What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN's updated top 25...post Dre

NBDefektor

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...25-2013-14-season-ncaa-men-college-basketball

For those too lazy to click the link, Jason King has us at 22, right below the jayhawks and right above the huskies and then the bruins.

"22. Colorado Buffaloes: The Buffaloes took a huge hit Sunday when Andre Roberson, who averaged 11.2 rebounds last season, entered the NBA draft despite being projected as a second-rounder. With Roberson, Colorado could've been the one team to challenge Arizona in the Pac-12. This should still be an excellent team. Tad Boyle's squad boasts one of the country's most underrated backcourts in Askia Booker and Spencer Dinwiddie, who led the team in points (15.3) and assists (3.0). And freshman forwards Josh Scott and Xavier Johnson -- who combined to average 19.1 points -- should make significant strides as sophomores. Colorado needs to improve its maturity and consistency when it comes to effort and focus. Too many good wins were followed by head-scratching losses. That's the sign of a young team. The Buffaloes won't be able to use that as an excuse next season."

Can't say I disagree with too much, though I'm not sure about King's confidence in Ski. If Ski can improve and get back to what he's best at, we obviously would have one of the most dangerous backcourts in the country...

Ski may get more blind love from espn than we feel from watching the end of the season, but I am impressed that they can actually comment based on true awareness of our play last season. It is the first time they've paid real attention.

Ski may get more blind love from espn than we feel from watching the end of the season, but I am impressed that they can actually comment based on true awareness of our play last season. It is the first time they've paid real attention.

Jay Williams fell in love with Ski in Charleston and was high on him for the rest of the season. He would always bring up Ski first when talking about CU.

We are getting great respect for our program without Dre. Great to see and great for recruiting! We really need to be more consistent, but IMO, it was caused by having no depth and our starters wearing down.

Ski can be dominant when is he on (Charleston, games in Boulder), but he takes too many poor shots. I expect a big improvement in his game next year, especially shot selection with all the additional talent competiting for his starting role. He might be our 6th man by the middle of the season! I acutally think Hopkins can come in a take his position if he continues to shoot poorly.

It will be fun watching this team develop over the course of the season. They will be young again, but we will finally have depth and that will help our team become much better at everything. I hope we don't see another nine minute scoring drought again...Also, we won't get as frustrated with Boyle's substitution patterns when the dropoff won't be much.

Ski was also our best offensive player in the NCAA tournament.

I think there may be something to the thought that the coaches and teams that know him well have figured something out to defend him. That, plus a shooting slump turned into a confidence killer as it dragged on last year.

Jay Williams fell in love with Ski in Charleston and was high on him for the rest of the season. He would always bring up Ski first when talking about CU.

This always had me scratching my head, right around tourney selection time, when Ski's name would come up everytime ESPN or anybody else spent 20 seconds talking about CU. I always thought "Have you looked at his numbers?" I love the kid's play-making ability (something we sorely need) but it really remains to be seen if he's a consistent D1-level shooter. I'm guessing his Pac-12 shooting % had to be near the bottom of the league for starters.

This always had me scratching my head, right around tourney selection time, when Ski's name would come up everytime ESPN or anybody else spent 20 seconds talking about CU. I always thought "Have you looked at his numbers?" I love the kid's play-making ability (something we sorely need) but it really remains to be seen if he's a consistent D1-level shooter. I'm guessing his Pac-12 shooting % had to be near the bottom of the league for starters.

TOtally agree. Also, look at his games on the road. He never once shot over 40%. Not once. Pretty incredible. Also, he had the worst shooting percentage among starters and bench players, yet he took the most shots on the team?

I hope next year he improves because I like Ski's ability to create his own shot, but he need to picks his spots better. If he doesn't, I think one of the freshmen will take his spot. I actually like Ski coming off the bench, but we will see how boyle feels.

TOtally agree. Also, look at his games on the road. He never once shot over 40%. Not once. Pretty incredible. Also, he had the worst shooting percentage among starters and bench players, yet he took the most shots on the team?

I hope next year he improves because I like Ski's ability to create his own shot, but he need to picks his spots better. If he doesn't, I think one of the freshmen will take his spot. I actually like Ski coming off the bench, but we will see how boyle feels.

I've always thought his skill set was perfectly suited to be a sixth man. High motor player who can hit a few shots and get in the lane. For whatever reason, he gave up on getting in the lane a lot of the time last year and settled for jumper after jumper after jumper.

I really don't see it being a crippling loss. We're going to be a very solid team next year. Flirting with the top 25 and winning a game or two in the Dance is fair given what we know at this point.

I really don't see it being a crippling loss. We're going to be a very solid team next year. Flirting with the top 25 and winning a game or two in the Dance is fair given what we know at this point.

:nod: Depth will still be better, albeit younger, than last season.

This is the only thing I have ever complained about in regards to Coach Boyle. I don't understand why he let Booker shot so much. It had a HUGE negative impact on the offensive flow.

Even early in the season I was complaining about his shot selection (he was making bad shots), and people looked at me like I was crazy. Well, when he started missing they saw what I was seeing...

I don't think he is D-1 level starting guard, and he certainly shouldn't be leading his team in shots taken.

Who is supposed to take those shots after not running an offense for 32 seconds?

Back