1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN's NBA Mock Draft (v1.0 - 3/20)

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/7712831/nba-mock-draft-version-1

Pac-12:

#19 Tony Wroten, Washington
    #23 Terrence Ross, Washington

Josh Smith, UCLA listed among the "Next 5" but outside the 1st round Top 30.

Not a lot of love for the Pac-12 this year, as expected. We're not even sure any of those guys will declare. Someone will take a flyer on ex-UCLA PF Reeves Nelson, but I'm not sure it's going to happen in the 1st round even though he's a Lottery talent.

2. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

There's more than double your starting contract money if you go from Top 20 to Top 5.

For selfish reasons and conference pride I'd love to see them both (Wroten/Ross) return...

3. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

I am convinced every year scouts will tell Josh Smith to loss some weight and get into shape and he will be a lottery pick. Every year he will eat a cheeseburger instead.

4. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

Uh, Josh Smith? Really? Did they see his fat ass? I mean it's huge, like my size huge. How that can be considered an NBA ready body baffles me. Until he slims down he cannot be considered even a D-league prospect. 15 min per night, impactful as they may be, isn't going to cut it.

Step away from the In-n-out, dude.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  5. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

FWIW, I say Wroten stays, and Ross bolts.

6. Buffnik

Probably not a bad call. Ross would have to be concerned about how much Wroten would be willing to share the ball next year.

7. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Josh Smith already said he is returning to UCLA next year. (I don't know who in their right mind drafts him).

My guess is Wroten is gone, somebody will promise to take him in the lottery (probably David Kahn) and he will bolt. Not so sure about Ross staying either, I think he is more likely to stay if Wroten leaves.

8. Buffnik

If I could wave a magic wand and put either Wroten or Ross on next year's Buff team, I'd choose Ross and it wouldn't be that hard of a choice.

But if I was drafting for an NBA team, I'd have Wroten rated much higher than Ross. Not even close.

Does that make sense without me taking time to write out my thought process/rationale on this one?

9. jgisland

Yes make sense, Wroten has the build and play making ability NBA GM's drool over.

And does anybody else see the Spurs drafting Jorge Guiterez late (seems like their type of guy) and angering me as a Nuggets fan for the next 15 years?

10. Buffnik

I think Jorge could be a great "glue guy" for a contender to have available in the backcourt. The Spurs could definitely see him as a Bowen Part Duex. He'd be a good fit there. I could also see him in Chicago. Jorge and Noah on the court together would bring a lot of nasty that would drive teams crazy.

11. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

I would draft Josh Smith in an instant... as a second round pick without a guaranteed contract.

12. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

These draft projections, from various sources, should get interesing here in a couple of weeks. iirc, the "mocks" pick up steam after the tourney finishes.

13. jgisland

Really? For what exactly? He can't stay on the court (foul trouble and out of shape) or contribute at the college level and never really shows flashes of greatness. I guess I don't see the appeal to even warrent wasting a draft pick.

14. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

For the second part of torero's statement. You take him with little risk (2nd rounders rarely do much anyway) and you have a big guy who you try to motivate with tangible money to get his ****ing act together. He is very skilled and could be a good contributor if he dropped some lbs.

15. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

:nod: