What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN2's "First and 10" should be interesting tomorrow

I'm more miffed at VCU getting in.

They actually had a top 50 win or two. Something UAB and Clemson can't say.

I don't know how you select teams for a tournament that haven't shown over the course of 30+ games that they are capable of beating tournament-quality teams. Can someone please explain how any criteria could be more important than that?

And if we played them now we would beat 'em. That's the point.
I dunno if that's true dbt. CU played up and down to it's competition all year. I've been on teams like that before, and it is hard to shake. You do remember us losing to ISU a few games ago, right? USF pretty much on par with ISU. ISU licks the tapir's taint.

And if we played them now we would beat 'em. That's the point.

Exactly. East Carolina (neutral) was a worse loss than Harvard (road) or San Francisco (road). It also happened this week, not in 2010.

Exactly. East Carolina (neutral) was a worse loss than Harvard (road) or San Francisco (road). It also happened this week, not in 2010.

Doesn't matter. All that matters is what CU did, not what anyone else did. This is valdez's world after all.

I dunno if that's true dbt. CU played up and down to it's competition all year. I've been on teams like that before, and it is hard to shake. You do remember us losing to ISU a few games ago, right? USF pretty much on par with ISU. ISU licks the tapir's taint.

In think we were really coming into our own at the end and deserved a shot at the NCAA

And somehow UGA ended up with a 10 seed in the tourney. No?

Hell, man, they beat a Colorado team that won over 20 games, finished ahead of Missouri in conference play (5th overall), made the Big 12 semis, and beat 5-seed Kansas State 3 times. No way the committee could overlook a 9 point home win over a team like that in the first week of the season.

Hell, man, they beat a Colorado team that won over 20 games, finished ahead of Missouri in conference play (5th overall), made the Big 12 semis, and beat 5-seed Kansas State 3 times. No way the committee could overlook a 9 point home win over a team like that in the first week of the season.
Didn't we tie Mizzou for the fifth spot?

Like I said earlier, I'm upset CU didn't get in. I just don't see the point in blaming everyone but ourselves for how things turned out. CU knew how important the ISU game was in Ames, yet they still **** the bed. Same thing in San Fran. And dont get me started on the losses to OU and Nebraska. :pissed:
Well considering that a conference tourney win on the road against the #2 team in the nation would have just barely put us in at #11 or maybe #10 if we were lucky, I don't really know that winning in Ames would have made that much of a difference. I suppose it would have been another bad loss off our resume, but something tells me that wasn't going to get us in.

Iowa State has a quality offense. They put up points on many Big 12 teams, including almost winning in Lincoln, and then putting up 80+ in Ames against them. Their defense is an absolute joke, but they are a talented offense who we lost to on senior night. I know our OOC sucked, but if losing to Iowa State on the road is such a travesty, we should get credit for beating Indiana who beat Big 10 conference tourney teams Illinois and Michigan.

Well considering that a conference tourney win on the road against the #2 team in the nation would have just barely put us in at #11 or maybe #10 if we were lucky, I don't really know that winning in Ames would have made that much of a difference. I suppose it would have been another bad loss off our resume, but something tells me that wasn't going to get us in.

Iowa State has a quality offense. They put up points on many Big 12 teams, including almost winning in Lincoln, and then putting up 80+ in Ames against them. Their defense is an absolute joke, but they are a talented offense who we lost to on senior night. I know our OOC sucked, but if losing to Iowa State on the road is such a travesty, we should get credit for beating Indiana who beat Big 10 conference tourney teams Illinois and Michigan.
Good post. People don't talk up the Indiana win much.

Nope, beat KU and we'd have been easy, that would have been a lot better than what Penn State did and they ended up a 10 seed. At the same time this basically said the selection committed cares more that you lost to good teams than if you beat good teams.

:lol3: ahhh man, you crack me up. Why the hate?
You-on-the-internet_You-in-real-life.jpg

Didn't we tie Mizzou for the fifth spot?

Who got the 5th seed in the conference tourney?

As long as I'm bringing this up, here's another fun one.

Texas A&M: 24-8; 2 wins over tourney teams in OOC; 3 seed in Big 12 tourney; lost in semifinal round of tournament

Kansas State: 22-10; 1 win over tourney team in OOC; 4 seed in Big 12 tourney; lost in quarterfinal round of tournament

Texas A&M won on the road at Kansas State 74-66 in their only head-to-head matchup.

Kansas State gets a 5 seed. Texas A&M gets a 7 seed.

:rofl:. This is getting better. And here I thought we were just kididing. You must be pretty pissed. Whats wrong? We are friends here. You can talk valdez, why come looking for a fight tonight?

Edit: I had no idea I was so scary on the internet. I will take this into account with future posts to my bitch.

Last edited:
Nope, beat KU and we'd have been easy, that would have been a lot better than what Penn State did and they ended up a 10 seed. At the same time this basically said the selection committed cares more that you lost to good teams than if you beat good teams.
I agree. I'm just saying that if we weren't in without the KU win, we weren't going to jump much with it. We get in but I'm not sold that we're higher than a 10th seed unless we would have went on to beat Texas in the championship.

I definitely understand the criticisms against us. There are very legitimate arguments as to why we shouldn't have been in the tourney. I'm just not sure anyone can really make a case for several teams that got in. There is a reason not just CU homers are dumbfounded by Colorado being "snubbed," despite their weak OOC. When we double the amount of top 50 rpi wins of some of the bubble teams that got in, there is something silly going on. I understand the idea of scheduling teams OOC, but I'm not really impressed when UAB only beats VCU and then plays sacrificial lamb to Duke.

I applaud the allbuffers for continuing this thread on topic. Rare form guys, rare form.

valdez - I'm right there with you man. All this whining about the committee is getting annoying and childish. I've said in other threads that we have nothing to complain about, because CU did this to themselves. They played their way out of the tournament at one point, and then they played themselves back onto the bubble. Instead of the bubble, you win at Baylor or that TAMU game, perhaps we're dancing (Georgia would have helped a lot too). ****, even taking off the USF or ISU loss and maybe we're dancing.

EVERY YEAR TEAMS GET HOSED! That bull**** thread about firing Bohn that thankfully got deleted, and blaming Beebe is absolutely ridiculous. Yes, this year, CU has a very legitimate gripe about not making it, but so what? This happens every year, and every year, my thinking is the same - make sure you're NOT on the damn bubble then. Play like you don't just want to slip into the tournament, play like you belong there.

This was a great year for CU hoops, one that I'll always remember - particularly saying goodbye to Higgins and Knutson. I love this team perhaps more than any other CU team to come through...but let's face it, they failed to make the NCAA. Let's stop complaining like a bunch of schoolgirls now - stop with the conspiracy theories and start booking flights to NYC. There's still a lot of bball to be played and pride to play for. Let's go.

Back