1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN's latest article on Sal

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Nor Cal Buff, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Nor Cal Buff

Nor Cal Buff Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=090925/aunese

Of note:

2. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I just finished reading the story. Almost a tear jerker. I'm just glad Tim Griffin had no part of the story.

3. PurifydatA$$

PurifydatA$$ Member

Is anyone else pissed off that Juicebox didn't allow TC to come play for the Buffs, come full circle and honor his father?? Why wasn't that a condition of his hiring? I don't think there's a single CU fan in the world that wouldn't have wanted TC on our team.

Plus, he'd probably be our best option at qb too.

Thanks Dan Talkins

4. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Any chance we could make that a sticky for a while? Really a great piece that every Buff fan should read!

And yes, this was another problem created by Cody being at CU.

5. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

There was a little more to the situation than Cody being the coaches son. That's all I'll say on it.

6. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

No..

7. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

You're not alone. While it would have been a great story and I am pulling for TC when I would normally wish total failure upon the LSU program, he had the choice to walk on here. I don't believe Hawk would refuse Mac's grandson. He wouldn't start here just like he isn't at LSU and probably would have to look to lower FBS schools for playing time when he was being recruited. There's probably much more to that story than I know but Les Miles getting him to come play for his team like he did TC's father is a good enough story for me.

8. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

TC slept with Hawks daughter?? :saythat:

9. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

If Barnett was the coach, TC would be here.... but did we really want to put that kind of pressure on the kid? He wasn't recruited by any BCS program for a scholarship...

10. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

TC was an average high school quarterback. He won't see the field at LSU, and it's very unlikely he would have ever seen the field at CU. This isn't about playing time.

I have a hard time believing Hawk wouldn't let the kid walk on if he wanted to.

11. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

I'm sure Hawk cringed when he read that...he's under enough pressure...now this story came out and this is bound to tick off longtime Buff fans including myself. It's debatable whether TC would have been able to play but didn't the article say he is the BACKUP QB at LSU?

12. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I'm not possitive, but the piece they aired on ESPN said he was listed as 3rd string. I believe.

13. PurifydatA$$

PurifydatA$$ Member

Yeah, he's 3rd string...maybe 4th...copied this from the article

"As the 2009 season started, the odds of his playing weren't strong, other than in a mop-up role. Jefferson was still entrenched as the starter, backed up by Lee. Miles also had recruited two freshman quarterbacks, Russell Shepard and Chris Garrett, and, although Garrett was being redshirted, there was a sense that Shepard and T.C. were quarterbacks 3 and 3a."

14. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Who would you rather see play, TC, or our 3rd/4th string guy?

15. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

What bothers me about TC not being here is that we've had so many open scholarships. There was no reason to ask him to walk on. Some things you just get done. If Mac's grandson/ Sal's son can walk and chew gum at the same time you find a way to make him a Buff. Period.

16. PurifydatA$$

PurifydatA$$ Member

Exactly! Even though his time at CU was cut short, Sal was an undeniable part of the best years of our program. His son grew up idolizing CU football. We're not Notre Dame or Michigan that has every kid dreaming to be on the team - this is Colorado - we SHOULD HAVE made sure that TC became part of our program.

As Buffnik pointed out, it's not like we use all our scholarships every year anyhow, so he wouldn't even have had to walk on. TC's qb abilities aside, it would have been very meaningful for the CU family to have TC here. He would have been close to home and playing for the school that he'd always dreamed of.

Plus, maybe that would have gotten Mac back involved in the program - which I think we all can agree would be a good thing these days.