What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Excerpt from Boyle's post-game interview

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
With 30 some games that you play, there are probably five games a year where you play below your ability level and you kind of stink it up and it wasn't your night for whatever reason. I think there are five games you probably play above your heads a little bit and shots are going in and you are feeling good. And somewhere in the middle 20 is kind of who you are as a team.

And I think tonight was one of those five games on the former end in terms of us not being ready mentally and emotionally for whatever reason. And as a coach you always look at yourself. I told myself midway through the first half, I didn't have our team ready to play coming out of the chute tonight and I have to take ownership in that just as much as our players do. We're in this together.

So true. And I love the personal accountability.

That is a fantastic quote and one of the reasons I like Boyle so much. I spent a bunch of time talking to him at the Cal game (not like we were watching much football anyway) and I like what he has to say. The best part of the conversation was when I asked him what it would be like to not be the newest coach at CU because os what we were watching on the field. He just smiled at me and said winning was something they all had to do and that is how you are measured as a coach. He is all about the accountability.

Back