1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN's Intra-Conference Rankings

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Bornabuff, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Bornabuff

Bornabuff Club Member Club Member

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  2. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

3. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

What part are you not sure about?

If you're referring to CU at 9th in the Big 12, I'd say numbers 5-9 are pretty close at this point based on what they've done so far.

4. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

We played kinda bad against a 1aa team and have played less games in total. Obviously we're not going to be too high in arbitrary rankings of a league where everyone is undefeated or has a winning record.

5. Bornabuff

I guess it's not that I am not sure, just that I don't agree. At this point in the season I will concede that 5-9 are close, I just have a hard time seeing CU rated at 9 when we beat both Texas Tech and FNU last year. I also think it's a little premature to claim that FNU is back.

By the way the Question mark on the thread title was a mistake.

6. 14ers4me

14ers4me Member

They have every opportunity to move up in those rankings if they take care of business. No way kNu should be two spots above CU, though, based on what they did last year and who they've played this year. Again, take care of business and that will work itself out.

7. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

:yeahthat: I think we are definitely better than the #9 team in the Big XII, but it's pretty hard to make a really strong argument any direction at this point.

OTOH, I'll bet aggy is very, very happy to see aTm ranked behind Baylor... :lol:

8. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

9. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Last year is last year and means nothing now. We also lost to KSU & ISU last year. Do you want them to factor that in?

It's much too early to worry about rankings, especially ones that are even more irrelevant than the national ones. The Buffs need to earn respect this year and I expect that to start on Thursday.

10. BuffFan

BuffFan Member

I agree 6 thru 9 are interchangeable right now. If we take care of business at WVU and FSU we will jump to 6. Not an easy task, but possible.

Fresno ST at #8 is a shocker as well, They should be #4 behind ECU, BYU, Utah. That was a quality loss to Wis.

11. Bornabuff

So...I guess you're telling me that my Buff's bias doesn't count for at least four spots. :smile2:

12. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

We haven't done anything to deserve anything higher. YET.