1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

espn re: sec expansion

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Liver, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5279963

sorry if this a repost...

sources say the sec wants ou and ut as first choices (their first choice is not to raid the acc). ...says they don't think they can pull texas so that's why they are gunning for atm. also, says that ou is thinking about standing pat if ut will do so too and to rebuild the b12.

if the texas cabal doesn't come en masse to the p10, then i think the pac will just pull utah or ku and stop at 12.

if atm goes to the sec, then i think all the rest of the texas cabal will come to the pac, except that either utah or ku will replace atm in the equation rather than baylor or some other texas school.

i like either of these possibilities better than us with the texas 5.

interesting times...

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

ESPN update Sat, SEC covets UT, OU. OU looking at all options

Interesting nuggets here.

Okay, not surprising.
    Hmm...

Still think this is the best option for Kansas and a great pickup for SEC. Pairing UK basketball would give that league a nice bump.

YES, YES, YES.. Keep these guys together. :thumbsup:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5279963

3. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Keeping the remaining of the Big 12 together would be fine bt me, then just go after Utah!

4. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

IF the Big 12 south goes to the SEC, then what about Utah-Kansas-Missouri to the Pac?

5. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

The fewer Texans in the Pac, the better. I wouldn't mind UT. Everyone else can petition the WAC:lol:

6. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Here's the question, what does the TV deal look like, per team, if we go P12 with Utah or Kansas and the B12 reforms with UT et al? Will it be competitive with the SEC, B10+, and B12ish?

7. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

With the Pac 10-12 network it would be equal or better. There wouldn't be any Big 12 network.

8. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

Likely millions less without UT and Co.

Sticky situation -- a TRUE Pac-10 expansion of Pac-like teams in CU and Utah... or a TV bonanza where the Pac-10 turns into the Big-Pac conference and Texas and Co. have a ton of power, but every school gets $20-$25 million a year.

Hmm...

9. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

I say we go for Utah. Then later in a few years if the SEC, the Big 10 (er 12) or ACC also expand to more than 12 teams then the Pac-11 should take OU, OSU, UT and aTm (or TT) only into a new PAC-West. The less texa@$$ schools influencing the conference the better.