1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excellent Press on the Buffs in Ft Worth Paper

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Idot Buff, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

That can't hurt our recruiting. We're going to get a lot of good press if we're winning at a decent clip. Bzdelik is very respected and extremely well-liked in basketball circles. He's very accessible and quotable for the media, too.

Dallas: in Texas prep basketball, is DFW on par with Houston for putting out talent or does it still skew heavily to the Houseon area?

3. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Deron Williams and Chris Bosh are both from Dallas. That's a good start...

4. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Nik - I don't know....I am not familiar with Houston HS basketball.....I do my best to act like the shores of the Gulf of Mexico are located just south of Oak Cliff.....

5. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

On par, and though I think Houston has traditionally put out better star quality prospects, DFW's got more powerhouse programs who make a run at the state final four almost every single year. Lincoln, SOC, Duncanville, Dunbar, just to name a few. Realistically, Bz and staff should be scouting and courting these schools' #2 and 3 scoring options. Conceding the top guy might go to one of the Texas Big 12 schools or another high level D1 program, the other starters on these squads are probably gems but because of scholly limits and the desire to play close to home are mulling offers primarily from mid-levels like Tulsa, UH or SMU. Find a guy who would be a great fit playing Big 12 basketball and sell the fact that he'll be playing half of his conference road games near friends and family and you've got a recruiting base that isn't as shallow as once believed.

And, of course, win, win, win. Exponential incentive multiplier.