of the Colorado region subscribe to ESPN Gameplan? I was thinking of purchasing it in addition to the FSN networks, but at $109 it makes me think about it. I'll probably end up buying it for 2-3 games that I wouldn't get otherwise, i.e. Nebraska.

I have the DirecTV sports pack. The only games I don't get are ABC regional games that aren't in the East region.

I have the DirecTV sports pack. The only games I don't get are ABC regional games that aren't in the East region.

Direct TV sports pack worked for me too. I watched 10 of the 13 total games last year from NM. I think there were at least 3 games on regional FSN that I would not have been able to watch without the sports pack.

Direct TV sports pack worked for me too. I watched 10 of the 13 total games last year from NM. I think there were at least 3 games on regional FSN that I would not have been able to watch without the sports pack.

Same here, I had the DirecTV sports package, which includes all the FSN regionals, but I didn't get GamePlan. I think Snakey is right, we only missed 3 games, and 2 of those weren't on TV anywhere, even in CO (Baylor and Miami). I could have gotten the TT game had I subscribed to GamePlan.

Having said all that, I'm planning on getting GamePlan this year because I am expecting CU get more ABC regionals, but even in weeks where CU is on FSN or ESPN, I would still rather get a Big 12 game instead of some ****hole ACC game.

Same here, I had the DirecTV sports package, which includes all the FSN regionals, but I didn't get GamePlan. I think Snakey is right, we only missed 3 games, and 2 of those weren't on TV anywhere, even in CO (Baylor and Miami). I could have gotten the TT game had I subscribed to GamePlan.

Having said all that, I'm planning on getting GamePlan this year because I am expecting CU get more ABC regionals, but even in weeks where CU is on FSN or ESPN, I would still rather get a Big 12 game instead of some ****hole ACC game.

Yeah, I have the sports pack and they said they don't blackout college games. I still might get game plan because I rather follow the Big XII in general or at least tune to the game of most interest. Thanks for your help.

Yeah, I have the sports pack and they said they don't blackout college games. I still might get game plan because I rather follow the Big XII in general or at least tune to the game of most interest. Thanks for your help.

Gameplan is great to do nothing but watch football on Saturdays. Some of the games, especially before conference play, aren't so great, but once conference play starts you generally get every good game. I also suggest going ahead and getting the fox regionals as well. It is only something like $12 a month and you can cancel at any time.

I never missed a televised CU game when I lived out of the area.

I need to call the landlord. Hopefully I can get a dish this year. I'm so tired of comcast.

Anybody out of towners with Dish Network. I'm moving to the Bay Area next month and would like to stay with Dish but if they don't have the same packages as DirectTV I'll have to reconsider.

Anybody out of towners with Dish Network. I'm moving to the Bay Area next month and would like to stay with Dish but if they don't have the same packages as DirectTV I'll have to reconsider.

Welcome to SF. You know where you're living yet?

I get the DirecTV sports pack and do an assessment of CU's schedule every year to determinie whether I want to buy the GamePlan or not. I have been able to buy the GamePlan on a by-week basis at about $15-$20 / Saturday I choose to buy. So, if it looks like CU will have about 5 games or more that I won't get on FSN or nationally, I buy the year's subscription otherwise I just buy the weekend I want. I have yet to have to buy the annual and have not had to pay a cost up to the entire season. I don't know the by-week cost for this year yet though.

If CU isn't on GamePlan on a weekend, no matter how interesting the other match-ups, I don't think it is worth $20 to watch.

I get the DirecTV sports pack and do an assessment of CU's schedule every year to determinie whether I want to buy the GamePlan or not. I have been able to buy the GamePlan on a by-week basis at about $15-$20 / Saturday I choose to buy. So, if it looks like CU will have about 5 games or more that I won't get on FSN or nationally, I buy the year's subscription otherwise I just buy the weekend I want. I have yet to have to buy the annual and have not had to pay a cost up to the entire season. I don't know the by-week cost for this year yet though.

If CU isn't on GamePlan on a weekend, no matter how interesting the other match-ups, I don't think it is worth $20 to watch.

I didn't see anything like that on their site. How do you set that up?

Hey Snakeyman! Were are you in NM? I am in the NE heights of Albuquerque.

I didn't see anything like that on their site. How do you set that up?

Nothing to set up really. I just order as PPV.

Back when I was with a cable network, Time Warner I believe, I would just make a phone call to them each week I wanted the service and they would unblock those channels for the day.

I use DirecTV now and just go online and order PPV for that particular Saturday. I would find the ABC regional coverage map like this...

ESPN Coverage Map.jpg

...and if CU was not in my region I would order it that week.

I order online so it activates all of my receivers. I am afraid that if I do it w/ the remote it will only activate one channel or only one receiver.

So far I have not found a cost for the PPV this year, so during the first week of the season I will do a cost analysis. I will choose the better deal. I guess my risk is losing out on the "early bird" special if they are offering one this year.

Gameplan is great to do nothing but watch football on Saturdays. Some of the games, especially before conference play, aren't so great, but once conference play starts you generally get every good game. I also suggest going ahead and getting the fox regionals as well. It is only something like $12 a month and you can cancel at any time.

:yeahthat:

Nothing better than a college football Saturday with the overwhelming # of games you can get through Gameplan, sports pack, etc. :woot:

Welcome to SF. You know where you're living yet?
Just found a place on the Pleasant Hill / Martinez border, seems like a quiet and nice area.

Can you recommend any good eats in the area. We'll be out after labor day, catching the Buffs/Lambs games here before we leave.

I never missed a televised CU game when I lived out of the area.

Those Fox regionals are part of the sports pak that we have been referring to. And yes, those are vital for some of the CU games. Only thing is, the games on some of the Fox regionals aren't always in HD. Hopefully they've expanded the HD lineup for this coming season.

:yeahthat:

Nothing better than a college football Saturday with the overwhelming # of games you can get through Gameplan, sports pack, etc. :woot:

Hell yea!!!!!!!!
:slayer:

Back