What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN Report: Wake Forest to hire Bzdelik

I've already committed to throwing my substantial influence in this search behind Dunlap due to my recent conversion to Costanzianism, but you guys pitching Kruger have an intriguing argument.

Wellman better be worried about his job at this point, because if Bzdelik doesn't produce big time, they both will be out the door (but at least Bzdelik will have NBA connections)

just to clear things up, Wake doesn't have to pay the buyout, it comes out of BZ's pocket. Now if Wake gives the money to Jeff, or that is part of his contract that is another story.

How come schools dont have to ask permission before they start talking to coaches under contract with another school? He told Bohn after they had already contacted Bz right?

How come schools dont have to ask permission before they start talking to coaches under contract with another school? He told Bohn after they had already contacted Bz right?

They aren't required to, but it is common courtesy to do so. I hear this is what Bohn is the most pissed about of the whole scenario.

Bohn just bought himself a ton of goodwill with CU supporters. Actually, he didn't buy it, it was gift wrapped for him and presented on a silver platter.

The bottom line, for me, is that Bohn can choose between three pretty good candidates and he won't get a ton of flak for hiring any one of them. So long as he doesn't go out and do something amazingly stupid, Bohn is in the proverbial catbird seat right now.

just to clear things up, Wake doesn't have to pay the buyout, it comes out of BZ's pocket. Now if Wake gives the money to Jeff, or that is part of his contract that is another story.

Wellman declined to disclose the new coach's salary or the length of his contract, but said Bzdelik would be responsible for handling the $500,000 buyout clause in his contract.
"We do not pay buyouts, no," Wellman said.

Like it matters.

Wake will pay Bz a $500k signing bonus and Bz will sign that check over to CU. Wellman can act all high and mighty that he didn't pay a buyout even though he did.

I hope Bz's new contract is mostly based on performance, and the 500k comes mostly out of his pocket after he is dropped next year.

Bohn just bought himself a ton of goodwill with CU supporters. Actually, he didn't buy it, it was gift wrapped for him and presented on a silver platter.

The bottom line, for me, is that Bohn can choose between three pretty good candidates and he won't get a ton of flak for hiring any one of them. So long as he doesn't go out and do something amazingly stupid, Bohn is in the proverbial catbird seat right now.

I gotta agree with you there, not excited about Boyle in the least, but can't go wrong with anyone else.

I gotta agree with you there, not excited about Boyle in the least, but can't go wrong with anyone else.

I actually played for Coach Boyle when he was a high school coach. He's a good man and a very good coach. If he can coach me to have some modicum of success, he can coach a paper bag to be successful. Trust me, he'd be a good hire.

I've already committed to throwing my substantial influence in this search behind Dunlap due to my recent conversion to Costanzianism, but you guys pitching Kruger have an intriguing argument.

:lol: Try not to beat yourself up to much Stamp. A lot of us wanted around here wanted Bzz to. :smile2:

I actually played for Coach Boyle when he was a high school coach. He's a good man and a very good coach. If he can coach me to have some modicum of success, he can coach a paper bag to be successful. Trust me, he'd be a good hire.

he just hasn't exactly lit it up in the Big Sky conference. I'm not saying he isn't a good coach, but the big 12 is a nasty animal and you better be prepared for it. At least Dunlap has coached in the PAC:10 and Bennett has been to the dance.

Bozeman has some good on the court results, but he would get eaten alive by the Denver media.

he just hasn't exactly lit it up in the Big Sky conference. I'm not saying he isn't a good coach, but the big 12 is a nasty animal and you better be prepared for it. At least Dunlap has coached in the PAC:10 and Bennett has been to the dance.

Boyle coached at U of Oregon as an assistant, so he has the Pac 10 experience. He's coached at Wichita State under Mark Turgeon as lead assistant, and then went to UNC. UNC was a dead-end, and he just coached the team to their best season in school history. By the way, his team also whooped CU in a pre-season scrimmage (and which, ironically, would give him some credibility in players' eyes). I'm not denying you that the Big 12 is tough, but Coach Boyle can get the job done.

Boyle coached at U of Oregon as an assistant, so he has the Pac 10 experience. He's coached at Wichita State under Mark Turgeon as lead assistant, and then went to UNC. UNC was a dead-end, and he just coached the team to their best season in school history. By the way, his team also whooped CU in a pre-season scrimmage (and which, ironically, would give him some credibility in players' eyes). I'm not denying you that the Big 12 is tough, but Coach Boyle can get the job done.

interesting didn't know he was at Oregon, still doesn't change my opinion of him as my 3rd choice though.

lon kruger tomorrow

There is absolutely no way Lon Kruger even considers a move to CU in my opinion. UNLV to CU is a huge step down. The Big 12 Conference is stronger - but in terms of support, facilities, and overall program perception - CU isn't even close to UNLV. Throw in a $500,000 dollar buyout provision in Kruger's contract if he leaves for another program and I think it is safe to say CU will be looking at other options.

There is absolutely no way Lon Kruger even considers a move to CU in my opinion. UNLV to CU is a huge step down. The Big 12 Conference is stronger - but in terms of support, facilities, and overall program perception - CU isn't even close to UNLV. Throw in a $500,000 dollar buyout provision in Kruger's contract if he leaves for another program and I think it is safe to say CU will be looking at other options.
You have such great vision. :smile2:

splash-bzdelik-hiring.jpg

hmmm. I know why Bzz doesn't mind paying the buyout. He doesn't have to buy new ties to match the school colors.

I'm hardly a bigtime Christer, but Demon Deacons has always seemed like a weird combo to me. Demons, Deacons? wth.

Back