1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ex QBs. A critique of Jordan Webb.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by fervorfactor, Sep 29, 2012.

1. fervorfactor

fervorfactor Active Member

I've thrown the ball on a few levels. Thanks to some Pac-12 network still shots today, I got a look at Webb's grip. His ball always wobbles. That cuts down on speed of the throw and accuracy and especially hurts throwing into the wind. To get a tight spiral, or 'spinning it' as its called now, the fingertips need to be on the laces so they are the last part of the hand leaving the ball. Webb holds the ball with his middle knuckles on the laces, basically throwing a knuckle ball, wobbly. It would be interesting to hear opinions of other QBs. Plus, I just wanted to bitch.

2. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

From a former QB viewpoint, is he missing reads? is he holding the ball too long?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  3. fervorfactor

fervorfactor Active Member

I was commenting on his throws. He doesn't get enough protection and I also think he is too short and they aren't moving the pocket to give him lanes. And there is little threat of a run game so play action isn't working.

4. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

Jordan Webb is our best option this year, we have to support him.

5. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Until this post, this thread consisted of only retarded people.

Goose likes this.
  6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I can vouch for the fact that Rugged isn't a person.

7. INTHABUFF

INTHABUFF Club Member Club Member

It's either how he grips the ball or the fact that, counting him, they have exactly 0 difference makers.

8. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Isn't David Ash the guy that Wood was tied with before he transferred? Maybe there's hope yet!

9. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Im guessing it isnt his grip, he probably has small mits. There really isnt a wrong answer on how u grip the rock, do what youve always done. The short thing is crap, just find a lane. Doug Flutie was short as hell and did fine for himself, had huge hands for a little dude. Youd be surprised how little guys with big hands excell at what they do. John Stockton has big hands and a pg is like a qb, he could handle the rock id say.

10. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

Did I read that right?

11. Da Lama

Da Lama Well-Known Member

Ex QB and coach here = His footwork is sh*t and he is slow in his reads/decision making. Add in the fact his arm strength is marginal and there you go.

12. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I miss the days where CU had a QB that actually scared opposing DC's.....

13. lankybuffalo

lankybuffalo New Member

That's what I was seeing too...way too slow in his reads never seemed to go with the first option even if it was there...almost like he was expecting something better and then you throw in our line and it's a disaster. I have to say that's one thing about when Hirshman was in, though he didn't throw a ton, when he dropped back he saw something and let it fly. It would be interesting to see what he could do but really we just need a quarterback that will get the ball out of his hands with confidence.

14. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

I agree. There was one pass in particular where the line actually blocked. STAY IN THE FREAKING POCKET! He scrambled then ran for a gain of one. If our receivers can't open if they have six seconds without any pressure we have some issues. Also my buddy and I in the student section (we both played high school football, but lets be honest these guys have much better knowledge) could pick which receiver he was going to throw to and if he wasn't open he panicked.

15. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Webb holds onto the ball too damn long....he is not as athletic as Tyler Hansen...he has 0 touch and could not hit a guy on a fly route no matter how much time he had to throw....BUT he is the best we have

If anyone wants to look at 1 spot and try to figure out why we have sucked for as long as we have it's because our QB play has been DEAD LAST in our conference pretty much every year....will never succeed with marginal talent at the most important position

16. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

No Philly, said mits not nuts dick. Hes a spread qb, they read half the field most of the time. Progressions are pretty new to him.

17. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I was hoping an experienced QB was a good thing, apparently Fat Charlie was right. CU has sunk so low we are grabbing rejects and hoping they are better than the guys our vaunted staff has recruited/"coached up".