What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ex-NFL and Stanford assistant Chester McGlockton dies at 42

JimmyBuff

I assume he coaches DL for Stanford. Sad stuff. RIP

Former Oakland Raiders Pro Bowl defensive lineman Chester McGlockton has died. He was 42.
McGlockton, who was a defensive assistant coach at Stanford the past two seasons, died overnight, the school said. The cause of death was not immediately announced, though one report said he died of a heart attack.
"Everyone in the Stanford Football family is deeply saddened by the passing of Chester McGlockton," Stanford coach David Shaw said in a statement. "For the past two seasons, Chester has been a valuable member of our football staff and a wonderful friend to us all. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Chester's wife Zina and their two children."
http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_19440345?source=pkg

article on chester about 4 years ago when he was coaching at a junior college in Oakland. Talked about the pain he goes through every day
http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_19440914?source=rss

If I remember right Chester was a BIG man, not exactly a model of physical conditioning.

Unless he made a major lifestyle change this is unfortunately not surprising. Makes you think a little bit though before you order that double cheeseburger.

If I remember right Chester was a BIG man, not exactly a model of physical conditioning.

Unless he made a major lifestyle change this is unfortunately not surprising. Makes you think a little bit though before you order that double cheeseburger....so you don't forget to add the bacon.
fify...actually, it is kind of scary when you hear of people younger than you passing. RIP big Chet.

Unless he made a major lifestyle change this is unfortunately not surprising. Makes you think a little bit though before you order that double cheeseburger.

That's why I'm eating those with a side of baby aspirin.:thumbsup:

Jeez, I remember him very briefly playing in Denver. I didn't realize it's been a decade already since he was with the team, and he was in the twilight of his playing career then. Bear of a man. Condolences.

he was a clemson grad and a good one there too. back when clemson was really good. local sports radio spent about half an hour on his how today about him. sad loss.

Back