What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN: Source says CU has Pac-10 invite

NashBuff

CSU Knob-Slobberer
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5270048

Sorry if this has been posted...but like the LA Times article, CU seems like they are the Pac-10's #1 choice not those puke orange cows! :smile2:

I bet OrangeBloods are up in arms! :lol:

I know I have posted quite a few threads and I don't mean to be hogging the fun but it sure has been fun (even clashing over CU in the MWC :lol: )

GO BUFFS!

Best part about this is the Corn gets to take the heat for screwing over KU/KSU/ISU (screw Baylor). I'm sorry Senator, we were committed to making it work but those meanies over there in Nebraska...you know the ones who didn't want to pitch in for their fair share on healthcare...yeah they were the ones who started the thermonuclear option. We were just defending our interests after it was clear things weren't going to work out, lol. :)

Best part about this is the Corn gets to take the heat for screwing over KU/KSU/ISU (screw Baylor). I'm sorry Senator, we were committed to making it work but those meanies over there in Nebraska...you know the ones who didn't want to pitch in for their fair share on healthcare...yeah they were the ones who started the thermonuclear option. We were just defending our interests after it was clear things weren't going to work out, lol. :)

Another best part, assuming this is accurate, is that someone other than that dilweed at Orangebloods broke the story.

God, please let Texas feel slighted and not like that they dont have total control... With any luck they will decline and form their own Conference of Texas teams and CU and Utah can join the Pac. Would much rather go to trips out west than roadies down in Texas and the sticks with the hicks.

Another best part, assuming this is accurate, is that someone other than that dilweed at Orangebloods broke the story.

He was on ESPN radio in Dallas this evening, and he was way too busy to waste his time on Dallas radio....he spent all of 3 minutes spewing his trash. The national media was calling, after all...

The Pac 10 knows that CU will join, for sure. With 'braska jumping to the Big 10, if CU joins the Pac 10, the dominos will begin to fall. Texas' hope of keeping the Big XII in tact will be gone and they will have little choice but to join the Pac 10 unless they join another conference or re-organize the Big XII, both highly doubtful scenarios. So, the Pac 10 would be smart to go for CU first.

:dance::dance::dance:

An actual ESPN article...even if from nameless source. But I'm liking it. Especially being first with an invite! Mwuahahaha!! :smile2:

One thing that I don't care for all that much is the scenario where the conference has two BCS invites and there would be no championship game. What's the point of having a conference if there is no champion crowned?

Sounds like Mizzou is not going to the BigX so this may be good for us. If only NU and CU is leaving then Texas can try and salvage the Big12 with TCU and one more. Then CU and Utah can do the Pac while NU goes to the X alone. I don't buy all this 16 team conference stuff yet!

Sounds like Mizzou is not going to the BigX so this may be good for us. If only NU and CU is leaving then Texas can try and salvage the Big12 with TCU and one more. Then CU and Utah can do the Pac while NU goes to the X alone. I don't buy all this 16 team conference stuff yet!

There was talk of Air Force, but I don't see it in this scenario. Between CU and Nebraska, the two teams that have probably represented the North in 75% of the championships are gone, and there was already an imbalance. However, if they took two Texas teams, say TCU and SMU, and moved the Okie schools to the North, that would actually create a fair amount of parity.

Of course all reports are that Texas was planning to secede from the B12 union if NU bolted.

There was talk of Air Force, but I don't see it in this scenario. Between CU and Nebraska, the two teams that have probably represented the North in 75% of the championships are gone, and there was already an imbalance. However, if they took two Texas teams, say TCU and SMU, and moved the Okie schools to the North, that would actually create a fair amount of parity.

Of course all reports are that Texas was planning to secede from the B12 union if NU bolted.

That's the thing though, if it is just NU and CU they can find two schools to replace that and still chug along and run the conference even more so as it shifts even more to being texas-centric. It is either that or let the Pac try and tell you what to do. It just makes too much sense for them to keep all their money and not share it with the PAC.

If we have an invite already, as this article implies.... what is preventing CU from accepting right away and letting everything else figure itself out?

If we have an invite already, as this article implies.... what is preventing CU from accepting right away and letting everything else figure itself out?

Ask Nebraska. Since they apparently have the invite in hand as well, yet no peep out of Lincoln.

That is why I trust NONE of this, and I will believe it when I see it. Rumors and claims are flying around everywhere right now.

My only thought is that CU and kNU are holding onto the invites in hopes that we can negotiate revenue sharing and some other perks in the B12.

The more likely scenario is that no one has a real invite, and lots of people have been told lots of things.

Probably figuring out a way to get out of paying penalties. Why do you think they met with lawyers last night?

Bohn knows CU isn't a fit for the dysfunctional Big 12 anymore. I didn't want to believe that but last week pretty much told me this conference isn't going to make it with the poor leadership at the top and bickering members.

"The coach said it's possible the Pac-16 would push for two automatic bids to the BCS, one for each division champion. That potential bonanza could open the possibility of the two division champs from one league playing for the national title, and it would eliminate the need for a conference championship game.

"The Pac-10 doesn't believe in a championship game," the coach said. "And coaches in the Big 12 don't like it anyway.""

A Pac-16 with no championship game? Two auto BCS berths instead?

That would be interesting.

"The coach said it's possible the Pac-16 would push for two automatic bids to the BCS, one for each division champion. That potential bonanza could open the possibility of the two division champs from one league playing for the national title, and it would eliminate the need for a conference championship game.

"The Pac-10 doesn't believe in a championship game," the coach said. "And coaches in the Big 12 don't like it anyway.""

Would be totally awesome.

I am sure the SEC would have no problem with that proposal...

This doesn't sound like a bad idea because the CCG's don't necessarily give you a true conference champion anyway. The real way to determine a true conference champ is for every team to play a full conference schedule, which of course isn't possible in a 12 or 16-team conference.

As for UT, A&M and the others, they have no choice but to accept the Pac invite because they won't have any other options, unless of course the SEC suddenly steps up and wants UT/A&M, and possibly OU/OSU to join.

Two BCS spots for one conference is stupid. Just play a championship game. I don't see the problem in that.

This doesn't sound like a bad idea because the CCG's don't necessarily give you a true conference champion anyway. The real way to determine a true conference champ is for every team to play a full conference schedule, which of course isn't possible in a 12 or 16-team conference.

The real way to crown a true conference champion is to have all teams play each other in a home and home every season. Not feasible, I know.

I think (hope?) that was a big bluff on the part of UT. They want desperately to save the B12, and I really don't think they like the idea of being in a conference that they don't completely control. All this garbage from Dodds about "We didn't start this, but we'll finish it", is just a bunch of hot air. When push comes to shove, he has to not only convince his own school to make the move, but four others as well. As was pointed out, Aggie doesn't seem to be too interested in joining the Pac. OSU and Tech will go along with whatever, but OU could find their way into the SEC if they play their cards right. I don't get the impression that the dirt burglars are too keen on the Pac, either. CU will go with or without Texass, and that, more than anything else, really irks them.

If you're the Pac 10, one advantage of taking just Utah and CU is that it will likely decimate the MWC, and ruin their chances of a BCS auto-bid. If the Pac swipes Utah, and the Big XII decides to stay together to replace NU and CU with BYU and TCU, suddenly the 3 best MWC teams are gone, and the Pac 12 remains as the only BCS conference west of the Rockies.

Machiavellian, I realize, but something to think about....

The real way to determine a true conference champ is for every team to play a full conference schedule, which of course isn't possible in a 12 or 16-team conference..

As the system is setup right now, anyway. If we are coming into the age of the super-conference, who knows how scheduling will work in the future. I can see a scenario where there no longer is out of conference play except in bowl games.

This doesn't sound like a bad idea because the CCG's don't necessarily give you a true conference champion anyway.

And remember that on at least two occasions, the team that played for a national championship DID NOT win their conference (see Nebraska in 2001 and OU in 2003).

If you're the Pac 10, one advantage of taking just Utah and CU is that it will likely decimate the MWC, and ruin their chances of a BCS auto-bid. If the Pac swipes Utah, and the Big XII decides to stay together to replace NU and CU with BYU and TCU, suddenly the 3 best MWC teams are gone, and the Pac 12 remains as the only BCS conference west of the Rockies.

Machiavellian, I realize, but something to think about....

there's a lot at stake here, too much to play nice. I could see it.

From what I've seen is that the Pac doesn't want Baylor (duh). So one way of getting rid with the whole "it's all TX schools or none" is to take CU first, let them except, then invite the TX 3 + OK^2. This assures that Baylor can't bump CU from the Pac-XX because CU will already be a member when they invite the other 5 schools.

Back