What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Excellent article about Chaminade HS pipeline...

There's 6-5 senior receiver Brayden Lenius, who has received interest from the Buffs. Croson said Lenius is a "monster," and his recruiting stock is on the rise.
There's 6-6, 305-pound offensive lineman Bar Milo, a junior who picked up a CU offer this week, and 6-4, 255-pound junior tight end Chris Bounds, who also received an offer from the Buffs.
All Juniors.

When the staff was put together, somone questioned Bernardi's age and ability to recruit and I stated then that the guy is a bit of a legend in SoCal and the Phoenix area. He's been recruiting there for a thousand years and there is nobody with more respect and a better reputation in those areas. He may not come waving a fistful of money, or have a group of dates lined up for our visitors, but the good ole boy network of High School football coaches know Bernardi is a man of his word and that his word means something.

He was good friends with my HS coach, who played OLine in the NFL and is in the Arizona Hall of Fame for coaching. We won a lot of games and he sent a lot of kids Gary's way, even opponents that he'd see on film that nobody knew about. Gary had a network of "scouts" working the ground for him in Phoenix. Fact.

One more brick in the wall. So far so good in terms of recruiting momentum. Keep it up staff.

When the staff was put together, somone questioned Bernardi's age and ability to recruit and I stated then that the guy is a bit of a legend in SoCal and the Phoenix area. He's been recruiting there for a thousand years and there is nobody with more respect and a better reputation in those areas. He may not come waving a fistful of money, or have a group of dates lined up for our visitors, but the good ole boy network of High School football coaches know Bernardi is a man of his word and that his word means something.

He was good friends with my HS coach, who played OLine in the NFL and is in the Arizona Hall of Fame for coaching. We won a lot of games and he sent a lot of kids Gary's way, even opponents that he'd see on film that nobody knew about. Gary had a network of "scouts" working the ground for him in Phoenix. Fact.
Good insight here. It's easy to thinking of recruiting in terms of selling to the kids but good relationships with HS coaches are also important. I think it really becomes key when you start looking for plan-B and plan-C type players. HS coaches often have the best pulse on the under-the-radar types. Hawkins really **** the bed on this one when he went with his national recruiting strategy instead of specific regions.

Really good to hear about Bernardi. He has been a recruiting coordinator at several schools so it should not be a surprise. But he is doing better than I expected. Should get better too as we develop pipe lines to CI

Lenius is actually a senior, sorry should have included that. He just turned 17 yesterday.

You're probably referring to me. I questioned whether assigning Bernardi and Bernardi only to the entire state of Arizona was a good thing. Clearly I was wrong since we have landed all of nobody from that state in two classes. My bad.

Back