1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excellent article about Chaminade HS pipeline...

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by skinsfan55, Dec 20, 2013.

1. skinsfan55

skinsfan55 Club Member Club Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  3. skinsfan55

skinsfan55 Club Member Club Member

Try it again, the BDC must be having some issues. The link was dead on their site too.

4. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

All Juniors.

5. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

When the staff was put together, somone questioned Bernardi's age and ability to recruit and I stated then that the guy is a bit of a legend in SoCal and the Phoenix area. He's been recruiting there for a thousand years and there is nobody with more respect and a better reputation in those areas. He may not come waving a fistful of money, or have a group of dates lined up for our visitors, but the good ole boy network of High School football coaches know Bernardi is a man of his word and that his word means something.

He was good friends with my HS coach, who played OLine in the NFL and is in the Arizona Hall of Fame for coaching. We won a lot of games and he sent a lot of kids Gary's way, even opponents that he'd see on film that nobody knew about. Gary had a network of "scouts" working the ground for him in Phoenix. Fact.

KyleM. likes this.
  6. Eggon

Eggon Club Member Club Member

One more brick in the wall. So far so good in terms of recruiting momentum. Keep it up staff.

7. schubeal

schubeal Club Member Club Member

Good insight here. It's easy to thinking of recruiting in terms of selling to the kids but good relationships with HS coaches are also important. I think it really becomes key when you start looking for plan-B and plan-C type players. HS coaches often have the best pulse on the under-the-radar types. Hawkins really **** the bed on this one when he went with his national recruiting strategy instead of specific regions.

8. DavisBuff

DavisBuff Club Member Club Member

Really good to hear about Bernardi. He has been a recruiting coordinator at several schools so it should not be a surprise. But he is doing better than I expected. Should get better too as we develop pipe lines to CI

9. KyleM.

KyleM. Recruiting Moderator Club Member

Lenius is actually a senior, sorry should have included that. He just turned 17 yesterday.

10. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

You're probably referring to me. I questioned whether assigning Bernardi and Bernardi only to the entire state of Arizona was a good thing. Clearly I was wrong since we have landed all of nobody from that state in two classes. My bad.