1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN's bias is going too far

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by virginiabuff, Jul 1, 2008.

1. virginiabuff

virginiabuff New Member

This article was written yesterday. It has the top 10 hardest schedules in the nation. Colorado "just miss the cut" with Virginia?:confused: Also, look at number 8, East Carolina, which play Virginia Tech, then West Virginia, followed by the POWERHOUSE N.C. State :wow: and Virginia :wow:? Can anyone explain any logic to ESPNs thought process?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3467518&name=feldman_bruce

RalphieMalph likes this.
  2. virginiabuff

virginiabuff New Member

Another article about the masked raider. Half way through the article "You can have Bevo (Texas), Reveille (Texas A&M), the Sooner Schooner (Oklahoma) or Willie the Wildcat (Kansas State) on his motorcycle. But there's something about the charge of the Masked Rider before the Red Raiders take the field for each home game that sets this tradition apart." Yet no mention of the largest mascot in college football, it just keeps getting worst. Doesn't Bevo just stand, eating grass through the entire game?:puke::pissed:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3460419

3. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Presumably he also takes craps.

4. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Settle down. It's a columnist's blog. They're entitled to their opinions, aren't they?

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Only when they agree with me. Otherwise, they're idots.

6. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

I can go with that. Doesn't mean they have an unfair bias, though. They're simply wrong.

7. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

He says Notre Dame will be ranked when they go to Washington... I think that says all you need to say about the columnist's intelligence and bias.

8. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Yeah, he's an idot. If yer really irked, send an email and straighten him out.

9. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Or don't pay attention to him. Sending e-mails just tells ESPN that people are reading him and he's getting a rise out of them.

10. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

Kinda like Mark Kiszla? Cause I've torn him a new asshole so many times.

11. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

I've only come after Kiszla once (following his infinitely horrific article about JR Smith's car accident), but there was a stretch of time a few years ago in which I'd send an angry email to Bill Williamson at least 2 or 3 times a week. Good lord that guy sucked.

12. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. Have you looked at their schedule? It's hardly daunting, and as much as I hate to say it, they're gonna be a better team this year.

13. virginiabuff

virginiabuff New Member

I'm still amazed how ND is able to recruit so well. I mean even after two miserable seasons, they can still recruit based on their reputation :confused:

14. The Guest

The Guest Guest

They've got a movie.

15. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

They'll be rank allright!

16. sackman

:bang:

We go through this every year. ND starts the year ranked. If they win their first game, they immediately jump up about 10 places. If they lose, they stay right where they were. If they win their second game, we start hearing about how they are a legitimate contender for the MNC. If they lose both of their first two games, we start hearing about how great their recruiting class is.

Same script, different year.

17. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

When your reputation is being arguably the most recognizable college football program of all-time and you offer a stellar academic opportunity, it's not too hard to recruit.

18. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

It's also easy to have a great recruiting class when any kid you offer automatically gets 5 stars from the recruiting services! :lol:

19. CarolinaBuff

They won't start the season ranked, but you can guarantee they'll be ranked if they get off to a quick start after 2 or 3 games. :sad1:

20. sackman

One of the preseason mags has them ranked 25. We were discussing it a week or so ago. It's ludicrous.

21. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Thereby justifying his income. Silence is golden. Oh, and if someone asks if you read so and so you say who? :smile2:

22. RalphieMalph

They also have a reputation for having a campus that's not only relatively boring, but also located smack dab in the middle of one of America's most expansive armpits. Yuck.

23. The Guest

The Guest Guest

South Bend sucks. The last time I drove through South Bend, the old car plant (Studebaker I think) was still there...crumbling urban decay. It kinda looked like a batman movie set. But then again, nebraska had no problem recruiting for about forty years...lincoln ain't no picnic either.

When I think back to my big decision regarding which college to attend, I didn't think enough about lifestyle and location, because I was a stupid 18 year old kid who only knew/understood rural Oregon. I initially spent two miserable years at Purdue before coming to my senses and transferring to CU (1990...just in time for the championship season). It's quite possible that these football recruits don't think enough about lifestyle either.

24. virginiabuff

virginiabuff New Member

Lincoln REALLY Sucks. I went to school there for 2 years (NOT UNL!), and only in Lincoln can you have the "fancy" mall in the middle of a corn field. I s%$^ you not.

25. RalphieMalph

Knebraska wouldn't have had such luck recruiting if they weren't sliding mouth breathers and knuckle draggers through their university in ways that no one else could. Great at running into people but unable to read a book? Lincolin in the 80's was your kind of place!

BTW, I considered going to Purdue myself, but I write that thought off to just being a hangover from my childhood fandom for Rod Woodson.

26. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Some of us had to learn the unfortunate truth about the midwest through experience. I'm a better man for it, but I wouldn't repeat my time at Purdue in a million years.

27. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

Hey I would take a scholy degree from ND and a chance to play for the Irish. Their tradition is amazing - which one of us would turn that down??? Unfortunately I am old and lack ability, talent and brains.

That said I don't like 'em but that Steele guy picks them pretty high this year. It seems there is a media line to kiss their as&es already.

28. sackman

I can think of about 50 schools I'd go to before Neuter Dumb. If I got an offer from CU, UT, A&M, OU, Mizzou, Any Pac 10 team, Any SEC team except Mississippi State, Any Big 10 team, Any ACC team and a handful of Big East schools, I'd turn down ND flat. Honestly, what do they have to offer? Mediocre football in a crap setting. Yeah, count me in.

So I guess if they were the only school to offer, I'd go.

29. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

The 'Fighting Irish' is an antequated and unfortunate school mascot that perpetuates the myth that lepprichans are capable of kicking ass.

A more appropriate school mascot would be The Pandering Catholics or the Peacock Network Whores.

30. CarolinaBuff

Yea, Steele has them ranked 18th preseason, but keep in mind that Steele's ranking's are based on where he thinks teams will finish, therefore schedules play a big part in his rankings, and ND has an easy schedule this year. :sad1:

What I don't get is with all this PC bull**** out there, why the real true Irish people aren't complaining like all the Native Americans are about mascots. I think it'd be hilarious if the bastards has to change their nickname. :lol: