What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Exhibition Games '13

HawaiiBUFF

Club Member
Club Member
With the start of our season just around the corner, November 8th, I wanted to see if anyone knew if we had any exhibitions/scrimmages set up schools? Also are we going to be hosting another Mid Night Madness. It was a big step in the right direction for our program by hosting this event. I hope this year the athletic department can do a little better job in getting the word out. It would be great to pack the KEG and get the game on TV.

I had heard that CU was not planning another Midnight Madness, at least at this time. Would love to get an early look at a lot of the new players for CU, and how they play against other CU players. But attendance was probably seen as a disappointment, so imagine they won't do one for a few more years.

Hope we scrimmage with SMU again

I had heard that CU was not planning another Midnight Madness, at least at this time. Would love to get an early look at a lot of the new players for CU, and how they play against other CU players. But attendance was probably seen as a disappointment, so imagine they won't do one for a few more years.

Hope we scrimmage with SMU again

Yep, wouldn't expect another Midnight Madness this year unless something drastically changes. Unfortunately, we need to step our game up a bit as fans if they give us another opportunity for it in a year or two in order for it to become annual.

Scrimmages will happen. We'll hear more whispers soon.

Pretty sure we have a matchup with Boise State scheduled.

Really want another midnight madness. Maybe a twitter campaign is in order?

Won't happen this year. The team was (justifiably) disappointed with the turnout last year. Give it a few years and I bet it's back.

Won't happen this year. The team was (justifiably) disappointed with the turnout last year. Give it a few years and I bet it's back.

If they wanted people to show, the AD should have marketed it better. Make it an event for the students. Have some giveaways, do a half court shot for free tuition for a semester.

If they wanted people to show, the AD should have marketed it better. Make it an event for the students. Have some giveaways, do a half court shot for free tuition for a semester.

It was announced too late. I'm not blaming anyone for last year's failure. It was a great idea, but just didn't work out. To properly do one of these things, you have to be planning it for months.

Why does it even matter of its a sell-out? I'm sure everyone there enjoyed it, including me. It gets the fans involved and excited before the season... so who cares?

Why does it even matter of its a sell-out? I'm sure everyone there enjoyed it, including me. It gets the fans involved and excited before the season... so who cares?

It wasn't all that fun for the players. If they didn't care for it, Tad's sure as **** not going to waste one of his practices for it. The NCAA only allows so many.

All I know is that last year my phone started ringing from various people asking if I was using my tickets for nearly every game. Interest in Buff Bball has not been this high......Ever? I would think we could get some kind of big early season event going.

It wasn't all that fun for the players. If they didn't care for it, Tad's sure as **** not going to waste one of his practices for it. The NCAA only allows so many.

For those that aren't aware (and care), the NCAA actually changed the start date and # of practices teams get this year. Teams can start practicing 42 days before their first game and get 30 practices over those 42 days. So CU's first practice can be September 27th. The old rule was 24 practices over 30 days.

For those that aren't aware (and care), the NCAA actually changed the start date and # of practices teams get this year. Teams can start practicing 42 days before their first game and get 30 practices over those 42 days. So CU's first practice can be September 27th. The old rule was 24 practices over 30 days.

I think this is huge for us.

Does that change apply to both MBB and WBB? It would also be huge for our WBB team since they need to replace Chucky and had Ky Weston transfer back near home.

Does that change apply to both MBB and WBB? It would also be huge for our WBB team since they need to replace Chucky and had Ky Weston transfer back near home.

Can you give us a rundown on the Italy trip and how they looked, esp, the frosh?

WBB stays the same, but their rule was different. WBB can start 40 days before the first game and get 30 practices over 40 days. They chose not to extend to 42 days b/c it would conflict with a recruiting weekend. So the MBB rule change actually puts it more inline with WBB.

Back