What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN2's "First and 10" should be interesting tomorrow

dymeduke, I'll agree that we can kick ourselves for a number of losses, but that aside we still stack up very favorably compared at least 3 or 4 other teams that made it in. The case for us to be in the dance is very strong to put it mildly. I agree that there's no conspiracy theories going on here, if anything I just think the committee is made up of completely the wrong types of people. It doesn't necessarily have to be X's and O's basketball players but at least people who live this stuff like Lunardi. There's no way these people with high profile jobs as AD's and conference commissioners can devote much time to this effort, even in the week preceding the selection show that they gather together to do all this.

FWIW, we go some more love on Mike and Mike this morning.

What is hard for me is that this team was improving at the end of the year. We were playing very well. I thought that was always one of the most important criteria for the selection douches.

I love the Buffs. My wife and I attended countless games through the years. I want nothing more than to see them do well. I just don't agree with the "we got hosed" comments that are going around. CU has no one to blame but themselves. How many teams do you know of that get the the dance winning only two conference road games?

I still believe the NCAA is ruining the Dance by bringing in weaker teams. There are nineteen teams with 10 loss records in the tourney. It's a disgrace.

Michigan State = 2 road wins in conference
Penn State = 3 road wins in conference
Illinois = 2 road wins in conference
Michigan = 3 road wins in conference
Villinova = 3 road wins in conference
Marquette = 3 road wins
UConn = 3 road wins

do you really think a win at Iowa State or Oklahoma would have clinched it for us? That is absolutely laughable.

Marquette = 3 road wins
UConn = 3 road wins

do you really think a win at Iowa State or Oklahoma would have clinched it for us? That is absolutely laughable.

not sure about either of those games but if we win the SF game and dont blow a 14 point lead to bailor we are in for certain.

not sure about either of those games but if we win the SF game and dont blow a 14 point lead to bailor we are in for certain.

I wish I can believe that, but we don't know for sure because we have no idea what the criteria was and why we were left out. All the selection committee has said is that we didn't have the votes. So apparently they thought this was American Idol and not basketball.

Some people here really don't understand what "at large" should mean? Give me a break. Stop talking about how we don't deserve to be in, that's ridiculous. If you are simply better than 4+ teams in EVERY SINGLE category which are already in dance, you should be in. It's not about who we lost. They have worse loss than us.

We are not whining, we are looking for justice. We are not trying to say buffs should be in over cats. No, we have TRIPLE wins over them but they have better resume. What we are saying is simple, there are at least five teams worse than us in MOST CATEGORY. Not one, not two, not three, not four, AT LEAST five!

Is it really that hard to understand?

Marquette = 3 road wins
UConn = 3 road wins

I stand corrected on the road wins tante. And I don't think one win would've "clinched" anything. Multiple things doomed our Buffs.

I stand corrected on the road wins tante. And I don't think one win would've "clinched" anything. Multiple things doomed our Buffs.
If we had not lost any of our OOC I think we would have had a 99% chance to go dancing. But if the committee was determined to take only 5 Big 12 teams then it wouldn't have mattered.

And if CSU doesn't lose to us, and beats BYU and San Diego St a couple times and doesn't drop a game to New Mexico, they might be in too.

The fact of the matter is that the games we won amount to more than the games that teams like VCU, UAB, U$C and Clemson won, and those teams did get in the tournament.

It is pretty easy to exclude a team with an 8-8 conference record. There was history on the NCAA's side in that regard. Since the Big 12 started, only Texas A&M (2006/2007) has received an NCAA tournament invitation with an 8-8 record.

A 10-6 (or better) CU conference record would have guaranteed an NCAA tournament invite.

It is pretty easy to exclude a team with an 8-8 conference record. There was history on the NCAA's side in that regard. Since the Big 12 started, only Texas A&M (2006/2007) has received an NCAA tournament invitation with an 8-8 record.

A 10-6 (or better) CU conference record would have guaranteed an NCAA tournament invite.

Missouri had an 8-8 record in the Big 12 this year. They're in.

Four teams from the Big 10 went 9-9 in conference play. They're all in.

I'm not buying your argument. Historically, it makes sense. But not this year. (Other than the point that CU would have been in with a 10-6 conference record.)

So the irony here is this is really no different than the BCS. At large tournament selection is based on certain criteria that is applicable, but there is no concrete formula that says you get in or miss out. It is basically decided by 10 dudes in a room with their own emotions, biases, criteria etc. This system is just as broke. People can argue about Colorado's case, but it sure does seem eye opening that every freaking analyst and basketball guru not only was shocked that Colorado didn't get in, but most were outright disgusted by the snub.

I love the Buffs. My wife and I attended countless games through the years. I want nothing more than to see them do well. I just don't agree with the "we got hosed" comments that are going around. CU has no one to blame but themselves. How many teams do you know of that get the the dance winning only two conference road games?

I still believe the NCAA is ruining the Dance by bringing in weaker teams. There are nineteen teams with 10 loss records in the tourney. It's a disgrace.

Well Clemson won 2 road conference games and had no RPI top 50 wins and they are in.

and what are those multiple things? that is what our problem is, we don't know why we weren't selected except we didn't get the votes. So WHY didn't we get the votes.

Missouri had an 8-8 record in the Big 12 this year. They're in.

Four teams from the Big 10 went 9-9 in conference play. They're all in.

I'm not buying your argument. Historically, it makes sense. But not this year. (Other than the point that CU would have been in with a 10-6 conference record.)

That is a good point - and leads credibility to just how political the selection process really is.

For as much as everyone talks about the RPI and so forth, the fact of the matter is - NO ONE has any idea what goes into the selection / seeding process, other than those people who are part of the selection committee.

That is a good point - and leads credibility to just how political the selection process really is.

For as much as everyone talks about the RPI and so forth, the fact of the matter is - NO ONE has any idea what goes into the selection / seeding process, other than those people who are part of the selection committee.

agreed, so that cbs nerd who had us out in his projection. How the hell did he know? inside info? if his computer model told him that our numbers didn't work, then publish the f'ing formula so we can exploit it.

agreed, so that cbs nerd who had us out in his projection. How the hell did he know? inside info? if his computer model told him that our numbers didn't work, then publish the f'ing formula so we can exploit it.

He wasn't perfect....He had us as the 70th team (last 2 out).....but had USC & UAB both 3- 4 notches behind us....so he even was fairly off this year in the grand scheme of things

He wasn't perfect....He had us as the 70th team (last 2 out).....but had USC & UAB both 3- 4 notches behind us....so he even was fairly off this year in the grand scheme of things

interesting, I didn't know that. great post.

Back