What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN Interview of Rodney Stewart

The UT-CU game in Austin is Hawk's capstone game. If CU beats UT in Royal Memorial, then 13-24 is forgiven. But an other blow-out loss like the 08 Mizzou game or the 2005 CCG would spell and end to sizzle of Hawk's mNC aspirations. A signature win in Austin would be a huge step towards legitimacy, national respect, and that 10 win season we've been promised.

Have to disagree here - one game (and the hardest on the schedule) doth not make a season. Don't forget, in 2001, when CU won the conference and almost playing in the NC Game, they lost @ Austin 41-7. CU can afford to lose the game, its the others that they need to take care of, especially the games vs. the North. Even if CU gets blown out by UT, but are 4-1 at that point, the season will be in great shape.

Beating UT next year would be a miracle. I don't see anybody else on the schedule that is head and shoulders better than us, but UT is. They have talent, depth and experience. Oh, and the game is in Austin.

Beating UT next year would be a miracle. I don't see anybody else on the schedule that is head and shoulders better than us, but UT is. They have talent, depth and experience. Oh, and the game is in Austin.

Zac Robinson and Dez Bryant in Stillwater doesn't exactly have me feeling too confident either. Overall though, I agree that there are not any other teams on the schedule that look definitively better than us right now.

Zac Robinson and Dez Bryant in Stillwater doesn't exactly have me feeling too confident either. Overall though, I agree that there are not any other teams on the schedule that look definitively better than us right now.

Offense wise other than texas and okie state I would agree but the defense is an unknown.

I think kansas and missouri will still give us problems.

Offense wise other than texas and okie state I would agree but the defense is an unknown.

I think kansas and missouri will still give us problems.

I really don't think Mizzou will, I think they take a huge step back, huge!! Kansas will give us a game, but it's here and I think he can take them.

I know, but 4 huge reasons for that are gone. I really think Mizzou was a one QB story and done.

Daniel
Coffman
Maclin
Christiensen

They are losing some studs on D too. Hood, Moore and Sulak. I was hoping Witherspoon would leave too.

yep, most are at home. Hawk actually has had some good games at home, it's the road that has killed him so far.

Hawk is actually 9-8 at home

So 4-16 on the road.:sad1: Guess I should have realized it was that bad, but still.

The North schedule is nice. MU, KU, and NU all at home while we get KSU and ISU. We have our fair share of struggles in Manhattan and Ames, but those two teams will probably be the two worst teams in the entire conference.

Can't never could.

This "head and shoulders" better arguement was applied going into Columbia. The biggest disappoint last season, aside from injuries, was the Mizzou game. CU lost that game at the opening whistle. Everybody knew Mizzou was going to win that game, and they did. They didn't even deserve to be on the field. That was an epic meltdown by the coaching staff and the players.

If Hawkins can pull off a 'miracle' like OU '07, TT '07 or WVU '08, he should be expected to bring his A game to Austin.

If the fans write off the UT game as an automatic loss, it will spread to the players and the coaching staff. It will become a self-fulfilling prophesy, just like Mizzou 08 or the CCG 05.

Mack Brown helped provide an opportunity for Hawkins to get his job. Mack Brown has an opportunity to take it away.

I'm not saying that Hawkins will win at UT, or that a loss in Austin will spell the end of Hawkins. But a blow-out in Austin is simply unacceptible. It would go a long way towards debunking the nMC talk and the 10 win talk. It would be symbolic that CU is just a dwarf from the North, unworthy of the respect CU fans believe to be possible.

8-4 with a UT victory is much better than 10-2 with a UT loss IMO.

8-4 with a UT victory is much better than 10-2 with a UT loss IMO.

BULL****!

CU has only had 7 10 win seasons in it's history. 10-2 and one of those losses to what could be the best team in college football next year, sign me up as happy as **** no complaints if that happens, **** I would take a blowout loss to UT for that!

I'm not saying that Hawkins will win at UT, or that a loss in Austin will spell the end of Hawkins. But a blow-out in Austin is simply unacceptible. It would go a long way towards debunking the nMC talk and the 10 win talk. It would be symbolic that CU is just a dwarf from the North, unworthy of the respect CU fans believe to be possible.

As I stated before, CU's blowout loss @ Austin in 2001 propelled them to a 10 win season, not to mention revenge against UT in the CCG. We can handle losing in Austin.

BULL****!

CU has only had 7 10 win seasons in it's history. 10-2 and one of those losses to what could be the best team in college football next year, sign me up as happy as **** no complaints if that happens, **** I would take a blowout loss to UT for that!

Full disclosure. This will be my 3rd trip to Austin. Austin is one of the last B12 venues where I haven't had the privilege of celebrating a CU victory. The UT fans rub 70-3 in my face and it bugs the **** out of me. As I work in Dallas, there are more than a few Longhorn fans in the area.

I enjoyed the bragging rights between December 2001 and October 2005. But CU isn't even an afterthought to the smughorn faithful post VY. They got their revenge for 2001. UT not only has scoreboard, they have total domination. CU is wearing UT's dirty sanchez, and I am not okay with that. Hawk gets that win in Austin, he is the man! He has arrived as a top B12 coach. I'll be eternally greatful for being able to cross UT off the B12 victory tour list for once and for all.

In this case, it's not just about the number of victories. It's personal. It's revenge. A karmic bitch slap to UT's face is poetic justice that is long over due. It's about the quality of victory. CU 70 - UT 3 would be a start. Then beat 'em again in the CCG. 14-0 baby!

If they know they are going to win, and we know they are going to win, why even bother making the 1200 mile trip? Let's just join the mountain weenie conference now. Sheesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Full disclosure. This will be my 3rd trip to Austin. Austin is one of the last B12 venues where I haven't had the privilege of celebrating a CU victory. The UT fans rub 70-3 in my face and it bugs the **** out of me. As I work in Dallas, there are more than a few Longhorn fans in the area.

I enjoyed the bragging rights between December 2001 and October 2005. But CU isn't even an afterthought to the smughorn faithful post VY. They got their revenge for 2001. UT not only has scoreboard, they have total domination. CU is wearing UT's dirty sanchez, and I am not okay with that. Hawk gets that win in Austin, he is the man! He has arrived as a top B12 coach. I'll be eternally greatful for being able to cross UT off the B12 victory tour list for once and for all.

In this case, it's not just about the number of victories. It's personal. It's revenge. A karmic bitch slap to UT's face is poetic justice that is long over due. It's about the quality of victory. CU 70 - UT 3 would be a start. Then beat 'em again in the CCG. 14-0 baby!

If they know they are going to win, and we know they are going to win, why even bother making the 1200 mile trip? Let's just join the mountain weenie conference now. Sheesh.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but Texas might be the best team in the country next year, CU wont be close to that. It's not being a weenie, it's reality. I would be thrilled to have 10 wins and one of your two losses be to a national champion contender. I just think it's pretty silly that you would accept an 8-4 year with a win over UT over a 10-2 season and a loss to Ut .:huh:

Me personally, I would be happy with a 10 win season and a victroy over Nebraska.

Last edited:
Leash - Get your butt down to Austin for the game this season. We can discuss this further while in the bleachers.

If you haven't seen the Buffs lose in Austin, then you really don't understand. My arguement isn't logical. It defies simple math.

I can't come close to describing how thrilling it would be to sucka punch the whorns in their house, during Darrell Scott's one and only Austin appearance.

Seriously, come on down. I'll show you what I mean. Get your head out of the stats and live this one.

Leash - Get your butt down to Austin for the game this season. We can discuss this further while in the bleachers.

If you haven't seen the Buffs lose in Austin, then you really don't understand. My arguement isn't logical. It defies simple math.

I can't come close to describing how thrilling it would be to sucka punch the whorns in their house, during Darrell Scott's one and only Austin appearance.

Seriously, come on down. I'll show you what I mean. Get your head out of the stats and live this one.

I would love to beat the whorns

I would love to beat the whorns

Hell Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!

1) Rodney, is a winner. It's great to see him in a Buffs uniform and on the mend.
2) Darrell Scott is going to rush for 100 yards and 1 TD against the 'horns.
3) Rodney is going to rush for 125 yards and three TDs against the horns.
4) The Buffs that beat WVU, #3 OU, and TT on the road are going to show up.
5) A Mizzou 08 style blow out is unacceptable and will never ever happen again on Hawkin's watch.
6) CU has ruined UT's mNC aspirations before, without Speedy touching the ball. Play that 2001 CCG tape and just watch the Buffs mess with Texas.
7) Several hundred loyal CU fans in the stadium and thousands on TV will be amazed by Speedy, and will be celebrating that signature road win. Erin Andrews will want Speedy to buy her a Margarita after she interviews him.
8) Rodney Stewart makes Chuck Norris shiver like a frightened school girl.

Whatdya mean it's not logical? You stated that we're wearin' their dirty sanchez! I'd rather only win one game, as long is it erased teh **** stain from our collective upper lips. That's pretty logical to me.

This will probably Griffins only real article about a CU athlete all year. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The man is a hack!

Back